• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Hey Guys. Just thought id share what ive been up to tonight.. Total Crap, seeing as I had no idea how the lampmasking worked or anything, and also that i didnt really have a direction i was moving in.. 

Still need to find some reel images. 

but thought id show you what an absolute novice in amber 2 could achieve in a few hours. Amber 2 creation tool is great, obviously still a few bugs, but obviously to be expected still being in development. but if its that easy to create something in beta, then god knows how great itll be when ready :) 

Anyway, this is my CashFlow Classic. literally just f*****g around, no real goal but ended up with this. 

Also, The emuparadise where i found the roms has the program but no sound, im sure i heard the sound file when i was testing killcrazys epoch emulator. 

Does anyone have it??

Attached Files

#2 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:56 AM

I didn't think you could do classics in amber. That does look good.

#3 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:16 AM

Cheers, yeh I didn't know if it would work, hence the crudeness lol.

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:23 AM

Looking good, classics here we come then. :)

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:24 AM

Got to admit that looks miles better than the Mfme, I mean even though it's only a rough idea it looks more realistic to a real machine, nice to see someone having a go at amber layout's just a shame I can't at present use it!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:48 AM

Looking very nice so far.  Classics are much better than nothing, after all.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#7 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, proof is in the pudding, that does look awesome, thanks for sharing.  Good luck ;)

PS So I tried to edit the simpsons layout and start an epoch machine from scratch, admittedly I didn't have a load of time to spare to really delve in. How do you go about changing the lamps shapes?  Also I tried some epoch roms and they errored with various coin mech problems.  It was an earlier Simpsons rom so not sure how to fix that.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#8 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hope Guitar continues to develop this, I noticed he hasn't been posting lately.  That would be a shame.

J

#9 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

I'm sure he is just busy. He did mention a few days ago that he had some time off to really get stuck in.
I might make a video on how to create a layout as I have got several machines to run and know how to make a wdx in Amber 2 as I had started doing cash flow as a dx but it really was shit haha. Loading the roms certainly isn't as simple as mfme right now but I'm sure that will change as the emu develops. So far it is certainly possible for the fme community (who can get this going) to get layout creating :)

#10 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

Lol fusion this'll make you laugh.. This was designed in paint!! Haha. No lamp changing. And this is the thing that makes Amber 2 a joy to create layouts with. You make one 'On' image and one 'Off' image. So make an off image in paint shop or paint or something.. Then color it in to how you want it when lamps are on.. Import them into Amber and then you move the lamps into place and resize the lamps. What the emu does effectively is have the off image over the on image, and as the light illuminates it makes the off image disappear in the lamp area effectively making the lamp look like its on. It is so clever and completely different to how mfme layout designing works :)

#11 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:23 AM

Yes, I created a layout in amber1.  I redid my Cluedo Super Sleuth for Amber.  It came out excellent, well I though so.  In Amber2 can you change the size of a lamp box by dragging anchor points?

J

#12 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

hopefully the sounds attached are the ones you're after :)

Dave.

Attached Files

#13 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

Ahh I didn't realize the layout creation was the same.

Cheers captain, looking forward to giving this a go..also sorry to be cheeky but the sound roms I have for pick yer pesos (which I've been waiting to create a layout for, since forever) and very crackly, again I've had decent sound proms when testing the other emu for pick yer pesos, don't suppose you have a decent copy of the sound for pypesos do you?

Cheers mates

#14 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Crackly sounds.  Not sure if that is the roms dumps, maybe an emulator issue with amber. Could be the roms though is it possible to test them in the audio tool Guitar released?

J

#15 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

Ahh I didn't realize the layout creation was the same.

Cheers captain, looking forward to giving this a go..also sorry to be cheeky but the sound roms I have for pick yer pesos (which I've been waiting to create a layout for, since forever) and very crackly, again I've had decent sound proms when testing the other emu for pick yer pesos, don't suppose you have a decent copy of the sound for pypesos do you?

Cheers mates

here's the sounds for pyp :)

Attached Files

#16 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

You legend. Cheers buddy :)

#17 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

Got some art prepped here for pyp if you want it,you just need to lamp the on image?

Hold the bells mate.

#18 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

Ahhh Yes please TommyC, That would be awesome :) Cheers Mate

#19 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

Unfortunately Captain, Those cash flow sound roms arent the correct cash flow :( thanks anyway

#20 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

And the pick yer pesos sounds are still crackly.. Goodness knows what happening there then :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users