• 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Pcp's NudgeMoney 1024Dx

File Submitter: vectra666

File Submitted: 22 May 2016

File Category: MPS

Here is a old classic, probably my oldest machine layout so far, It's pcp's nudgemoney a great little 2p'er!!!. 
 I can see why spa loves this machine so much a excellent machine that sits alongside the great test pilot but in my option is miles better in playabilty, as spa states you can get the jackpot regularly by taking the 2nd feature "hi-lo money". I now remember this machine well as it was one of the first machines i played back in the 80's where i learnt to perfect the skillstop's and probably played it a lot due to it being cheap as a fiver on these would last all afternoon down by the seaside on a wet sunday lol.

Back to the layout, thanks to spa for sending me the images and hopefully we'll see this in his large emulation machine in the near future!! Its been an absolute pleasure recreating this, brought back great memories.  
At times i thought it's just to hard to make anything from the images but with a little push and from some more images found from the mecca, here it is!! Also thanks to spa for his classic layout used as a base! 
the text isn't as accurate as the original machine text but is the correct fontage, also the picky ones here will probably notice the double 2p's are different than the actual machine, due to me putting them the wrong way around.. oooppppss lol.  
Thanks to spa and ricardo D p for testing!

Technical details...

The layout suffers the same emu crash as the classic so if you collect the feature line "cash numbers" it WILL crash, also texted on layout!
the font used Bebas neue was the font used for imformation so this is included in the first reply on this.

Shortcuts are listed also.

PLAYS BEST IN MFME2.0!!!!! if it alarms on coin inserting, reset the game and reduce configuration speed!

ENJOY and HAPPY GAMING!!!!!! 

Click here to download this file

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

font used on above layout.

Attached Files

#3 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for doing this. It's one of the best pcp 2pers made in my opinion. Yes, Test Pilot and Blue Streak are good, but this is excellent and you have done it proud :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#4 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

Yeah.  Done a pretty good job considering how much of a dog this is to DX.  Lots, and lots of hidden/darkened down graphics to recreate. :)

Tried using the alternative roms we have for this, but they don't seem to work on MFME for some reason.  The alternative roms are all 8kb, each, and the roms used on the DX are 16kb each.  Maybe there's a way of getting them running with a bit of coding nous.  The alternative roms are attached, if anyone knows how to get them running .

Thanks for the layout, chaps! :)

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

are these the same roms that I found via coolroms on the forthcoming topic of this??

#6 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

Cheers for the layout,have you missed a lamp number out on the top line of the second 7 seg for the credits,as it doesn't seem to work.

Hold the bells mate.

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

its missing in mfme 3.2 but fine in mfme2.0 same probs with classic layout before

• spa likes this

#8 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:47 PM

are these the same roms that I found via coolroms on the forthcoming topic of this??

Probably, mate.  There are two sets of roms in the rom-dat for this.  The ones with the error, and the other set I attached.  The set I attached looks like a good dump, so I'm not sure why they don't load.

And the top of the seg is missing because the seg uses the number '0'.  Some versions of MFME has a bug with the number zero for some reason.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

here's all the roms from the coolrom site, I see there's six in total 3 at 16kb, 3 at 8kb probably already have em all.

Attached Files

#10 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:34 PM

Most of the real fruity's in the arcades have missing lamps anyway, just makes it more realistic.

Thanks for the "Almost" perfect release.

M

#11 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Cracking dx Vectra

Will download and give this classic a good bash.

Totally agree with Spa re the slot.

Thanks to all involved with the release. :cute:

Jay

#12 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

When mps originally came out Gary had nudge money roms, but they didn't work. I guess one of the above set. Then the mchine came up over on the mecca and I think Player dumped the roms again, they worked but made that line crash the machine. Not an emulator issue as TTX burn't the working roms, tried them and it crash the actual machine, although I think he tried it in a different machine.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#13 TTX

TTX

Castle Collector

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

The EPROMs themselves were corrupted by a parallel port Willem programmer running on Windows XP:

XP toggles the "strobe" pin on the parallel port as part of its mechanism for detecting devices.

Unfortunately, Willem chose the strobe pin for turning on the programming voltage.

Pulsing the strobe during a read would apply programming voltage and corrupt the memory location being read at that instant.

• spa likes this

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

thanks for the info TTX so until a new complete runnable set is found then this will have to do.

And back to the missing 7seg, pook's cashino layout also suffers the same in mfme3,2 so probs an emulator issue

• spa likes this

#15 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:35 PM

Thanks Vecs, I agree with 'Letmein', that most of the machines have lights missing in the pubs and arcades. How about a fag burns/ash edition, to give that pre-non smoking effect that was so common years ago!!!!!!

Nice release there.

Ricardo.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#16 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

maybe I could still do that faulty fag burn, button sticking , glass cracked fruity with the beer spilt on the buttons and crisps in the payout tray with a couple of chavs hanging off each side after all lol.

what machine would fit the scene though, how about the £10 version of andy capp great escape as that needs a re-dx? or something more modern

Edited by vectra666, 23 May 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#17 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

There was an "Addams Family" machine in our local chippy with the start button upside down & half the feature board bulbs missing.

It seemed to be set at about 20% pay out, but we loved it.

M

#18 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

yes I've played machines like that, i'm sure us real addicts amongst us which I was back in the 90's would've played a machine with every bulb out and sticky buttons on 20%

#19 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

Many thanks :)

#20 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

Thank you

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users