Coronation Street fruit machine that needs spares

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 charles77

charles77

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

Need some help, after testing this machine I need the power supply or motherboad repaired. Can anyone help as it is a sorry loss to have to scrap it. The graphics are in mint condition. Attached File  IMG_0406.JPG   178.83KB   2 downloads

#2 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

the reel in reel 3 and 4 needs swopping around as well 

#3 charles77

charles77

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:14 AM

I know, swapping the reels around was the test to see if the reels were at fault, easy to put them back

#4 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:16 AM

Maygay really did do some cracking games back in those days didn't they?  Nice to see one is such good condition - how long have you had it?  There are members here who can help with identifying faults and possibly fixing or sourcing parts.  They're not on here every waking minute of the day though so give it a few days and hopefully someone will be able to help.

Welcome to the forum :)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

Need some help, after testing this machine I need the power supply or motherboad repaired. Can anyone help as it is a sorry loss to have to scrap it. The graphics are in mint condition. attachicon.gifIMG_0406.JPG

We all saw that in the Pic BB but realised that's what Chas had probably did trying to solve some issues.

Please bring it back to life charles77, a legend of a machine and an era too.

#6 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

yeah i know its fault finding have you got any other decals with this charless777 as it would play better on 8 quid as 4 pound can play flat

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

agree Ady maygay's best era, maybe all of the manufactures best era the 80's to late nineties, this machine matches the great eastenders!! 

the setting this machines on appears to be an all cash setting, where as £8 for the jackpot would be better as going for red sevens is actually lower than the blue bars lol. hope you get it up n running as members state earlier there's a fair few members on here that will guide you and hopefully bring your machine back to its full potential, goodluck!! 

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#8 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

M1 a / b based, so in an ideal world. you could use with someone to test BOTH your PSU (Bridge rectifiers can sometimes fail) and systemboard (Battery damage being the biggie here).

Not a lot we can do here, but one thing that may help, is can you get some good quality pic's done of the systemboard, and especially of the battery area?

Problem with the systemboards, is there is a protection chip called a Watchdog, and although a number of machines have em, the one on M1 a / b is especially a problem, as even a small fault can upset it, totally locks the machine down, and it's never easy to work out exactly where the fault is, also noting that if you have to buy one in, it's at least £70+ for one (Last time I checked anyway).

Edited by stanmarsh14, 30 June 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#9 charles77

charles77

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:57 AM

I know, swapping the reels around was the test to see if the reels were at fault, easy to put them back

The other thing that I did years ago was I did catch the battery leaking and removed it before it could leak and destroy the motherboard, was a happy machine that I have had for over 10 years. I would just love to get it working again as it is very rare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users