11 replies to this topic

#1 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

Finally after many years of hoping it gives me great pleasure to be able to release this DX on behalf of one of the great DX designers, Reg.

This is a machine that I played and enjoyed a great deal in my student days. 

The feature that I have always loved was the ability to part gamble your wins against the number reel. When the machine was happy you could gamble and win substantial wins this way.

The ROM included is the v1.6 ROM, and I have also attached the v1.5 ROM here. Both ROMs have previously been in the DAT but also the sound ROM is now included in the layout which will need to be added to the ROM DAT please Geddy (woooohooooo yes!!!)

I also plan to release my own series of DXs in the future, and would hope to do multiple decals for different stakes and JPs but I am going to take my time on that. I discussed things with Reg, and after much thought I still believe that it's OK and fair to release multiple DX's for the same machine, and this in no way is going to steal my thunder, after all Crystal made the machine in the first place, and I think it's important for the scene to now be able to enjoy it. I also think this DX is brilliant quality, and it's going to take me quite some time to try and improve on it, if I am going to be able to at all.

Here are a few words from Reg to me from a private PM:

" I was not prepared to release this as I knew you wanted to do it. I did not want to steal anyones thunder. I passed it to you to help with the lamp numbering and give you the reels for a future DX.

You have asked if I would release it and I refused as I don't want to steal anyones thunder and step on anyones toes.

This is however released with your blessing as it's a machine that you love and wanted people to play ASAP and enjoy since I provided the ROMs (sound) "

I can't say how happy I am to see this DX released and with sound. This is a wonderful time to re-engage with FME, and this very machine is what sent me looking for FME in the first place all those years ago.

Thanks very much to all involved in FME over the years.

Hope you all enjoy playing this machine.

GET IN !!

Mort/Reg.

Attached Files

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Thank you both for this, now we all get to see how you like this so much.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

This is amazing it reminds me of my Nan she loved playing this in the local Bingo Hall

Thank You sooooo much

#4 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:15 PM

Many thanks to all involved.  Odd machine unless I'm playing it wrong but to go hi or lo to advance round the feature is different, thanks :)

#5 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

I know you've wanted this many years... I really can't wait to give it a go myself, as I'm sure we used to have one of these at one of the local clubs I used to go in many years go...

Great release! :)

#6 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Lol now this machine is wrapped in nostalgia for me, so, of course, i'm going to love it.

It is a different machine though than the norm, with the hi lo around the board, and the gambling/part gambling of wins.

I always did well on this machine, until it blew up in the uni bar.

Then they brought in CCnR and that's a whole new story :D

#7 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

Thank You

#8 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

I actually think the only machine that I played in real life that has not been DX'd now is FireCracker (s4) - can't wait for it Vec :D

#9 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Jackpotted it after just £5 in lol...

If only it was that easy back in the day :D 

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

I actually think the only machine that I played in real life that has not been DX'd now is FireCracker (s4) - can't wait for it Vec :D

only the big shot decals to work out if I land on em via test lol, but won't be released for a bit, after I've resaved my machine's on file, then I'll be asking questions on how to and does this lol
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#11 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

So glad you finally got to play your beloved Club Bullion,thanks for the layout peeps.

Hold the bells mate.

#12 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Thank you

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users