Photo
- - - - -

Google Chrome lock ups.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

Anyone else experiencing frequent lock ups with Chrome, I seem to remember it doing this last year as well at some point. Lasted for a few weeks, then an update to chrome and/or shockwave finally stopped it.

Basically it looks like the shockwave plugin keeps failing. Had the FME sites lock up, as well as videos freeze with sound still playing on youtube videos and just generally receiving kill or wait messages from chrome after the page has frozen for sometime.

Last time, I had to revert to Edge or I.E.

I don't wish to switch to Firefox or Opera or anything else, just making sure it's not just me though.

Edited by wearecity, 12 December 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#2 bullionbars2011

bullionbars2011

• Regulars
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

I use chromium it's quicker and less bugs

#3 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

Disable flash whenever possible, a lot of websites have moved on from flash & use HTML 5 whereas ads still use flash so can be a real drain to system resources.

#4 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

I am having exactly this problem.If I try and surf whilst watching something in freezes and then shuts down.My wife is blaming the emulator lol .Chrome is very unstable at the moment.

#5 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

If you are starting to get frequent ones (I have had this problem before) but I used https://toolslib.net...d/1-adwcleaner/ to check if anything is causing this problem and it found 50+ things that I didn't know I had and was glad this found them and never had a problem since.

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#6 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

Use AdBlock Plus... on Mac and PC it is great at stopping ad-related Flash player plug-ins from starting.

Google Chrome is working fine on my iMac, MacBook Pro and PC with AdBlock Plus on it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users