31 replies to this topic

#1 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Been working on this on and off for a few days,got all the lamps by playing it as the test sequence was a apin with the annoying alarm.Still no reel symbols for this,will probs have to go with the late barcrest mpu 5 reels if i can't source any.

Attached Files

Hold the bells mate.

#2 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Makes me appreciate a nice MPU2 with 16 lamps.

#3 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Looking forward to this Tommy.

#4 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

Been working on this on and off for a few days,got all the lamps by playing it as the test sequence was a apin with the annoying alarm.Still no reel symbols for this,will probs have to go with the late barcrest mpu 5 reels if i can't source any.

Which annoying alarm is that?

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#5 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:26 PM

Theres one on ebay you could get the jackpot simbol off.

Attached Files

#6 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

Which annoying alarm is that?

Hey check it out,when you switch the lamp test to fail so you can step through the lamps.

Hold the bells mate.

#7 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:26 AM

Hey check it out,when you switch the lamp test to fail so you can step through the lamps.

You can step through them with Lamp Test set to pass. Wait til it finishes then use hold 3 to step forward and 3 again to pause, or hold 2 to step backwards

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#8 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

Really, thanks for that will guve it a try.
Hold the bells mate.

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

Personally I don't see the point of releasing a DX unless the reel symbols are correct.  The reels are what you spend most of the time looking at when you play a fruit machine, and it's a shame to just bung some other symbols in there instead of waiting for the real ones to come along.  They won't match the award card images and the whole thing will look like a cut and shut.  If anyone wants me to chip for a group-buy on the eBay one let me know.  We'll be kicking ourselves later on for letting these games slip through our hands when they were available.

No offense intended Tommy of course - I do like your work :)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#10 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

Personally I don't see the point of releasing a DX unless the reel symbols are correct.  The reels are what you spend most of the time looking at when you play a fruit machine, and it's a shame to just bung some other symbols in there instead of waiting for the real ones to come along.  They won't match the award card images and the whole thing will look like a cut and shut.  If anyone wants me to chip for a group-buy on the eBay one let me know.  We'll be kicking ourselves later on for letting these games slip through our hands when they were available.

£250 for reel bands :(

#11 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:17 PM

I fully understand what you mean steve, i don't like releasing mis match layouts but i have asked everywere for reel symbols and no one has them, or not willing to share? If we can grab one of these extremes for the right price i dont mind bunging 50 quid in for a group buy. The reel symbols are pretty much standard across the board with these apart from the epoch versions.
Hold the bells mate.

#12 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

There's already £100 odd in the pot.

#13 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Just an idea how about we have a nice word with Dave from Reel Fruits I know he is major busy at the moment but if we ask nicely he maybe able to help big time with Reel images and Rom's I'm going to Reel Fruits Monday and I will see what images I can grab and have a chat with him if he is working in Maidstone that day

Bruce

#14 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

I have an Extreme machine that I can take photos of the bands with. I cannot scan then as a lot of maygays/globals/extremes have the bands stuck together on the drum making them near impossible to get off without damaging them. My number reel is already damaged, probably by people banging their head on it.

#15 Matt_Vinyl

Matt_Vinyl

FruityLooper

• Regulars
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

Good luck with this release, my friend. Good stuff! I always thought that the Extreme fruits looked the juiciest (lol!) and were really nicely designed. Hopefully there will be a way to get some good hi-res images of them. I spent a lot of time looking a few years back but to no avail (not for any other purpose than that I wanted to try and recreate them in Photoshop. :)

Edit: If nothing comes to fruition (pardon the pun). I'm more than happy to give recreating them from scratch a try (there's probably enough images from the results here (Google: Extreme Gaming Fruit Machine) to work with.)

Edited by Matt_Vinyl, 29 November 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#16 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

Still tinkering with this in the hope some reel symbols turn up?

Attached Files

Hold the bells mate.

#17 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

Still tinkering with this in the hope some reel symbols turn up?

Just spent 10mintues on Google trying different entries and not one logo of extreme gaming!

#18 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:55 PM

Anyone got a torch lol, that's dark do you lamp it up in that state of darkness, gonna look awesome when lit though
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#19 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

Guys and Girls. Ive started a thread click the link there is a nice clean Extreme Logo that can be cut from the site

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#20 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Managed to cobble together some symbols from flyers photo's and some look a likeys from the net,just short of the bell and melon now.

Hold the bells mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users