• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

It's obvious it can be done, but was wondering how, and if anyone on here has done it before (on a ROM chip). I could do with a ROM being made as I have a crap version.

Cheers

#2 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

What machine?
Hold the bells mate.

#3 unclechicken

unclechicken

Professional Slacker

• Regulars
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:04 AM

You have to have a rom burner, a rom reader (usually the same thing), the EEPROM chips with glass windows on top of them and the correct version of EEPROM chip to copy over the downloaded ROM from the internet.

And an ultraviolet rom eraser drawer so you can clear the rom before writing to it.

Edited by unclechicken, 29 November 2016 - 04:06 AM.

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:55 AM

I used to do it regular for people but it gets too complicated as to what people want. In the end I asked for people to find the rom version they wanted but half the time they couldn't be bothered.

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:12 AM

You have to have a rom burner, a rom reader (usually the same thing), the EEPROM chips with glass windows on top of them and the correct version of EEPROM chip to copy over the downloaded ROM from the internet.

And an ultraviolet rom eraser drawer so you can clear the rom before writing to it.

Yeah just as TTX did for me.

My Crimewatch buggered up and all we did was use the ROM from the Emulation.....plugged it in and it ran like a dream. :)

#6 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:52 AM

A few things are needed, with the important one being a ROM reader / burner like this (Others are available, but this is what I have..... wished I could afford something like a Stag etc, but this unit is very reasonable for what it cost me).....

http://www.datahardw...llem-gq-4x-v4-0

Also need blank eprom's or you can recycle old ones and run em through a UV Eraser.

Lastly you need the data files (Normally in .bin format) to burn to the rom's (This sometimes can be the difficult bit).

As Martin has stated, I too have had folks who expect or even demand I do all the gophering about, especially when it comes to the data files, often with next to no info what they want, so kind of gets annoying when that happens, so it helps out a massive deal, if the end user has or knows where to locate the needed files (Or at the very least, has a clear idea what they want), and makes our job easier and faster to get you sorted with what you want.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 29 November 2016 - 09:56 AM.

#7 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the replies. It was for Empire Tomb Raiders. I seem to have the club version (even though it's a £5 jackpot machine) I went to a rom site to find that empire released club versions. There's a club vertigo too. Just wanted the normal version really.

#8 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. It was for Empire Tomb Raiders. I seem to have the club version (even though it's a £5 jackpot machine) I went to a rom site to find that empire released club versions. There's a club vertigo too. Just wanted the normal version really.

Bugger, would have to be Empire..... Novamatic (The owners who also own Astra, Bell-Fruit etc), have not long shut the firm down, so unless it's already emulated, may struggle to find the ROM's, although there maybe an outside chance, if a member has access to Bell-Fruit's BBS (I know some that do)..... I'll see what I can dig up, but as it stands, I don't think we will be able to find em.

#9 fishboy

fishboy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

Can the *.BIN file be extracted from the ROM.Hex (assuming thats where the ROMs are stored) file on an emulated machine?

I need another ROM Created as my Peep Show has a bad one. Can't find another source!

Cheers 

Attached File  IMG_2262.JPG   49.52KB   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_3065.JPG   43.96KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7798.JPG   51.99KB   1 downloads

#10 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Can the *.BIN file be extracted from the ROM.Hex (assuming thats where the ROMs are stored) file on an emulated machine?

I need another ROM Created as my Peep Show has a bad one. Can't find another source!

Cheers 

attachicon.gifIMG_2262.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3065.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_7798.JPG

Here is a full working set   p1 p2 p3 p4   hopefully you can get the  correct rom burnt

Attached Files

#11 fishboy

fishboy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

Here is a full working set   p1 p2 p3 p4   hopefully you can get the  correct rom burnt

Wow! Thanks soooo much!!

Now to buy a ROM Writer! 

#12 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

Good luck

#13 fishboy

fishboy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I've bought a job lot (4) of MPU5 Motherboards and Game Cards to have some spare parts to play with. (None were Peep Show) 

Edited by fishboy, 01 December 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#14 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

Fishboy I will contact you in abit mate ok. Just let me know what build of software you got peep 0.5

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#15 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

Bugger, would have to be Empire..... Novamatic (The owners who also own Astra, Bell-Fruit etc), have not long shut the firm down, so unless it's already emulated, may struggle to find the ROM's, although there maybe an outside chance, if a member has access to Bell-Fruit's BBS (I know some that do)..... I'll see what I can dig up, but as it stands, I don't think we will be able to find em.

Thanks... I know an arcade that broke one down, and doesn't know if he kept the game card... was hoping he had.

I have found this file, but I feel it may be incomplete?? 

Attached Files

#16 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

Ive done it for him already peep show

Taylor its missing the sound proms

Edited by impact, 02 December 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#17 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

Ive done it for him already peep show
Taylor its missing the sound proms

FFS

No probs, thanks... although I have the sound proms

Got an image of it. I have P3 and P4 if they are missing...

#18 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Sorry didn't load... here it is

Attached Files

Edited by Taylor525, 02 December 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#19 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

The only problem that you ever have to worry about is. If the programme had a lot more code added. Then It would bleed across into the sound proms. That's why some times you find that. you cant just do proms 1 and 2 and its works because the update say from 0.1 to 0.2 extra code was added which ran into the space of proms 3 and 4. So you would need to do a full set.

As long as they are all 0.2 which will be fine.

Edited by impact, 02 December 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#20 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

In respect to what mark has said. I do all the running about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users