• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#521 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

Cant find Mystery spin now sure it had another name and Ploggy did the layout-or I am going completely loop the loop!!!

Tried also to play Fortune Numbers on the new emu and said does not support the dat file-now am completely in the fog outside my house :err:  :err:  :err:

Jay

#522 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Use v5.1 to convert the layout into fml format by resaving it. After all it does prompt you to for a reason :cute:

Does anyone actually read the Release thread or change list?

Edited by Wizard, 11 January 2018 - 09:18 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#523 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

open fortune numbers with MFME v5.1 and exit and save when prompted.....it will now run on MFME V6. :)

edit...beaten to it above... :)

Edited by shaun2097, 11 January 2018 - 09:16 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#524 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

Use v5.1 to convert the layout into fml format.

Shaun2097 does  :jimlad:

#525 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Use v5.1 to convert the layout into fml format by resaving it.

I try to read what I can.

The last few weeks been a tad trying though as my father in law has had three strokes.

I also look after my partner full time with multiple issues.

I aint after sympathy nor should I have to explain.

As we all have trying difficult daily life's.

Just some things are set to test us more that others.

Jay

Use v5.1 to convert the layout into fml format by resaving it.

#526 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

I try to read what I can.

The last few weeks been a tad trying though as my father in law has had three strokes.

I also look after my partner full time with multiple issues.

I aint after sympathy nor should I have to explain.

As we all have trying difficult daily life's.

Just some things are set to test us more that others.

Jay

no worries, you weren't  the first to ask.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#527 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

I fluffed up the Golden Steppa layout I attached slightly.  Unfortunately, I can't edit the original post with a new layout! :(

I put the 'Token Slide' in the wrong bit on the 'Triac Effects' side.  It should go in the third box, and not the top box.  The problem with this machine is it takes an age to get a token win, so I stupidly assumed I had to set the token triac to the first box instead of the third.  Sorry about that.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#528 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

is this correct now??

Attached Files

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#529 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Not quite, mate.  There are still a few things that need doing on the layout above.  You can't just change the settings in the meter/triac window.  They need setting up first.  You'd better off using the layout I attached, first, but with the corrected triac setting that I posted above.  Or better still, use this. :)

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#530 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

Another Jpemu conversion.

Club Big Money by Crystal Leisure on Impact tech. 30p £250.

There has never been a layout classic or DX for MFME, going by no entry in the downloads here.

I'm not sure who did the original, but all the credit to them for the layout.

Attached File  ClubBigMoneywdx.zip   5.5MB   39 downloads

Edited by wearecity, 18 February 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#531 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

Lights, Camera, Action by RB on M1a/b tech.

On 10p £5, but still seems to play a good game. So many tiny writing decals, I don't think we could ever hope to see a 100% clear DX, but the alpha and magnify helps.

Anyway, updated Alpha, corrected band offset, cleared £1 hopper empty problem, coin mech set up to insert £1 instead of 10p. Added meter effects.

#532 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Lights, Camera, Action by RB on M1a/b tech.

On 10p £5, but still seems to play a good game. So many tiny writing decals, I don't think we could ever hope to see a 100% clear DX, but the alpha and magnify helps.

Anyway, updated Alpha, corrected band offset, cleared £1 hopper empty problem, coin mech set up to insert £1 instead of 10p. Added meter effects.

Hmm, ok, attached this time. Hopefully.Attached File  lca11-4n.zip   5.04MB   21 downloads

Edited by wearecity, 21 February 2018 - 03:26 PM.

#533 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Club Big Money by Crystal Leisure on Impact tech. 30p £250.

There has never been a layout classic or DX for MFME, going by no entry in the downloads here.

I'm not sure who did the original, but all the credit to them for the layout.

attachicon.gifClubBigMoneywdx.zip

hope you don't mind but i've taken this layout and added a few tweaks here and there

reel windows filled and overlaid

increased reel symbol sizes/ shrunk hi lo reel width

filled alpha display as with reels

re-coloured all seven segs and resized

added a 20p coin input as this machine pays out in 20p/£1's

changed % to 88%

refilled hoppers £1=£350 / 20p = £30

highered volume 

tried maxing the cashpots but wouldn't have it within test mode

darkened down the off image 

and brightened the lamps in the on image by adding more brightness and contrast compared to the off

thanks again to the original creators troutman and bugs bunny

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 21 February 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#534 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

No not all, several improvements to the original and converted.

#535 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Your Lucky Knight 1280 DX by Pook, on Impact Attached File  Your Lucky Knight.zip   13.08MB   22 downloads

We only had a 1024 DX for MFME for this, so was keen to convert a 1280, really high quality Pook dx. This proved to be easier said than done.

Warning, waffle follows below...but hopefully useful info for those looking to convert.

Normal way of converting is to use FMECONV 3.0 and then load in bits and pieces via MFME v5.1 and then save, so it opens in v6.0, not with this bugger though.

Trying to load the converted .dat file into every MFME version from v1.1 to v5.1 gave an invalid layout error or a violation error.

Only way I could convert it in the end was to use FMECONV 2.0, which converts it into a .res not .dat file and then use the 15 year old MFME v1.1 emulator, which is the last emulator to allow loading of .res files. But as v1.1 doesn't support Impact, I couldn't use v.1.1 to do anymore than to save it into .dat format. After that, the .dat file was openable in v5.1, the layout was set up and saved in v.5.1 and it now opens in v6.0.

Phew...

Edited by wearecity, 23 February 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#536 eyleyro

eyleyro

fur face

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

Hi all,

Fantastic work in this thread by all of you, my personal thanks for all the fixes and tips so far, appreciate we all have busy lives.  It took quite some time to trawl through and apply them, but that’ll teach me for going awol from the scene for a couple of years J

Having worked through them to the best of my ability, I am left with 152 layouts with issues (caveat - where a fix for a particular tech has been discovered, I don’t necessarily know all the layouts that applies to, so may have missed some) list attached – though not in anticipation of anything I hasten to add, more that it might be useful to sign-post people to layouts that have issues that may have not been looked at yet.

65 of those are misaligned reels.   I’ve seen the offset fix for these in this thread, but I can’t get it to work consistently.  Sometimes when I adjust the offset, the reels just drift again.  I have seen the ‘set opto to 1’ but that doesn’t always help.  Is there any more explanation on what the opto checkbox does, when it’s needed, and why the reels drift sometimes even after setting correctly?  I’d like to be self-sufficient if I can and fix these myself, sharing the values here afterwards if helpful.

Is there a list of non-runners anywhere, ie things that we know won’t work no matter how much tinkering, ie pending MFME6.1?  Is there an ETA for the next update by anychance?

I also have a material number of layouts without a manufacture listed against them (many more than are in the attached, they're just the non-runners), is there a searchable database anywhere by any chance?  If I can’t find photos on the forum, notes in the layouts or logos on the layout, I’m pretty stuck, google only ever seems to throw up modern video machines.

For those machines with no sound roms that won’t even boot, is that a definite show-stopper (barring supplanting with alternative sound roms of course)?

Is there an elegant way of deleting the dats for those layouts successfully converted to, and running in, v6?

Lastly, If anyone has the old AT Empire layouts – I’ve discovered one of mine is corrupt – please pm me if willing to help, the only replacement available is nasty.

Thanks in advance, like I said, not expecting my rear wiped here, just some tips on the reel offsets and any low-hanging fruit pointers that make a dent in my list and doesn’t take anyone else a chunk of time to offer.

So pleased to see this scene buzzing again!

Attached Files

Edited by eyleyro, 23 February 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#537 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Your Lucky Knight 1280 DX by Pook, on Impact attachicon.gifYour Lucky Knight.zip

We only had a 1024 DX for MFME for this, so was keen to convert a 1280, really high quality Pook dx. This proved to be easier said than done.

Warning, waffle follows below...but hopefully useful info for those looking to convert.

Normal way of converting is to use FMECONV 3.0 and then load in bits and pieces via MFME v5.1 and then save, so it opens in v6.0, not with this bugger though.

Trying to load the converted .dat file into every MFME version from v1.1 to v5.1 gave an invalid layout error or a violation error.

Only way I could convert it in the end was to use FMECONV 2.0, which converts it into a .res not .dat file and then use the 15 year old MFME v1.1 emulator, which is the last emulator to allow loading of .res files. But as v1.1 doesn't support Impact, I couldn't use v.1.1 to do anymore than to save it into .dat format. After that, the .dat file was openable in v5.1, the layout was set up and saved in v.5.1 and it now opens in v6.0.

Phew...

Sorry forget to apply the transparency. To get rid of the black boxes around lamps, do the following. Click, design, edit, then click design again, then lamp/mask export, then apply on the right hand side, under the column set to graphic.

#538 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Hi all,

Fantastic work in this thread by all of you, my personal thanks for all the fixes and tips so far, appreciate we all have busy lives.  It took quite some time to trawl through and apply them, but that’ll teach me for going awol from the scene for a couple of years J

Having worked through them to the best of my ability, I am left with 152 layouts with issues (caveat - where a fix for a particular tech has been discovered, I don’t necessarily know all the layouts that applies to, so may have missed some) list attached – though not in anticipation of anything I hasten to add, more that it might be useful to sign-post people to layouts that have issues that may have not been looked at yet.

65 of those are misaligned reels.   I’ve seen the offset fix for these in this thread, but I can’t get it to work consistently.  Sometimes when I adjust the offset, the reels just drift again.  I have seen the ‘set opto to 1’ but that doesn’t always help.  Is there any more explanation on what the opto checkbox does, when it’s needed, and why the reels drift sometimes even after setting correctly?  I’d like to be self-sufficient if I can and fix these myself, sharing the values here afterwards if helpful.

Is there a list of non-runners anywhere, ie things that we know won’t work no matter how much tinkering, ie pending MFME6.1?  Is there an ETA for the next update by anychance?

I also have a material number of layouts without a manufacture listed against them (many more than are in the attached, they're just the non-runners), is there a searchable database anywhere by any chance?  If I can’t find photos on the forum, notes in the layouts or logos on the layout, I’m pretty stuck, google only ever seems to throw up modern video machines.

For those machines with no sound roms that won’t even boot, is that a definite show-stopper (barring supplanting with alternative sound roms of course)?

Is there an elegant way of deleting the dats for those layouts successfully converted to, and running in, v6?

Lastly, If anyone has the old AT Empire layouts – I’ve discovered one of mine is corrupt – please pm me if willing to help, the only replacement available is nasty.

Thanks in advance, like I said, not expecting my rear wiped here, just some tips on the reel offsets and any low-hanging fruit pointers that make a dent in my list and doesn’t take anyone else a chunk of time to offer.

So pleased to see this scene buzzing again!

I'll have a look through your list later, it could be layouts that contributors, don't have, haven't looked at or a different version of a layout. Myself, I generally only have DX's, so most classics I don't have.

#539 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

I see there’s a few of my layouts in there. Take two should work ok the updated version does. As for the others I’ll check em laters if they’re ok on my set up I’ll upload em to here

#540 eyleyro

eyleyro

fur face

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

I see there’s a few of my layouts in there. Take two should work ok the updated version does. As for the others I’ll check em laters if they’re ok on my set up I’ll upload em to here

That would be great bud, you and Pook are definitely the 2 go-to layout creators imho.

On a side note, Pook has intimated that if someone furnishes him with a classic of BFM's Club Pick of the Pack, he would consider resurrecting his shelved DX WIP.  Is there a particular 'How to create a classic layout' in MFME anyone would recommend?  This task might well be above my station, but happy to give it a shot, technical expertise is low, but time on my hands is high at the moment, monkeys and typewriters etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users