• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

Just got my first fruity for my pad-
Empire Egyptian Gold (club)2008 I think it's similar to barcrest machines from what I can tell?

It's working fine as soon as it finishes initialization there's a buzz through the speaker (it changes pitch with the flash of the lights) game sound is OK...wiring to the speaker seems OK. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I followed a YouTube video on coin refill key and dumping the coins and seems to be OK. I'm not sure why you have to refill the hopper and when and how the hopper stops filling and the coins start dropping to the bottom 'bank hoppers' at the base of the machine if anyone could give me a lesson? Think it's something to do with a float...not sure on this term though.

Is there a user guide for all the settings?

Cheers

#2 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:25 PM

If you look on the mpu 4 board theres a little volume pot for sensitivity try adjusting that each way until you get the best result.

Hold the bells mate.

#3 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:58 PM

Hi cheers ok I will have a look, I've found out the board is a barcrest mpu5.

#4 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

Managed to turn down the MAIN volume off the refill key settings but the feedback buzzing volume sounds constant...any ideas?

#5 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

Its normal for the phasing sound from the speak when the machine is in attach mode or just doing nothing. i.e during refill or in test.

natural pubclub etc you would not hear this due to back ground noise/jukebox/Tv/traffic etc .

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#6 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:23 AM

Hi there, I opened the machine and the loud part of the buzz coming from the reel that acts as the 1-12 dice/hi/lo for the feature. Spins OK light OK light is green on the connector but it's making noise. It does sound like game noise buzz rather than broken part buzz. Any ideas?

#7 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:07 AM

Hi there

All is normal mpu5 have always been like that its down to the output voltage being like a volt higher then what is needed. its all perfectly sound and normal

#8 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:56 AM

Really? Does sound quite loud. Never heard a machine do this...as you say though it's probably normal...I didn't notice it in the geezers house when I checked it out.

Is there a manual for the mp5u machines?

Can anyone explain more about when the coins start dropping to the bottom and what the hopper full button in the back of the cab is for?

Cheers absolutely loving working out this fruity lol

#9 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

Should be a manual in the downloads section.
Hold the bells mate.

#10 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:28 AM

Cool where is the downloads section can't see it...im using the phone version

#11 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

Cool where is the downloads section can't see it...im using the phone version

Here you go, couple in the miscellaneous section:
http://www.fruit-emu...-miscellaneous/

#12 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

ok

Open both doors once the machine has finished booting. press cancle to clear read meters. insert refill key turn it now. in the bottom of the machine press the hopper dump button. where your two black plastic cash boxes are inside of there top left hand side. press that once you will hear a pop. press start. you will hear the hopper spin and any coins in there will now come out.

Now if you have £xxx float depending on your jackpot £25=125 (note accepter fitted then it becomes £250) , £35/70/100 is £350.same again open both doors. wait till it boots up again. press cancle to clear read meters insert refill key turn it now if you have money in the hopper the full float really the true full amounts . press hopper top up you will hear a pop and on the display it will say hopper topped up 

#13 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

if you have dumped the hopper then lock the machine up every pound will go into the hopper until it is full then once it reaches its full amount then the very next coin will drop to the bottom.

#14 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

Cheers mate I think I'm getting it. Is the float the floating money level the machine likes to sit at...it can pay or drain £xxx anytime then?

Mines set at £250 jp and it's on £350 float.

I've dumped it put a £5 in as refill then started playing it's recording F35 now so I guess it's 10% float.

Say a fruity got delivered to your local haunt would they top up the float or just put a small amount in? I'm not understanding why yet lol! Guess they want it unpredictable so people play right from the start?

I'm still finding it loud I can hear it everywhere kinda wanted to leave it on so that's a shame. Also got it upto the top of my stairs on my tod but couldn't lift it straight up to go round the corner on the last 3 steps so had to go back down!

#15 garry89

garry89

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:23 PM

hi ive got a machine in my pub shed (3 steps bar) and the speakers were buzzing, was annoying so i unplugged both speakers and ran a wire from the speaker output on the mpu5 board and ran it to a speaker away from the fruit machine, hid it in a small cupboard next to the machine and theres no buzzing noise at all. ive got a mate that works in a coachworks and he said speaker wiring in cars runs away from wiring electrical looms as the speaker picks up interference and give a buzz sound. maybe a bit extreme doing this but the noise was annoying me. prob just dont notice the noise in arcades, pubs and cafes because of other noises but at home or in my case in an insulated shed its noticeable.

#16 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

the "background" noise you are hearing is completly normal, sadly.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#17 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

Hi cheers for the replies, yeah the feedback from the speaker I've heard on other machines...it's not that bad you can hear the pitch changes when the lights flash. It reminds me of long sessions on the fruity! Think it was Monty python!

The one that's really annoying is the feature dice reel motor the buzz comes from the actual motor not the speaker if you get me. Sounds like if you held you finger on a low phone key type note coming from inside quite abit louder than the speaker feedback. I had a look and was going to ask barcrest about a new one, but they look around £60-80. That's half what you can get a machine for so not worth it right now. I've got used to it playing but still annoying in attract mode and not quite as cool when my mates come round! Still a great buy though I love it! If and when I get my next club one I've learned a fairbit now too, so cheers!

Edited by Twostroker, 18 November 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#18 Twostroker

Twostroker

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hi there got another few newbie questions if anyone is kind enough to help me out, got a club mpu5 machine jackpot is set on £100 and it's saying the Float is 250...is that right?
Got the decals and I'm gonna change it to £250jp this week just wondering if the float goes upto 350 automatically when you change the jackpot? Is there any knacks to swapping the decals over as it's this first time I'm changing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users