21 replies to this topic

#1 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

Some of you may have noticed the new download section dedicated to layouts for the new techs that are going to be covered by the new emulator, as well as the existing techs which were already included before:
http://www.fruit-emu...gory/47-mfme-5/

There are also new corresponding forums for MFME techs, when anyone uploads a new layout a dedicated discussion forum will be created.
http://www.fruit-emu...5-new-releases/

Barcrest Junky and myself have spent some time getting them ready for the new release. If anyone can spot any errors or omissions then I'd appreciate you letting us know.

#2 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

looks great so far alex...who`d have thought we`d see some of those techs listed :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#3 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

Great idea... I remember how faffy it was setting up the current release area a few years ago now, so well done both of you! :)

Would it be possible to set up a similar subforum for WIP for the new MFME 5 emulator when it arrives? I say this, so as it can be kept separate from the myriad of WIP over the years for the older MFME releases, the the 'naughty' MPU emulators, BFMulator and JPeMu releases - as well as the Amber ventures.

It’ll keep things nice and tidy for the future of MFME in particular and in a separate category... Thanks :)

#4 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

Looks top notch that mate,cheers.
Hold the bells mate.

#5 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

Excellent idea.......but can't see a mpu4 video section.....(if it's supported, that is)

anybody else feeling like it's Xmas eve when you were a 10 yr old?...I DO!!! :)
Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#6 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

Excellent idea.......but can't see a mpu4 video section.....(if it's supported, that is)
anybody else feeling like it's Xmas eve when you were a 10 yr old?...I DO!!! :)

MPU4 plasma and video sections are within the MPU section. The forums list is better to look at as it shows all of the sub-sections without you having to click on the top section.

#7 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

Excellent. :) thanx.
Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

I say keep the forthcoming release sections as they are as members will know what's what by the topic titles as for the new mfme section wouldn't it of been easier to just add more sub sections to the existing download sections. As in when you upload a layout you're first given a choice of tech to go for which automatically sends you down the correct mfme path.
Finally what happens to say a scorpion 4 layout that will run in both mfme old and new?
Maybe as all layouts will run in mfme5 there isn't a need for mfme 1.0/ 2.0 etc sections maybe just the tech the machine runs on is sufficient. As I've found there's two sections within the downloads that contain say mpu4 where there only needs one
Just my input.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

Looks good :)

Looking forward to those sections being populated in due course!

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#10 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:56 PM

I say keep the forthcoming release sections as they are as members will know what's what by the topic titles as for the new mfme section wouldn't it of been easier to just add more sub sections to the existing download sections. As in when you upload a layout you're first given a choice of tech to go for which automatically sends you down the correct mfme path.
Finally what happens to say a scorpion 4 layout that will run in both mfme old and new?
Maybe as all layouts will run in mfme5 there isn't a need for mfme 1.0/ 2.0 etc sections maybe just the tech the machine runs on is sufficient. As I've found there's two sections within the downloads that contain say mpu4 where there only needs one
Just my input.

There always have been separate download sections for different versions of MFME. So I don't entirely see your point?

And as anything created for MFME5 will only work in the new emulator, it seems eminently sensible to keep all the new stuff separate, and all the old stuff where it is.

Edited by aaamusements, 29 October 2016 - 10:25 PM.
Addition

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

Fair enough
But that my last release Eighth Wonder yes it clearly states it should use mfme 2.0/3.0 but it can actually be played in all existing mfme's (not tried mfme 1.0) so as stated according to Jeeves the newer mfme will play all older games including rescale option so in theory they're be no need for the mfme categories eventually. And as also found the mpu3/4 section by rights that should be mpu3 and all mpu4 layout's be moved to their correct sections.
Again it's only my suggestion upto you where items go.

Edited by vectra666, 30 October 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#12 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

The mfme sections are relevent. Some layouts only run in certain emus,like some mfme 1.1 layouts wont run in v2 and vice versa.
Hold the bells mate.

#13 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:53 PM

The simple way to put it is that all MFME5 layouts will only run in MFME5

Older dats will / should run in MFME5 with minimal adjustment.

When you load an older dat in MFME5  it can be saved to the new MFME5 layout and will no longer work in older versions, but I cant think of any valid reason you would need to.

So eventually EVERY older dat can be upgraded to the MFME5 format and there will be no need for all these different layouts for different MFMEx versions, as once all the older layouts are converted there should not be any need to use any MFME that isn't V5.

Think I got that right  lol

Edited by fruitman69, 30 October 2016 - 02:55 PM.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#14 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:25 PM

Great idea... I remember how faffy it was setting up the current release area a few years ago now, so well done both of you! :)

Would it be possible to set up a similar subforum for WIP for the new MFME 5 emulator when it arrives? I say this, so as it can be kept separate from the myriad of WIP over the years for the older MFME releases, the the 'naughty' MPU emulators, BFMulator and JPeMu releases - as well as the Amber ventures.

It’ll keep things nice and tidy for the future of MFME in particular and in a separate category... Thanks :)

I've created it:
http://www.fruit-emu...-wip-for-mfme5/

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

Also added a section for Scorpion 5, as I understand that it has been officially included in the new version.

#16 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Thanks bud - it’ll keep things nice and tidy for all the members with the newer releases and their updates :)

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

So far so good, but why is there no release thread/topic when members upload a mfme5 layout.

#18 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

So far so good, but why is there no release thread/topic when members upload a mfme5 layout.

You mean like this one?
http://www.fruit-emu...d-mist-classic/

Or this one:
http://www.fruit-emu...-of-wealth-l35/

The only one to not have a release thread as far as I can see is this one, because the author has not uploaded it to the site, they added it as an attachment:
http://www.fruit-emu...classic-layout/

#19 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

I think what vectra means is they ain't showing up on the main page.

Hold the bells mate.

#20 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

I think what vectra means is they ain't showing up on the main page.

Which main page?

Screenshots please, I can't be dealing with vague pointers like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users