Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

File Name: Barcrest - Count Ya Cash

File Submitter: Matty.N

File Submitted: 10 Apr 2017

File Category: MPU5

Now here's one I wasn't expecting, One of my favourite machines that came out as a result of the new technical standards as part of the £70 jackpot upgrade. Fun game play that doesn't kill you in 3 moves, Decent Barcrest game play before they slipped down the slippery slope, a unique sound package & lets not forget the flicker!

Once again thanks to Mavroz for the fruit symbols, these newer Barcrest ones are like gold dust! and another thank you to Wizard, the new lamping style for classic layouts really make this layout work & I think this is my best work to date, I am so happy with how it's come out & does a good job of mimicking the actual machine.

Accept = A
Play Count Ya Cash = P
Reject = R
Collect = `
Change Stake = X
Hold = 1/2/3
Shuffle = S
Transfer/Exchange = T
Start = Space
Hint = H
£1 in = 0

Click here to download this file

#2 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thank you very much for this, great release as used to play this quite a lot....!

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#3 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Good one, nice sound package, thanks for this great machine, hope more barcrest £70 machines and hopefully Extreme £70 MPU5's make this site too, not to mention a fav of mine, Vivid's Prize Fighter. Always played this beauty in a pub called the Tallbert near Worcester, think it was near Upton.

#4 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thank you....

#5 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

TY :)

#6 fruityfrantic

fruityfrantic

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Yes, I love this game Many Thanks!!!!! :)

#7 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

thanks for the layout, amazes me how many manufactures used the dond type game in their newer machines 

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#9 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Ooohhh splendid stuff didn't think we'd get a flicker machine emulated as Take It Or Leave It is MPU6 and not emulated. (Not sure if Bootylicious and Murphy's Millions were MPU5 or MPU6. I always assumed that TIOLI was the first flicker machine and then the others were cloned afterwards, which would have made them all MPU6, but obviously not!)

Anyway, it's an interesting enough machine, and certainly a very fine effort to maintain some vestiges of 'amusement' in AWPs in the the £70 era, although this is achieved by having an awful lot of low paying 'stuff' on the machine, so it can let you go around the board plenty of times and land on loads of things without ever risking paying out more than a tenner if it doesn't want to.

It's also very flat profile, left to its own devices (without being nobbled by 'the method') it'll stick incredibly closely to percentage, almost always allowing a flat £70 MS or a jackpot for cost price plus percentage. IIRC the mega is capped very low as well, £90-£100 or something like that? Certainly no crazy Red-style £210 megas coming off this one!

The method for this one is really very simple, it's basically £32 in on 25p play (I've changed the layout config so that it's 25/50/100 rather than 30/50/100, as the method is credit based rather than cash based), then up to £1 play, get a board ASAP (but not on the first £1 credit), take the board right down to the wire but don't back it into a corner as it will kill you before giving £70/MS, and then take the DOND game, it'll be 35/50/70/MS.

You can then go back to the start and just do it again, if it doesn't board for £9 in on 25p play then it's dead and you need to walk.

The boxes always go down in value too, so if you've just had a 50 box it'll never do a 70/MS box next cycle through. Once it's down to 35 you can deal on the 'finish' which it likes to do, which is 35/70 or 35/MS, as you know it won't be 70 or MS, take the offer.

Actually quite a boring and slow method to do, but as close as you're going to get to free money with minimal risk (since you can never lose more than £9), and a pretty simple method too. I hosed a generous four figure sum out of two units in my local pubs whilst they were onsite.

Many thanks for this one Matty, really didn't think we'd see a flicker emulated :D Lovely classic layout too, evokes the spirit of the real machine extremely well, right down to the colour scheme!

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#10 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Nice work is there any with the machine flyer as well classic will do for now I remember putting alot in this and only getting £50 took ages to get the flicker looking forward to playing this later Barcrest were always my favourite

#11 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Matty

M

#12 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Thank You Matty.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#13 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Thank You

#14 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

thank you

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#15 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Thanks! Nasty 30p stake lol

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#16 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for your hard work mate :)

#17 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

I can't seen to get the flicker

#18 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

For the benefit of the impatient, the 'flicker' is at just after 9 minutes in.

This is when it tries to upgrade the 70 box, which of course it can't but it still does the LED animation as if it were. If it does this, then MS is in the box.

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#19 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Great stuff, very interesting to see this sort of thing.

So you've explained and showed the method, but...............I'm still curious.

For instance, even if someone has taken out £140 and walked straight away and you walk up to the machine, not knowing this, and you get a board within £9 on 25p, you'll get at least £35 back? Or does the machine have to be in a certain state to do it, such as well below %, so you're always taking a chance that you'll lose.

I guess the machine after paying out £140 and/or being at or over %, is probably going to play nasty, but is the machine badly coded, so that even if it decides to offer you a board within that first £9 and kills you straight away, it still has to then go through the rest of the procedure and pay out at least £35. 

In your experience, obviously four figures up, how often out of 10, would you say, you made a profit. 

EDIT.......I notice Spa is more coy about these things and still not giving away old secrets lol.

Edited by wearecity, 15 April 2017 - 06:29 PM.

#20 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

This is what made them so dirty IMO, in that if they were being played 'normally' they'd ALWAYS board within £9 of credits on 25p play so the method could be done.

The only thing that could stop them boarding was someone doing the method on them, taking them right down to a 35 box (i.e. gone through the cycle more than once), but then getting the 'finish' on the 35 box (i.e. 70/35 with an offer of 49 or whatever it was, can't remember exactly). If you took the offer of 49 then that'd put it about £16-£20 off boarding, but even once it had boarded you could cycle it round to a 35 box again, albeit taking a loss of £10-£15.

So yes, in your example above, if someone had collected a £140 bank and it boarded within £9 of credits, you could do the method and get at least £35 back for £34/£35 in.

In my experience though the machine almost maintained two separate pots, in that the 'method pot' was set apart from the 'normal play' pot, the couple that I had around here were almost always happy to start with a 70/MS box and work down from there, it was only when a couple of other local players got onto them that they became much harder work.

In simple terms, if you get a board within £9 of credits, you WILL get £35 back for a maximum of £35 in.

I guess if you keep cycling round to a 35 box, even without getting the finish, it'll stop boarding eventually, as £35 in for £35 out is 100% payout so the machine will need to catch it up in the end.

My stats for the two around here (they lasted for months) was a single loss when it didn't board within £9 of credits, I carried on just to see how it would play out, and it went as outlined above so lost about a tenner. Other than that it was always profit, or money back if they went straight to a 35 box with no finish. (Towards the end of their tenure there were a couple of other players scrabbling over them with me, so profits were slimmer for the last few weeks, but whilst I had them to myself they were stupidly profitable, especially over TT when the pubs were packed and the machines were getting played constantly.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users