Photo
- - - - -

Fruit-Emu e-mail addresses

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for an @fruit-emu.com e-mail address (with 64Mb of storage)? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay for an @fruit-emu.com e-mail address (with 64Mb of storage)?

1. £5 per year (ie, Bronze Supporter) (37 votes [8.31%])

Percentage of vote: 8.31%

2. £10 per year (ie, Silver Supporter) (14 votes [3.15%])

Percentage of vote: 3.15%

3. £20 per year (ie, Gold Supporter) (22 votes [4.94%])

Percentage of vote: 4.94%

4. I think they should be free (167 votes [37.53%])

Percentage of vote: 37.53%

5. I don't think its something you should bother with (205 votes [46.07%])

Percentage of vote: 46.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

If we were to start to offer e-mail addresses (ie, joebloggs@fruit-emu.com) with access both via the web, ie, similar to hotmail (although without the bells and whistles) and also with access via pop3 (ie, through outlook express and thunderbird) how much would you be willing to pay?

At this stage this is just an idea and would depend on how much interest there was. Some sort of charge is necessary as it is not feasible to give e-mail addresses to all users.

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

How about making it a 'site donator' privilege?

I mean say donate £5, get an email addy, couple of other things?

Just an idea :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

Oops, I see thats the whole point of the poll :)

I would edit my post but can't so I've had to double post :o
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

How about making it a 'site donator' privilege?

I mean say donate £5, get an email addy, couple of other things?

Just an idea :)

I agree it should be a privelege, but at what level? For all donators or of a particualr level?

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:47 PM

Sorry bout that, also I can't vote in this poll :S - I says 'you may not vote in this poll' or something similar!

Anyway, I change my mind, I think £10 should get the emails. Reason basically being that if you made it £5 you would have many more people to give addresses too, and it could be a nightmare to sort out :)
Ben

#6 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

Sorry bout that, also I can't vote in this poll :S - I says 'you may not vote in this poll' or something similar!

You should be able to post now, so many permissions so little time!!

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

I agree it should be a privelege, but at what level? For all donators or of a particualr level?

I think at any level of donating duplu....If a member is committed enough to realise that the running of this site isn't free, and it comes from your pocket..Yet they do donate a mail address may be considered a kind of thanks from the Admin.

You cannot afford to give everbody a t-shirt, yet to provide the resources to a few gig of Emulations that people who are unaware of this site pay for on auction sites is in it's own right enough to want to keep it up.

I must admit I personally didn't realise @fruit-emu.com was compatable with POP3, i'm with AOL at present which isn't, i'll sure be altering my config's...So AOL members something to savour over?

#8 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:43 PM

Nurse.....pass me the crash Trolley......RB's just gone into cardiac arrest......:eek:

________________/__________________________________

Flat Lined.....................................

Any email on the possible outcome would be appreciated!:)

i can be reached on rb@fruit-emu.com OH BUGGER............:rolleyes:
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

How about senior members and those who donate. /me looks at my post count and member level.. ahh yes Snr members looks good :)

Whats the max mailboxes you can have duplu ?
N/A

#10 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Whats the max mailboxes you can have duplu ?

No limit to the number of mailboxes.

#11 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:56 PM

anyone with a post count higher than site admin looks cool to me.......:D

Watches as RB's post count is reset......:eek:

:confused:
Time to have a release flood......... ~~~~~~
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

I'd say layout designers (that have released quite a few layouts, haha), V.I.P's and anybody that has donated. There can't be that many people that will qualify for an address if you lok at it like that.

Or we can all offer our gmail invitations, they are now giving away 2gig of space, they also keep putting my invites back up to 50 everytime i use a few.

Hurtand165

#13 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

Duplu, check your forum permissions again, i can't edit anything in here.

Hurtand165

#14 Guest_madman_*

Guest_madman_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

user partisipation.avg post count. length of time.ranking. should ALL be considered..i mean the amount of regged members vs posts actually made on a daily basis must be very low.

#15 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:29 AM

Quite surprised by the amount of 'I don't think you should bother with' votes tbh :o

If it were to be based on something like :

Layout Designer, VIP, Bronze donation, Mod, and users over a certain post threshold [whats the highest level a 'norm' can reach? :D]

I think these Fruit-Emu addresses rock as this is the only type of mail I can access from college [although if they catch me they'll no doubt block it ;)]
Ben

#16 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:55 AM

:eek: I would gladly mortgage my house, sell my car and give up drinking for the "priviledge" of a fruit-emu email address.......:eek:

Okay forget about the give up drinking bit.......:D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 stevesystem

stevesystem

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

After stumbing across this site I must admit that I was more than ready for the dreaded 'Enter payment details' at some point. Not to find one was a genuinly nice surprise! The sheer quality of some of the emulators and the pro layout of the site itself is a credit to you guys; I feel though that many people are downloading stuff for free without even saying a cursory 'thank you'. That would really piss me off. It would be nice to keep this site free but I feel realism has to be the order of the day. Christ, some sites want you to pay before you even switch the PC on! (it feels like that sometimes!) Whatever you see fit thanks for the enjoyment!

#18 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

I'd say layout designers (that have released quite a few layouts, haha), V.I.P's and anybody that has donated. There can't be that many people that will qualify for an address if you lok at it like that.Hurtand165

So tell me how does one become a vip ?

On the old forums other than layout designer and admin there were no more levels to get up to. so what does one do to be a Vip ?
N/A

#19 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

Design an emu, make a massive donation, make a little donation, learn the secret handshake, live in dartford, design a couple of layouts, run a fruit machine company and give fruit emu the nod about releasing old tech roms, drink alot (my personal favourite), discover lotsa lost roms,sound roms, the list goes on and on and on....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:12 PM

i think ppl that are dedecated ie the mods and layouts desighners that have been around for a wile and know a fair bit about wot they do i think ppl that help the fme scene go foward and live on should get one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users