• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:06 AM

Hi everyone, I must say that so far I am best impressed with the quality of play in project amber.  The stereophonic sounds on my 2.1 system are incredible to say the least.  I was just wondering what the Project Amber online means, what it does?  I also wanted to ask, if you leave a game and then re-load the layout, do you get a game with a clear RAM each time?  Or is there a way to delete the RAM in Project Amber so if the machine has already paid, you can stand a better chance of payout with a fresh game each time you delete the RAM.   Anyway before I finish my waffle, I also wanted to commend Guitar for his excellent work with Project Amber and also to all those who have produced layouts for it.  They have killed a lot of boredom for me at times and I have had loads of fun playing the layouts, even the MFME versions Thanks K.S :radar:

Edited by krayzeestyles, 16 March 2016 - 01:13 AM.

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

Project Amber online was where you actually played online with a password and you then got to play against other players it gave the emulation side a more realistic play. Say I played good vibrations for instance and just roll £75 out of it then you can along and played it, the likelihood of you winning was rare just like playing the real arcades . there was also mini games to win free money, a chat or shoutbox. Basically Amber took Mfme to a whole new level in gameplay. Now guitars revising amber1 into Amber2 a higher quality emulator capable of 2D and eventually 3D layout's with new Tech's being added again this will be online with more challenges n games.
Also there's work underway with MAME/MFME hopefully bringing scorp5 and other newer Tech's to the play table.
So I'm hoping 2016/17 will herald a new or a big turning point in fruit machine emulation. But when this does happen lets all not forget what started it all off in the first place!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:03 AM

I assume you are playing offline as the server has been off for months.

When you exit an offline game it asks you if you want to save the game, that includes the RAM so if you say no, it will restart from where the game was before you played. If you say yes then the current RAM is saved.

To clear the RAM...

1) go to "Debug > System Board 1".

2) 3 windows will open, close the Hardware IO window and the peripherals viewer window.

3) you should now be left with the debug suite window. In the middle towards the bottom is a RAM clear button.

4) you may well be prompted "are you sure" say yes.

Then you can close the debug suite window.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#4 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Thanks Veccie and Guitar :cute:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users