78 replies to this topic

#41 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

I have a copy of Photoshop CS3 if you would like a copy. I prefer using this to the Photoshop CS6 version.

#42 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

I'll sort you out.

#43 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

What's the best way to deal with black areas when importing to MFME?

As the import tool doesn't like the black areas behind words etc & just ignores them & cuts the word out or jumps & does a whole section of lamps as one.

Edited by Matty.N, 14 May 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#44 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

Drawing mode? does that let me create my own area vs the picker? How do i toggle that if so?

EG: The phone here when imported is all broken & doesn't fully work. Tried adjusting the min on/off values but it's either too light nothing is seen or too dark to see the lamps apart.

7c33d8e8ae18af447b6bfb54b7d3bff1.png

Edited by Matty.N, 14 May 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#45 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Why aren't you just cutting the lamps out in the dx lamp creator tool? you will save yourself aload of hassle. Open your classic then import you on image, then use the lamp mask export tool select on 1 and extract,so the same for your off image,then select set to graphic,then you only have the masking to deal with.Open the dx lamp creator and select remask images,this will then mask your lamps for you,it saves you from exporting them and masking em individually.

Hold the bells mate.

#46 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Why aren't you just cutting the lamps out in the dx lamp creator tool? you will save yourself aload of hassle. Open your classic then import you on image, then use the lamp mask export tool select on 1 and extract,so the same for your off image,then select set to graphic,then you only have the masking to deal with.Open the dx lamp creator and select remask images,this will then mask your lamps for you,it saves you from exporting them and masking em individually.

So you don't actually need to mask them all, if any,
like you used to in paint never knew that! That will certainly save a lot of piss arsing about
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#47 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

An updated video would be nice to get maybe get new people involved in have a go, as i think fear of trying and not know were to start to be fair, plus asking to many questions and getting on peoples tits.If there was a benchmark/guide it would help

As you can see below am only trying out a jpm converstion  just to get an idea of whats involved only i could be spending hours doing something that only takes a few minutes to someone in the know,so would end up losing interest

Attached File  Screenshot (392).png   757.81KB   1 downloads

Spent hours getting it like this dont even know if its right what am doing :skeptical:

#48 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

is that a working mfme big banker, if so you've got further with it than me so thats a start lol.

don,t be put off, we all started sometime, read some of my topics if you think you're getting on people's tits lol.

i do argee we definitely need either a new video or videos and maybe a sticky topic for new and old designers like a step by step guide as there's certainly a need with people wanting to either take the next step in layout creating or newbies wanting to have a go.

back to big banker i'm sure that uses a disc reel but thats something i've never done far to difficult for my pea brain lol

#49 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

That's my JPM layout of Big Banker there :)

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#50 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

J

Does it use a disc reel, maybe it could be re visited for Mfme

#51 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

[quote name="vectra666" post="303696" timestamp="1494883497"]
is that a working mfme big banker, if so you've got further with it than me so thats a start lol.
don,t be put off, we all started sometime, read some of my topics if you think you're getting on people's tits lol.
i do argee we definitely need either a new video or videos and maybe a sticky topic for new and old designers like a step by step guide as there's certainly a need with people wanting to either take the next step in layout creating or newbies wanting to have a go.
back to big banker i'm sure that uses a disc reel but thats something i've never done far to difficult for my pea

No not working copy just having a play around all iv done is coped decals from jpm one into folder and reel image's into another folder,cut down the art work and placed reels in and started to place decal over artwork.iv tryed adding roms to which nothing happens only the red dot in top right flashes but nothing else.To be fair the whole thing could do with an update/revamp as pixel's show on full screen,like I said vecs am only messing trying to learn but now stuck be will keep having a play
As regards yourself getting on everyone tits passed is passed and you do well with you layouts I mean you make loads,you need to take a break from time to time or there will be none left for others to do

Edited by evo1, 16 May 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#52 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

J

Hi j yes it your layout mate as above just trying to learn things. we dont have a big banker for mfme you Don fancy revamping your layout?

#53 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

Yes uses disk reel big banker.

#54 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hi j yes it your layout mate as above just trying to learn things. we dont have a big banker for mfme you Don fancy revamping your layout?

No mate, you are very welcome to use the artwork to make an mfme layout.  I was looking last night for my original PSD file but I no longer have it.  It was a long time ago now.

All the best

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#55 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

I have seen peoples wip's with reel windows green, do i have to cut the reel windows out?.

If so how is it done?.

A bit stuck as how to get the reels to look under the image instead of over it.

Thanks.

Edited by richy1976, 16 May 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#56 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

Cut the rreel windows out a dark grey, green doesn't appear to work anymore some how, however when you mask the lamps the bright green works on that but not reel windows
You cut the reel windows out with the lasso tool then click "fill" and choose the dark grey colour

#57 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Cut the rreel windows out a dark grey, green doesn't appear to work anymore some how, however when you mask the lamps the bright green works on that but not reel windows
You cut the reel windows out with the lasso tool then click "fill" and choose the dark grey colour

If you mean the overlay isn't transparent anymore, you need to select overlay in reel properties, right click and select transparency -> Set from centre or Set from cursor pos etc

Edited by Wizard, 16 May 2017 - 08:06 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#58 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

If you mean the overlay isn't transparent anymore, you need to select overlay in reel properties, right click and select transparency -> Set from centre or Set from cursor pos etc

all thats fine what i mean is in old mfme10.1 say we used to blank the reel windows out the usual bright green but in new mfme that doesn't appear to work so i now do them a dark grey which so far has proved 100% better than the old green as that used to have to be 100% covered to work properly

#59 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

all thats fine what i mean is in old mfme10.1 say we used to blank the reel windows out the usual bright green but in new mfme that doesn't appear to work so i now do them a dark grey which so far has proved 100% better than the old green as that used to have to be 100% covered to work properly

What doesn't work ? Post up a screenshot, I don't understand what you mean

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#60 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

I have seen peoples wip's with reel windows green, do i have to cut the reel windows out?.

If so how is it done?.

A bit stuck as how to get the reels to look under the image instead of over it.

Thanks.

You create an overlay, which then sits on top on the reel. The reason to blank out the reel windows in the background is so that it's easy to then make the reel window transparent in the overlay

The quickest way to do the background is to right click the background in properties and use edit with graphics editor, you can zoom in using the mouse wheel ( scroll the image using right mouse button ) and then select draw/line/Block Fill to set the reel window colour to whatever you like, then click apply and you're done

Edited by Wizard, 16 May 2017 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users