• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:39 AM

Hi Folks

I haven't been on these forums for years, but some of the old timers might remember me.

I was a programmer at Mazooma and latterly Global Games before heading off on my own, and doing various things. Still very much in the industry but in the online side now.

I coded pretty much every foreign AWP game they did. Since all these machines are long outlawed and probably rusting in a shed somewhere in eastern Europe, would anyone like to have a go at making an emulation of some?

I found the ROMs and original source code on a CD whilst cleaning out my house recently, and can probably get a decent scan of the original artwork.

Also, for reference, I am working (very slowly!!) on writing a book about my time in the industry, stories about some of the characters, the games, how they're developed, how compensation/control of the games work. Hopefully accessible and understandable to everyone who's ever played a fruit machine, and full of funny stories. It's titled "Give It A Spin: Tales from the UK fruit machine industry 1996 - 2010". Will probably self-publish but it's only half finished.

Cheers

Ed

#2 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

I'm sure someone would be interested in these resources - there are definitely one or two Dutch and Eastern European members on this site and over at the Mecca who would enjoy playing those games again and maybe even doing the layouts, as they will probably remember the games.  I think I've got one or two Maygay flyers for foreign games on Epoch that I picked up at the ATEi many years back.  I'll have to dig them out at some point.

Your book sounds interesting too, and I will look forward to reading it :)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#3 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

OK. They're Hungarian games, quite unique shall we say but still quite AWP style. 

Dutch games - I did a couple at Mazooma - total nightmare. How anyone enjoyed playing those is beyond me, but that's what the regulations of the day did to gaming.

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Sure anything you have to share would be useful and appreciated Ed.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users