• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

This maybe a no but I just seen a few machines that you can play and Ive seen elenimnter and a couple of others now £100 that were £70 is there a way to change it your self on the settings I don't mean the new ones

#2 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

No

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#3 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

Ain't they just the same crap machine with a higher jackpot anyway 😂
Posted Image

#4 bluewho

bluewho

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Ain't they just the same crap machine with a higher jackpot anyway

Not quite. Most had gameplay changes. A simple example £70 cashpots were always a paid for win some like to call these a free win but they were paid for. The same machine on £100 the cashpot could act* the same as a static cashpot and as such the machine acts in accordance to the win. i.e. for the most part that static cashpot would be taking into account the same way as an equivalent win from the machines winplan. A club machine with a static cashpot of £250 is just the same as the £250 jackpot again for the most part.

*could act; Sometimes the cashpot acted like a completely paid for win. Knowing the machine helped determine which was which at the point of it being obtained.

There's many other examples but that's one that sticks out in my head right now.

DOND gets a hard hit for being clone after clone but once you get your head around them very few are clones. Yes they all have similar elements, but haven't machines carried similar elements to one another since the dawn of time?

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

what?

#6 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Thanks guys cheers

#7 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

what?

lol. my thoughts exactly. :)

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#8 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

I think he means, as explained by others on DOND release threads, the cashpot on a £70 machine, can be a free win, the machine doesn't count it as you winning the jackpot. Whereas on a £100 jackpot, the machine treats it as you've won the jackpot. On a £250 clubber, the machine always, treats it as you've won the jackpot.

The rest, is basically, just because all DOND machines, pretty much have the same DOND feature, most machines have something that is unique to them as well.

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

This maybe a no but I just seen a few machines that you can play and Ive seen elenimnter and a couple of others now £100 that were £70 is there a way to change it your self on the settings I don't mean the new ones

As Wizzy say, its a no but a fair question. That said, we do have hundreds of layouts to play with now. I would like to play a £100 but im also grateful for what we received - and indeed the updates to follow :)

#10 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

The decision was taken to exclude £100 JPs due to the fact the machines are still current or were released within the last 3 years.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

The decision was taken to exclude £100 JPs due to the fact the machines are still current or were released within the last 3 years.

Absolutely tip top respect that decision. Rather have a flood of new machines than none at all.

#12 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

If anything the £70 variations are much better than the £100 upgrades. For a start most of the good bits were ironed out of £70s and didn't really carry across to £100s.

Some games became better on £100 though.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#13 bluewho

bluewho

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

If anything the £70 variations are much better than the £100 upgrades. For a start most of the good bits were ironed out of £70s and didn't really carry across to £100s.

Some games became better on £100 though.

Some of the better £70s were left without an upgrade, MEGA DOND, Play it Again and Bankers Bonus for example, but in my opinion almost all machines that received the upgrade to £100 play infinitely better than their £70 counterpart with the exception of maybe Perfect Deal. Even talking just general play that added £30 with no difference in cost to play, plus a lot also received the variable stake % boost resulted in a massive difference. Having said that, with the £100s not currently playable in an emulator it is hard to debate either way here other than to go on personal experience.

#14 bluewho

bluewho

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

This was a discussion that I saw pop up elsewhere, plenty of pro's & cons to both sides of the argument, but ultimately I felt it was just some "professional gamblers" worried about there own interests. The fear of somebody in the emulation scene playing a specific machine they targeted and discovering how best that machine could be played, thus creating another player in the pool. A lot of these players seem to forget that most of what they know, they know threw word of mouth. It's impossible to catch onto every machines rips/methods/empties and use that in a beneficial way solely by yourself. Collectively the guys within the emulation scene could in theory catch onto everything that's deemed good by a player, but  would that be a bad thing? 99% of machines that a professional targeted are either scarce on the ground or consigned to the halls of history. Yes £100s are playable up and down the country but would being able to play them via an emulation really be a bad thing? As far as I can see the only people it would generally effect would be those within the industry itself, manufacturers, suppliers etc and surely hurting their pockets wouldn't be a bad thing?

#15 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

I don't think it's a bad thing playing upgraded £100 from £70 but then again a few £5 jps have been made and to play here and no doubt a trip to the seaside arcade they will be in there so what's the difference yes no to £100 but I dunno why the 70 to a 100 is a problem if that's the way it is I expect that and that's whats been agreed I won't fall out. So I was in Leeds last weekend in sam smiths pub and they had crazy chair £70 even though you can play that on here some pubs don't wanna pay for the £100

#16 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:28 AM

I will be honest I think you guys are missing the point here the fact is Wizard has made that decision and we should all respect that

We have 1000s of new machines to work on and add to the FME collection yet we always still want more more more

I think he has made the right decision to be honest and I think rather than worrying about what we don't have we should be enjoying the machines we can bring to life using MFME5.1

Bruce

#17 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:29 AM

I will be honest I think you guys are missing the point here the fact is Wizard has made that decision and we should all respect that

We have 1000s of new machines to work on and add to the FME collection yet we always still want more more more

I think he has made the right decision to be honest and I think rather than worrying about what we don't have we should be enjoying the machines we can bring to life using MFME5.1

Bruce

Spot on Bruce.

I also think going back to a previous topic(on copyright etc) that the emulation sites would probably have a law suit in there hands,dabbling with current tech eg the current £100 slots.

I am but assuming-that said im sure the likes of Bell Fruit would see the £100 emulations as more than a treading on there toes :err:  :err:  :nah:

!!!And before people miss-read my post -there are no emulations of £100 slots :realmad: !!!!!

I echo your points over Wizard too-We should more than respect his wishes.

Jay

#18 unclechicken

unclechicken

Professional Slacker

• Regulars
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:13 AM

There should be an unwritten rule about how old in years a machine has to be for it to be emulated. Say 5 years or so.

Like the MAME emulator games.

Edited by unclechicken, 04 February 2017 - 04:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users