• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hi, Im trying to get these reels sorted on this machine as its the last thing I need to do before my first proper DX release is completed. Im trying to get the main 3 reels to look like they should.If I click "Create overlay" the reel disappears and becomes a static image of the image behind it. I've no idea what Im doing here, but If I can find this out, I have plenty more DX's Id like to have a go at..

Also, the mirrored reel at the top, for some reason I cant get it to "turn the lamp off" when it shouldnt be on. So at the min it always shows the box. Ive found the 3 correct lamp numbers (67,68,69) but no matter where I put those lamp numbers in the reel band properties window, nothing happens.

Many thanks for any help anyone can give me with this one.

Attached Files

#2 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

You need to mask off the area of the reels you want to be seen in your background art with a solid colour, then when you've ripped your overlay you can set that block colour transparent as seen in the pic, good luck.

Attached Files

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#3 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

Thanks Pook. What is the best way to mask off the area? Can't quite think of a good way of doing it as the reels are slanted

#4 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

Depends on what graphic editing program you use, they will all have a masking tool, I use photoshop. If you're still struggling PM your DX and I'll drop them in for you.

Attached Files

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#5 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

I think I see what you mean now, think I misunderstood what you meant before. Ive masked off the reels in photoshop of the original unlit image, reloaded that into MFME and created overlay then made the mask color transparent. All seems to be OK except there is now a jagged edge (same colour as the mask colour) on the reel (see reel 1 as Ive not done the others yet)

Any ideas why and if I can fix it? Its not a huge problem but I like to know how to do thing properly so that I can create good quality DXs in the future

Many thanks again

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.jpg   140.4KB   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users