• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

Cheers Sam lad... it looks a cracking release :)

#22 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

It's called giving your opinion chasbons as for layout's I now make em bigger than my screen size take firecracker for instance,
As for this layout I'm grateful someone has put the time and effort into it but for me it plays like it should but it's to unreadable for me. I actually checked a online image of the exact machine and the red/blue lettering is indeed larger than we have here.

Calm down, I said your OLDER layouts!  The newer ones are much better as they are bigger.

Oh and that's exactly what I was doing too, giving my opinion, which going by your reply seems to have touched a nerve, I wasn't rude and stated it wasn't a complaint so keep your toys in your pram ffs.

#23 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:00 PM

i accept all feedback and normally i would take it as it is, some of the feedback i find a bit of a dig, we will never please everyone there will always be an issue with something somehwere, im not digging at anyone, if you dont like what some do dont download it, as the saying goes if you can do better go ahead but 80% of the people downloading here wont give it a go.

I may get shot down with this and that but this is only my opinion!

Played this last night for a bit but unfortunately sorry to say I couldn't carry on with it, whether it's due to my 17" screen or I'm losing my sight, but I couldn't read the blue/red text, well I could if my nose hit my screen and I can only just make out the feature table.
I feel the only way you could play this clearly is to have a 40" TV screen.
Did the artwork really need to be that big as when playing full sized I only get one reel showing lol.
But that's not to say others will find this playable on larger screens.
Thank you anyway.

beleive it or not my pc screen is only 17" but i used the scale to make this layout as larger as possible to cater for all screen sizes, we are in an age of larger screens and a 1024 dosent really cut the mustard anymore

Sometimes, we have to accept, that fonts used on real machines, mean that text on whatever display we use, is difficult or impossible to read.

Just look at the emulated machine, Boulder Dash (MPU4 tech), the font used on the features, is horrible for a layout designer to work with. Viva Rock Vegas (impact), the sort of font used, isn't great either. But that's where the source work really can make a difference.

For Boulder Dash, the source looks to be in the average range. For Viva however, it must have been in the excellent range. The source for Space Raiders, looks to me to be in the good/very good range, but like the others, really needs, to be in the excellent range to make everything crisp and clear.

I have no real trouble on my 43" screen and a DX will always be my choice for 99.9% of the time, but for smaller screens, dare I say it, sometimes a classic layout, suits a machine better.

the source used is the flyer i have in my hand :) and you are right a decent sized screen and most layout will look awesome now :)

You need a bigger screen, it's fine on my 21" one.

That way you could make bigger layouts too.  I know you will say they now all resize etc, which is true, but when I F3 your lappy ones (pre your new lappy that is) although they are bigger they aren't as crisp as layouts which were created at a bigger res.

This isn't a complaint, just an observation, I know if I want to play your older stuff I might have to put up with a bit of fuzziness but I'm prepared for this and it isn't too much to put up with.

I will never understand why people can't just be grateful for what's created, download it and if it's not for you for whatever reason don't play it simples.

making a layout to cater for a small screen is in the past now and you are right about the screen size 17" not really the greatest, as you say if you dont liek it dont download it :)

It's called giving your opinion chasbons as for layout's I now make em bigger than my screen size take firecracker for instance,
As for this layout I'm grateful someone has put the time and effort into it but for me it plays like it should but it's to unreadable for me. I actually checked a online image of the exact machine and the red/blue lettering is indeed larger than we have here.

i tried various fonts to make it larger but i couldnt fit all the words in, i could have made a really large ? but then the rest would be small and make my layout look odd,

Cheers Sam lad... it looks a cracking release :)

thanks Daryl mate :)

#24 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:40 AM

Text looks fine on my 24'' monitor :D
Hold the bells mate.

#25 Jamie

Jamie

Party Hard!!!

• Regulars
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

One of my old favs of the past thanks!

Shame that Barcrest updated the ROM so you could not gamble the mystery. I remember in the wild being able to do so then it stopped. Maybe it could have been manipulated somehow?!?

Regards
Jamie

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users