Note Acceptor Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

Has anybody any ideas on why the JCM note acceptor in my Enhanced Rio might have stopped working please?

It's been fine and then suddenly the lights on the front don't light up and it won't accept notes.

When I put it in test the lights illuminate and it accepts all notes correctly, but as soon as I close the door it's dead again.

Nothing on the machine has been changed and on switch on it initialises like it's always done, but once machine has finished booting.... nothing :(

Been messing with it for well over and hour but can't get any joy, there's no trapped or dodgy looking wires, so I really have no clue as to what's gone wrong.

Thanks

#2 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

Without stating the obvious, is the machine "topped" up ? eg hopper balance ok for it to accept notes ?

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#3 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

Yes mate it is lol

#4 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

I just remembered I have a spare JCM so I tried that one, and although it initialises, it won't work even when in test.

The dips are set the same on both, but the chip you can see through the window seems to be different, should that make a difference?  The spare one seems to be newer than the original one.

#5 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

Ok so half the problem sorted.

Suddenly the original notey has decided it wants to work fine again, not done anything different, well apart from swearing profusely at it  :mad:

Maybe a loose wire or connection when door was closed, who can tell, anyway I'm not messing with it again unless it starts playing up again.

The spare one though still won't do anything apart from initialise.  If came out of my scorpion 5 machine and worked fine and the only difference I can see, like I said before, is the chip has a different number on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users