#21 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

tried adding notey to club gold digger it works but only gives change also shows trace alarm error 92 still on start up

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#22 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

I don't know if you know this already but checking diag -> datapak gives you useful info about service/door switch status on startup. Also tells you if the ROMs are protocol or not, % etc

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#23 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

tried adding notey to club gold digger it works but only gives change also shows trace alarm error 92 still on start up

Early machines did only give change, so adding the notey is not really that useful tbh

As for trace alarm, I have no idea what that is or means, player did promise to explain once but never has lol

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#24 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

I don't know if you know this already but checking diag -> datapak gives you useful info about service/door switch status on startup. Also tells you if the ROMs are protocol or not, % etc

More useful info thanks.

Just going through Vecs advice for setting up MPU5 meters, glad to say, it's been straightforward and I haven't had any trouble getting them working.

Anyone doing this, be aware, unless I'm doing it wrong, machines probably unsurprisingly seem to work in different ways.

Some immediately after changing the meters in the config, start tallying up all in and out coins, some only start tallying after a save and reload and some just remain at 0 in 0 out and appear not to have recorded any coins pre the meters being set up correctly. Those ones, still work, but not until you start inserting coins.

#25 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

I thought dads spiker biker was broke when i set the meters yesterday and it was clocking up over 500 in plays on the meters :D
Hold the bells mate.

#26 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Yes even though the meters weren't clocking up, it still stored the info in the RAM, so now the meters are working it's trying to catch up :)

#27 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

More useful info thanks.

Just going through Vecs advice for setting up MPU5 meters, glad to say, it's been straightforward and I haven't had any trouble getting them working.

Anyone doing this, be aware, unless I'm doing it wrong, machines probably unsurprisingly seem to work in different ways.

Some immediately after changing the meters in the config, start tallying up all in and out coins, some only start tallying after a save and reload and some just remain at 0 in 0 out and appear not to have recorded any coins pre the meters being set up correctly. Those ones, still work, but not until you start inserting coins.

i cleared the ram on them ones saves it counting up again lol

#28 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Something a bit different

Fruits N Suits DX by Guitar and Golden Oldie DX- the coin mech are binary, so, go design, edit mode, right click on coin mech, properties and change the coin/note from bit0 1 to £1 binary in the drop down list. Click apply,  close box and obviously save changes, when exiting the layout

#29 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

Caribbean Cash - I had no hoppers set up on this one, hopper 1 should be unchecked, hopper 2 checked. Also checkbox 32 needs adding to get rid of refill message on start up. I'll post this only once, here's how to add it.... open layout, go to design. edit mode, right click on the layout, go to buttons, select checkbox, right click on the little box that appears, choose properties, enter number 32 where it says 0 (it says 0 twice on that screen), then put a tick in the box on the right side that has 32 now besides it and click apply.

Come out of edit mode, reload the layout, it says save changes, say yes and you're done.

Cash N Burn - £5, 10p, I had 2 versions of this, one was correct, the other had no hoppers set, hopper 1 unchecked, hopper 2 checked, if you have the dodgy version lol.

Cashanova - £5, 30p!!!, this has sec meters, sec should be set to yes and in meter set to sec 2-10 and out sec 3-10

EasyStreak - No meters were set, this has sec meters, in meter set to sec 2-1 and out meter sec 3-1

Goldenballs - Just needs checkbox 32 adding, to clear refill message.

Golden WInner - This was in door open mode and had meter errors. Switches that work service 6 cash 8. Other settings hopper 1 check, hopper 2 unchecked, meters that work, in meter 1-1 and meter 2-1 and out meter 3-1, secs should be set to no.

#30 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

golden winner still open door  with those settings above

#31 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Perhaps we are talking different layouts.

Try mine.  :)

Attached Files

#32 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

same one strange how yours works one thing there's no coin inputs i mean the "0" works but no coin in the config part that needs to be set to bit 01

Edited by vectra666, 06 January 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#33 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:00 AM

same one strange how yours works one thing there's no coin inputs i mean the "0" works but no coin in the config part that needs to be set to bit 01

Yes, but then these strange things, seem to happen with some machines. For instances, I've changed coin mech configs and then they haven't saved before. I have some S4's where errors are the same, but same settings don't work and I've run out of ideas with some. A bit like the £15 Tetris machine.

Once, I've been through all of the S4 machines, if no one else has posted solution to them, I'll post a list of what I can't get working and see if anyone else can get them going.

#34 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

Golden balls added check box still refill.
could you post your copy.
Thanks.

#35 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Make sure the machine is actually refilled also

#36 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

That's because there is a hidden button for coin! Creator just being lazy, I mean there is a tool to remove offscreen components, only takes a second!

Edited by Wizard, 07 January 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#37 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

That's because there is a hidden button for coin! Creator just being lazy, I mean there is a tool to remove offscreen components, only takes a second!

I'm seem to remember there was problems with the unofficial emulators saving some changes such as this, on several layouts.

I noticed that some of the coin mechs only seem to save changes once the meters, hoppers and switches are set correctly.

I'm guessing the unofficial emus had work arounds, because they didn't have the ability to check everything was totally correct and certain options weren't available. But v5 now means machines need to be set up correctly or they will error or not function 100% correctly.

#38 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

how do get shark raving mad working 

#39 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

how do get shark raving mad working 

If no one has posted I'll take a look when I get home later.

Great machine that.

#40 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

If no one has posted I'll take a look when I get home later.

Great machine that.

thanks you can see the whole machine on mfme 5.1 it was set in 1280

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users