{Scorpion 5}DOND Live DX

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

OK, Ill look to fix this issue. To be honest I didn't know it used red reels as there was nothing in the lamp test for them. Assuming now it uses a different test for red lamps as they may be LEDs. And ive never created a layout with red reels before so all a learning curve for me. Will get it fixed as soon as I can. Thanks for bringing it up

Pm'd.

#22 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

Amazing quality DX this, not quite sure the red reels are correct, maybe the red mask needs a slight adjustment in overall colour, but that aside this is an amazing DX.

I love the reel quality, perfect.

The alpha is also one of the sharpest I have seen.

Lamping work is brilliant.

Thanks mate.

#23 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

I do agree in the red lamping and I am going to work on the red masking. They look a little too intense. But initially I forgot to add the red reels, so I've added them to stop people being disappointed when they download. Once I refine the red lamping, I will reupload. Many thanks for your feedback

#24 bullionbars2011

bullionbars2011

• Regulars
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

the layout is perfection you said if they was any faults dont be scared to tell me ;)

#25 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

Thanks. I feel an idiot for missing the red reels though. I'm also going to change the red reels I've used as they are far too dark.

#26 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:36 PM

^ don't worry, it's all a learning process, the quality of DX's you are pumping out is really great.

#27 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

Right. Let me start by apologising for the mistakes I have made before releasing this layout.

As I tried to fix the red lamps I managed to break the 7-segs by selecting "LED board" in the config. Didn't release this stopped the 7-segs working so ended up releasing another broken layout!

Then I uploaded a new version with red reel adjustment, still failing to notice the 7-segs not working..

Anyway, I've uploaded yet ANOTHER version to the download section which hopefully is a fully working version with red lamps that aren't over saturated!

Please will everyone re-download the lastest version, and if you could let me know if you prefer the red lamps or not, that would be great to know

Many thanks for everyone's patience

#28 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

No probs was just about to post about the LED setting, just had the DX in test mode and got it working changing to Normal or Reflex.

Cheers for the updated layout, will give it a try :D

#29 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Great to see you updating the DX,it really is a great looker.

As for the machine well to me it's overally complicated and I hate the auto collect wins part. Far too many 50p or £1 wins, bells being wild as well, so it make for a frustrating stop start experience.

I don't see the point in having features on the shots either, something like reel blasts would have been better.

Perhaps it'll grow on me, but of course the quality of the DX will ensure I'll be playing some more.

#30 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

Much prefer the red led reels now mate, much better.

#31 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the update :)

Here's the reel symbols all ready to go in if anyone wants them.

Attached File  Live Reels.zip   73.96KB   13 downloads

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#32 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

Pure class.

As much as I detest the games,I can't contain myself from giving Noel a good bashing!-And his sidekick Banker!! :err:

Cracking release,many thanks to all involved with the release.

And the machine looks and plays great with the updates No'1 Stoney.

Jay

#33 mpufella

mpufella

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

excellent stuff,... anyone got the mega win stepper yet ??? :)

#34 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

Stoney I have to be honest mate I think you're work is amazing so don't panic about mistakes they will happen that's life the only tip I would give is try to straighten up the machine before you start working on it also sometimes you can make the reels straight this is not always easy to do but it looks much better

I have to thank Ady for that he told me that years ago and I always try to make sure the machine is straight before I start to lamp

But I'm also a strong believer in the fact its your work you do this the way you want too

Bruce

#35 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

Pure class.

Cracking release,many thanks to all involved with the release.

And the machine looks and plays great with the updates No'1 Stoney.

Jay

I really have to echo this, this really has just gone from excellent to absolutely superb catergory.

Brilliant job on the reels and really incredible to think, you have only been at this DX lark for such a short time.

If this doesn't get a great review at DIF, nothing will.

#36 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

Many thanks on such an awesome looking release :)

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

Stoney I have to be honest mate I think you're work is amazing so don't panic about mistakes they will happen that's life the only tip I would give is try to straighten up the machine before you start working on it also sometimes you can make the reels straight this is not always easy to do but it looks much better

I have to thank Ady for that he told me that years ago and I always try to make sure the machine is straight before I start to lamp

But I'm also a strong believer in the fact its your work you do this the way you want too

Bruce

One thing that does annoy me and our old Budd swiftkidd gladly pointed out many times the bellfruit flyer's always have the top part of the machine on the piss , I mean the left-hand side is Ok but the right is well out, in theory the sides should be dead straight.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#38 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

^ perhaps some one at Bellfruit had a cruel streak for us FME guys :)

#39 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

Personally I don't have an issue with the orientation of this DX. I have noticed with some other Bellfruit DX's though that they don't look quite right. For someone like me with a touch of OCD then it's one of those things that once you spot you can't stop seeing.

I have to say again though what a wonderful DX this is, can't wait to see what you do next chap.

#40 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

^ perhaps some one at Bellfruit had a cruel streak for us FME guys :)

Yep like odd buttons two start buttons, incorrectly placed best like crown jewels, bleeding white lines all over the place it's as if they knew they'd be emulated one day lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users