Photo
- - - - -

Fragmented sounds on older token machines and others.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:55 PM

I was wondering if anyone could please help me out with a sound issue?

Whenever I play old school token machines i.e. Cash Counter, Line up, Flash Cash Etc...they always sound like the speaker has blown or there is a loose connection. I use mostly mfme v3.2 for them but the same applies if I use other emulators. I don't have a problem with my pc because all other games sound fine. Everything else with my sound hardware is good and works correctly, Could this be something to do with the sample rate or summit? It would be good if the sounds could play properly instead of fragmented.

:note: is :goofy: on old machines.

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#2 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

These are emulated synth sounds that won't work correctly in anything above WinXP unfortunately.   With no real chance of any updates it's unlikely to ever get fixed.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#3 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

These are emulated synth sounds that won't work correctly in anything above WinXP unfortunately.   With no real chance of any updates it's unlikely to ever get fixed.

J

Thank the lord my xp pc is still in good nick!-And the sounds on the emulations are incredible. :radar:

I was wondering if anyone could please help me out with a sound issue?

Whenever I play old school token machines i.e. Cash Counter, Line up, Flash Cash Etc...they always sound like the speaker has blown or there is a loose connection. I use mostly mfme v3.2 for them but the same applies if I use other emulators. I don't have a problem with my pc because all other games sound fine. Everything else with my sound hardware is good and works correctly, Could this be something to do with the sample rate or summit? It would be good if the sounds could play properly instead of fragmented.

:note: is :goofy: on old machines.

Worth a try in Mfme v2 as some games play better in this.

Sadly as Fuzion points out all Windows after xp will not emulate the sounds as well.

You could look around for an xp pc second hand,I don't know what a tower 2nd hand would be -I paid £110  six years ago,which to some may seem a lot! However, despite the update issues now with xp I do have the Rolls Royce of computers when it comes to playing the slot emulations. :notworthy:  :notworthy:

And that for me is priceless :cute: -

Maybe in time it will become a rare antique-lol :err:

Jay

Edited by gemini17, 04 April 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#4 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

It could be worth creating a separate partition and dual booting to Windows XP if you really want the synth sounds to play well.

J

• ady likes this

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#5 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

Hi, I tried posting a topic like this but finally I know why this happens! I cannot afford another PC, I have no room in my poxy little home! I can cope without these sounds, but I used to like playing eachway nudger JPM. Is there an impact MFME layout with the MK II or III sounds in there? I know there is for JPEMu.

#6 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:34 PM

So there we have it then, my old pc was a an xp but kept shutting off at a moments notice whenever it felt like it.  One click sound off the hard drive then a complete dead power down right in the middle of windows.  It's no worries as I got this decent PC now and can accept the fact that it is not an issue with my laptop.  Thanks for all your feed back guys.  K.S :cute:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#7 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

Thanks again Krayzeestyles for bringing up this topic, I will try to play the older machines just on Win 10 although sounds are choppy. Each-way nudger was a fav of mine at good old Weymouth, it was MK III I know, but I thought there was a MFME impact layout for this machine but cannot find it! I know the ` key does not work for cancel. I also have noticed that whatever Windows the synthesized sounds are played a bit lower than the actual machine.

#8 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

Thank the lord my xp pc is still in good nick!-And the sounds on the emulations are incredible. :radar:

Worth a try in Mfme v2 as some games play better in this.

Sadly as Fuzion points out all Windows after xp will not emulate the sounds as well.

You could look around for an xp pc second hand,I don't know what a tower 2nd hand would be -I paid £110  six years ago,which to some may seem a lot! However, despite the update issues now with xp I do have the Rolls Royce of computers when it comes to playing the slot emulations. :notworthy:  :notworthy:

And that for me is priceless :cute: -

Maybe in time it will become a rare antique-lol :err:

Jay

I have an XP proff disc with a product key :biglaugh:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

@ I have finished I think this is what you're looking for.

jpemu each way nudger

Attached Files

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

I'm happy to emulate SRU if someone gets me the info for it.

It'll be a month or two before I get time to look at it, but gather the resources and I'll get 'em running.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#11 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

Vex, this uses the wrong samples! The one at Weymouth used totally different sounds. I think you sent me MK III layout with the MK II sounds accidentally, we all make mistakes mate, I'm not having a go. I just can't stand the choppy sound in MFME, even in V2 I still get choppy sounds on Win 7 and 10. I think Win 7 is worse though.

#12 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

I think I have finished means the impact rebuild mk 3 version vecs that runs on impact tech. I have a converted layout of this game on my pc so it runs in mfme.
Hold the bells mate.

#13 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

okies no probs. I also have a £15 version of this didn,t know they went that high (jp) on this machine

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#14 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

I'm happy to emulate SRU if someone gets me the info for it.

It'll be a month or two before I get time to look at it, but gather the resources and I'll get 'em running.

I'd be happy for you to emulate SRU, too! :)

Probably the tech I would, personally, like to see done the most.  I started my playing career on the evil swines.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#15 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hi Tommy C, Please PM me this layout so I can see it, I will then OK it. The real machine I remember playing had different sounds altogether to the MK II machine, like when it had holds showing, a little 3 note chord sequence would play, and when the nudges came, it played a little melody as you nudged. I've seen an MPS tech emulated of this, I believe one of yours, but it plays choppy. I wanted to see the impact tech one running in MFME so please PM it to me with keyboard shortcuts in a text file, or in the message. Thanks, I have finished.

#16 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:47 PM

I'd be happy for you to emulate SRU, too! :)

Probably the tech I would, personally, like to see done the most.  I started my playing career on the evil swines.

It's not a tech I know anything about really, I hated these machines as I never won on them. But they are a classic machine and a part of fruit machine history. I'm happy to get them running in future, it should be quite easy to get running compared to epoch.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users