Best Operating system

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rossys

rossys

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

Hi whats the best Operating system if you was going to have a designated PC built just for Fruit machine EMU?

As i noticed some MPU3 games the sound became distorted on some sound cards /Operating Systems 

thanks 

#2 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

Hi whats the best Operating system if you was going to have a designated PC built just for Fruit machine EMU?

As i noticed some MPU3 games the sound became distorted on some sound cards /Operating Systems 

thanks 

Windows Xp currently as they play all the 'synth' sounds - but with the lack of support from Microsoft now, it can be dangerous if you use it for Internet purposes...

There is a new emulator due out, hopefully, around Hallowe'en, an update for MFME and this should fix any sound issues, so will run on the latest Windows (7, 8, 8.1 & 10)

You can use a Mac (like I have) and install 'WINE' emulator or a virtual PC (like VMware, Parallels etc - but you'll need a Windows OS to run it this way).

The same applies to Linux, using WINE, QT4 for WINE or a virtual machine (again, a Windows OS will be needed for this option).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users