Photo
- - - - -

re layout fixes for mmfe 5.1

Best Answer evo1, 16 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

I am greatful for your knowledge on how to fix some of these fruits,just started going though the topic,i myself like the older machines and when you load some up and alarms etc start going off and you think wtf they was working before and having no knowledge or very little its great like yourself and others on here take time out to do the small things in life and giving people info on how to fix these.

I have had read and got to understand about going into edit mode etc etc and fixing things to which am i very greatful and i think alot of others are to but dont say thanks,you only have to look when someone makes a layout spends all that time getting it just right, gets 100 plus downloads and about 10 people saying thank you!!!!!!!! doesnt cost anything to say thank you!

Ps Thank you

Dave

Sorry was reply to

Wearecity

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

would it be easyier to up the fixed layouts to the correct download section with a general note saying updated for mmfe 5.1 as i have got a couple here but theres no point in adding them in threads

what does everybody else think unless a download section can be made in the mmfe 5 section called rerelases and updates for mmfe 5

#2 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

There is a layout diy fixes thread on here somewhere If that helps.

Edited by richy1976, 14 February 2017 - 07:10 PM.

#3 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

It wasn't made a sticky tho so probably hard to find

#4 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

The only people who should probably re-upload them are those who produce the layout in the first place.

I have uploaded several layouts mainly over Dad's where I made alterations to them for v5, but during my clean up of the game manager, have renamed them, removing authors details etc.... After recent discussions about removal of such things (and I mean no offence, the discussion is done and dusted), but some people not liking such things, I won't be uploading any more fixes myself, but will still look at posting how users can fix them themselves.

Perhaps, a forum thread, entitled something like, "Updated MFME Layouts" and the author then posts in the thread, I have updated, (insert layout) for v5 or whatever later version and also puts the link to the updated layout.

However unless I'm wrong, is there a need for updated layouts to be in a separate section, or isn't it possible to it just be version 1.1 or whatever, even if the layout is years old. Can someone who uploaded a layout years ago, not just go to the original download page (not the original forum thread) and change the upload?

Edited by wearecity, 15 February 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#5 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

What about those that have left the scene surely as long as they are credited they can be shared?

#6 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Overall, just how many people, are actually that bothered with older layouts working, a handful at most. Although not stickied the DIY fixes thread, was a constant new post thread for weeks and yet very few people seemed interested. I'm sure if someone really wants a machine fixed, they can post up the problem and someone will post how to, if possible.

When going through the Scorpion 4 layouts, I thought, bloody hell, how many layouts need altering to work in v5, this is going to be a very long job. 

Having now loaded and initialised over 950 machines, in v5 and v5.1, it really isn't a huge issue as I first thought, it was going to be. Most issues don't need a complete re-upload, they just need simple easy instructions on how to correct them, in most cases it's less than a 10 second fix applied, once the layout is loaded up.

The next update, will hopefully fix the Union Games, MPU machines, but again, they should only need easy to do, minor fixes, if any fix needed at all. Also hopefully fixes for a couple of random machines, that simply refuse to work properly such as Tetris (Scorpion 4) and Emmerdale (spACE).

The main updates needed, are working disc reels and multi coloured lamping applied to MPU layouts. These are the biggest alterations IMO, that need doing. If I had the skills to do them, I would have by now, but I've tried and just not got anywhere when trying to get disc reels in particular working.

Other than that, layouts, need cosmetic changes, such as removing now unnecessary masks over segment displays and machine alphas updating and altering, both of which again are easy optional fixes and I and others, have posted up how to do this already, for anyone, who is actually bothered.

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

I'm bothered lol, maybe it's about time some of the older layouts had a v5 make over there's loads out there that could do with a spurce up some of mine included bring them to the big screen now that we can lol.
This is where the new creators I've seen (jolterzon and westy plus a few others)could have a dabble into the dx side of emulation I'm hoping to redo (again) action Note in the near future, as said there's plenty of oldie 1024's that can be remade into 1920's now we've the resize tools!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#8 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

I am greatful for your knowledge on how to fix some of these fruits,just started going though the topic,i myself like the older machines and when you load some up and alarms etc start going off and you think wtf they was working before and having no knowledge or very little its great like yourself and others on here take time out to do the small things in life and giving people info on how to fix these.

I have had read and got to understand about going into edit mode etc etc and fixing things to which am i very greatful and i think alot of others are to but dont say thanks,you only have to look when someone makes a layout spends all that time getting it just right, gets 100 plus downloads and about 10 people saying thank you!!!!!!!! doesnt cost anything to say thank you!

Ps Thank you

Dave

#9 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

I'm bothered lol, maybe it's about time some of the older layouts had a v5 make over there's loads out there that could do with a spurce up some of mine included bring them to the big screen now that we can lol.
This is where the new creators I've seen (jolterzon and westy plus a few others)could have a dabble into the dx side of emulation I'm hoping to redo (again) action Note in the near future, as said there's plenty of oldie 1024's that can be remade into 1920's now we've the resize tools!

Yes was hoping at some point older layouts would start getting updated was waiting for the hype of people to get new machines out to die down a little

#10 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:40 PM   Best Answer

Ps Thank you

Dave

Sorry was reply to

Wearecity

#11 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

Now pinned that thread:

http://www.fruit-emu...yout-diy-fixes/

#12 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Ps Thank you

Dave

No problem, I'm not too worried about how many people are that bothered, I'll help where I can even if it's just on an individual basis. I just question the need to have new sections and numerous re-uploaded layouts, every time a minor fix or alteration is made. Anyone can perform the sort of fixes in the DIY layouts thread and in most cases, it's just as quick to do the fix, then redownload a new version and delete the old version.

Thanks, hopefully someone even years down the line, will find it useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users