Alarm 52-36 Barcrest Cash Attack Empty hopper

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nickodgers

nickodgers

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

I have the 52-36 alarm, no id chip, no characteriser error. I want to sell it, or get rid of it. How do I empty hopper if machine is faulty. Is it possible to remove it physically and empty it of £1 coins. Shame as been upgraded  to new £1 coins.

#2 nickodgers

nickodgers

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

I have found a video on you tube so all sorted. Have put on ebay.

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

What was the solution you used? It might be helpful to others with the same problem.

#4 nickodgers

nickodgers

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

It is easy enough to physically remove the hopper and empty it out. Disconnect the cable and pull it forward.

#5 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

It is easy enough to physically remove the hopper and empty it out. Disconnect the cable and pull it forward.

Ah right sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant that you'd managed to fix the issue with the machine.

#6 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Battery leaked on prog card?

Card loose or fallen out?

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

Sometimes get false hopper levels in MPU5 but easy enough to sort..... get machine in to test mode, select coin out, Press / hold flashing button on the left (On mine, cancel and collect flashes, so I use collect in this case..... Cancel will spit out coins in batches of 20), machine will then start to empty out whatever it has in the hopper..... once empty, it will auto update with the level it has just spat out, so if you want to totally zero what is in the hopper, do the dump test a second time to record zero in the hopper.

This I have done before on my Red Gaming (MPU5) Show Us The Mummy, and may also work for other techs too.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 16 February 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#8 nickodgers

nickodgers

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

I took it off e-bay because today I took prog card out and reinserted it and it is working ok now. The battery looks ok no signs of leaks. Is it worth getting another mpu5 board if it happens again?

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

I took it off e-bay because today I took prog card out and reinserted it and it is working ok now. The battery looks ok no signs of leaks. Is it worth getting another mpu5 board if it happens again?

Yes it's well worth having a spare.

#10 Scotty298

Scotty298

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:52 PM

Im still having issues with mine. It wont let me get into test mode. I have changed the PSU,MPU, Programme card, pic. And still nothing. Any suggestions

#11 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:46 PM

Im still having issues with mine. It wont let me get into test mode. I have changed the PSU,MPU, Programme card, pic. And still nothing. Any suggestions

Two test swiches (one normally behind reel shelf), one on MPU. Have you tried both?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users