Photo

Bar-x7 hopper / coin mech problem

Best Answer pershorepcs, 24 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

Ok on mine it is pin 2 to pin 9 pin 4 to pin 10 and pin 9b to 11.Thats the setting for the cashflow mech not mei.

just tried my plug same as yours and hey presto now diverting to cashbox when hopper full .. thanks for all the help Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

I had something similar on either Magic 10 or Bar X 10 can't remember which it was now tbh.

Anyway after DAYS of messing about the only way I could get it right floatwise was to dump it with hopper empty and then just play with coins till it had correct amount in and then they went to cashbox.

Never got to the bottom of what was wrong but once I'd done the above it was fine afterwards, so this might be worth a try if you haven't already done it?

#22 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

New board checked all wiring to hopper and coin mech absolutely nothing wrong there but still won't route to cash box

#23 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

I had something similar on either Magic 10 or Bar X 10 can't remember which it was now tbh.

Anyway after DAYS of messing about the only way I could get it right floatwise was to dump it with hopper empty and then just play with coins till it had correct amount in and then they went to cashbox.

Never got to the bottom of what was wrong but once I'd done the above it was fine afterwards, so this might be worth a try if you haven't already done it?

I'll try that got to be worth a go as nothing else as worked yet

#24 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:36 AM

I'll try that got to be worth a go as nothing else as worked yet

did you dump hopper whilst empty and did you press hopper top up or just play it normally until they dropped

#25 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:15 AM

did you dump hopper whilst empty and did you press hopper top up or just play it normally until they dropped

Dumped it while empty so it knew there was nothing in there and then just played it with pound coins till they backed mate.

Also just to note, the more I think about this, them more I'm sure it was Magic 10 and although it had no notey it held 250 coins and just wouldn't revert to the normal 125 you would expect for a £25 jp machine without a notey lol

#26 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:36 AM

Ok thanks mate I'll try tonight

Dumped it while empty so it knew there was nothing in there and then just played it with pound coins till they backed mate.

Also just to note, the more I think about this, them more I'm sure it was Magic 10 and although it had no notey it held 250 coins and just wouldn't revert to the normal 125 you would expect for a £25 jp machine without a notey lol

#27 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

Just thinking I think this as got magic 10 roms in not barx7.. so maybe it's a rom thing lol hopefully have proper barx7 roms in next few days and see wat they do lol

#28 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

Doesn't matter about the software they are all cool 7 software.

Hold the bells mate.

#29 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

Doesn't matter about the software they are all cool 7 software.

oh right ok just wasted £30 then lol

#30 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:58 PM

just tried this even after £300 still going into hopper.. really annoying me now

#31 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

Suppose you could always try this mate

Attached File  1250.jpg   144.92KB   1 downloads

#32 jimmy_jack

jimmy_jack

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

Your routing plug is clearly set up wrong. Post a pic and ill check on mine for you.

#33 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:52 PM

Here is my routing plug I hope pictures are clear enough

Attached Files

#34 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

its routed coin F £1 to exit C which is correct for hopper .. then other side is routed from C to overflow b which should be correct but either I'm missing something on how it works or its just not working

Here is my routing plug I hope pictures are clear enough

Edited by pershorepcs, 21 November 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#35 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:54 PM

Ok on mine it is pin 2 to pin 9 pin 4 to pin 10 and pin 9b to 11.Thats the setting for the cashflow mech not mei.

Hold the bells mate.

#36 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:42 AM

Very similar going to same exits .. will try mine the same and see what it does but not very hopeful to be honest

#37 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

If that doesn't sort it i think it could be your seperator at the bottom of you coin mech.
Hold the bells mate.

#38 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

tried 3 different mechs in all known workers so I've ruled out that .. beginning to think it's a problem in wiring I don't think mech and hopper are communicating

If that doesn't sort it i think it could be your seperator at the bottom of you coin mech.

#39 pershorepcs

pershorepcs

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

just tried this even after £300 still going into hopper.. really annoying me now

I can see reason for £250 hopper float on these if it does go on a very big roll .. I had over £200 last night on mine

Edited by pershorepcs, 22 November 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#40 jimmy_jack

jimmy_jack

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

The only other thing i can suggest is to flick one of the 8 dip switches with the machine turned off. Power on, (you should hear a funny noise) then turn power off and put the dip switch back to where it was before. Power back on and see if that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users