• PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Barcrest Space Raiders

File Submitter: samson81

File Submitted: 23 Nov 2016

File Category: MPU 5

Yay another DX from myself it's been a while.

Here we have Barcrest's Space Raiders

First of all many thanks to the legend Wizard for MFME V5 and the years of work put into this.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in the group buy of flyer's some time ago which I still have here and have been actively scanning more recently for everyone.

Many thanks to Reg for the classic of this awesome machine who gave me permission to use for this DX

Also thanks to brucegeorge for playtesting and helping me with a small issue and also to Cashbox1 for playtesting too.

I have always loved this machine so jumped at the chance to DX this one, I have made this at a very high res as MFME V5 will scale down no matter how small your screen is so hopefully everyone will get the full glory of the work I have put into this.

All shortcuts as usual,

Samson81

Click here to download this file

#2 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:11 PM

Thank You

#3 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

Thanks.

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

shit i think everyone will need the resize option, cheers

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:34 PM

Thanks very much.

Hold the bells mate.

#6 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

Looks good, thanks man.
poker

#7 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

It was great to see what you did with this layout mate great work and anytime I can help I will

Thanks Again

Bruce

#8 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

cheers Sam :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#9 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:26 PM

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Barcrest Space Raiders

File Submitter: samson81

File Submitted: 23 Nov 2016

File Category: MPU 5

Yay another DX from myself it's been a while.

Here we have Barcrest's Space Raiders

First of all many thanks to the legend Wizard for MFME V5 and the years of work put into this.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in the group buy of flyer's some time ago which I still have here and have been actively scanning more recently for everyone.

Many thanks to Reg for the classic of this awesome machine who gave me permission to use for this DX

Also thanks to brucegeorge for playtesting and helping me with a small issue and also to Cashbox1 for playtesting too.

I have always loved this machine so jumped at the chance to DX this one, I have made this at a very high res as MFME V5 will scale down no matter how small your screen is so hopefully everyone will get the full glory of the work I have put into this.

All shortcuts as usual,

Samson81

Click here to download this file

Cracking release mate.

Real like this slot,one of few that gave you a fair chance in game play.

Many thanks to all involved with the release

Jay

#10 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:13 AM

TY :)

#11 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

thanks for this looks great

:) Hold Yer Plums Or Go For The Melons :)

#12 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

I do like a nice looking DX, amazing to think that this was built on the same software as Peek Show for instance. Look miles apart in tech terms.

The only thing I would recommend people who play in full screen borderless mode is to change the Border Colour (Bordeless Mode) option to black, as the white background just doesn't look nice.

For those who don't know how to do this, go to design, edit mode, right click on a black area of the layout and choose properties. It'll open the background image and then choose click in the box by the border colour mode and change it to black or if you prefer any other colour.

Then click apply. Close the properties box and come out of edit mode, by clicking on design mode and edit mode, then go to reload the layout, save changes.

Edited by wearecity, 24 November 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#13 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

The background colour does default to black on a new layout but I suspect people are still starting with an old .dat format blank layout, you really need to edit those and save as .fml

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

I may get shot down with this and that but this is only my opinion!

Played this last night for a bit but unfortunately sorry to say I couldn't carry on with it, whether it's due to my 17" screen or I'm losing my sight, but I couldn't read the blue/red text, well I could if my nose hit my screen and I can only just make out the feature table.
I feel the only way you could play this clearly is to have a 40" TV screen.
Did the artwork really need to be that big as when playing full sized I only get one reel showing lol.
But that's not to say others will find this playable on larger screens.
Thank you anyway.

#15 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

Played this last night for a bit but unfortunately sorry to say I couldn't carry on with it, whether it's due to my 17" screen or I'm losing my sight, but I couldn't read the blue/red text, well I could if my nose hit my screen and I can only just make out the feature table.
Did the artwork really need to be that big as when playing full sized I only get one reel showing lol.
Thank you anyway.

I do know what you mean Vectra-It is like this with most layouts for me until I can get things back on my pc.

Hopefully an update for xp will be available soon.

Mindst to be fair my eyesight aint what it once was-you edge past 40 and everything starts to go lol :bigeyes19:  :bigeyes19:

Jay

#16 lufc26

lufc26

• Regulars
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for this!

Last bet 11/06/09!!

#17 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Thank you anyway.

Sometimes, we have to accept, that fonts used on real machines, mean that text on whatever display we use, is difficult or impossible to read.

Just look at the emulated machine, Boulder Dash (MPU4 tech), the font used on the features, is horrible for a layout designer to work with. Viva Rock Vegas (impact), the sort of font used, isn't great either. But that's where the source work really can make a difference.

For Boulder Dash, the source looks to be in the average range. For Viva however, it must have been in the excellent range. The source for Space Raiders, looks to me to be in the good/very good range, but like the others, really needs, to be in the excellent range to make everything crisp and clear.

I have no real trouble on my 43" screen and a DX will always be my choice for 99.9% of the time, but for smaller screens, dare I say it, sometimes a classic layout, suits a machine better.

#18 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:53 PM

Many thanks

M

#19 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

Thank you anyway.

You need a bigger screen, it's fine on my 21" one.

That way you could make bigger layouts too.  I know you will say they now all resize etc, which is true, but when I F3 your lappy ones (pre your new lappy that is) although they are bigger they aren't as crisp as layouts which were created at a bigger res.

This isn't a complaint, just an observation, I know if I want to play your older stuff I might have to put up with a bit of fuzziness but I'm prepared for this and it isn't too much to put up with.

I will never understand why people can't just be grateful for what's created, download it and if it's not for you for whatever reason don't play it simples.

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

It's called giving your opinion chasbons as for layout's I now make em bigger than my screen size take firecracker for instance,
As for this layout I'm grateful someone has put the time and effort into it but for me it plays like it should but it's to unreadable for me. I actually checked a online image of the exact machine and the red/blue lettering is indeed larger than we have here.

Attached Files

Edited by vectra666, 24 November 2016 - 02:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users