• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iellyblue

iellyblue

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hope someone can help,

I've been trying to restore a mid 90's Indiana jones fruit machine that had been stood for about 10 years. I bought it around 16 years ago so knew it fully worked.

The processor card battery has leaked as was sat in a garage for a long time and learnt the hard way that this happens. I recently bought a new processor card which when installed didn't work and then found the mother board had corrosion from the battery leak. I got my hands on another mother board from a partically working machine from a slightly later impact jpm machine and everything works now expect the LCD display which comes up with all at signs @. I've reset it loads and tried changing the DIM configuration but it's still the same. Something is going on with it as occasionally one or two of the @ change to a letter. I also tried another LCD display from the parts machine that was fully working and have the same problem. I've attached a pic

Any ideas how to get the display working?
Thank you

#2 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:15 AM

Possibly still a faulty motherboard or processor card.

Seems like not getting data to the display, check wiring and plugs to and from. If not try another processor card or mpu

#3 iellyblue

iellyblue

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the reply, ive just checked wiring and in case tested it with another wiring loom that was from the parts machine. Still no joy. Ahh

Everything else works fine, sounds features and lights

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:00 AM

Bad card or mpu then. It will only get worse if damaged and untreated.
Bad card or mpu then. It will only get worse if damaged and untreated.

#5 iellyblue

iellyblue

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:04 PM

Thanks, I'll search for replacements to test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users