• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

http://www.reddwarf....000/12/08/rdfm/

Did this ever pass test? Today is the first I have ever heard of it.
The article is dated Dec 2000. Would this be one of Reds first machines? Were they part of Barcrest Group back then?

Is there a history of Red anywhere on the net? When I googled i found this, but not much else

lol

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:18 AM

As far as I remember Red Gaming were originally a wholly owned subsidiary of Barcrest, before being spun-off into a limited company still linked to the new Barcrest owners, finally ending up as a completely independent company under one of the old shareholders (now dormant).

It would have been separated from Barcrest around the time of the article you linked.

#3 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

We have the roms for this machine but with them being Red Gaming they don't run in any current emulator.  Interesting listening to the sounds though as you CAN load these into MFME ;)

Be good to see this running properly!

#4 Sonnie

Sonnie

• Gold Supporters
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

From what I have read this only made a trade show? How many were made if any? I love the early Red Gaming machines and Red Dwarf, sounds like a good combination.

Cannot see any decent photos on Google.

#5 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

Must of failed as I have never seen or heard of a Red Dwarf fruit machine!! Looks interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users