#41 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

Guitars got the brains I got the looks and the IQ of a squashed hedgehog lol. Best ban us both lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#42 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

Another timely reminder. For reasons that I haven't so far been able to pin down (rofl) there have been a rush of duplicate accounts listed in the last couple of days.

Anyone creating duplicate accounts in order to circumvent the download limits can expect to have their accounts deleted and banned.

If you don't like the free download limits, please consider supporting the site. It's not particularly expensive and it means that you're supporting the hosting, upgrading and continuing development that the site needs to continue serving its wider membership.

Thank you.

#43 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:32 PM

Another timely reminder. For reasons that I haven't so far been able to pin down (rofl) there have been a rush of duplicate accounts listed in the last couple of days.

Anyone creating duplicate accounts in order to circumvent the download limits can expect to have their accounts deleted and banned.

If you don't like the free download limits, please consider supporting the site. It's not particularly expensive and it means that you're supporting the hosting, upgrading and continuing development that the site needs to continue serving its wider membership.

Thank you.

A few of these might be from old members, who for 'one reason or another', have decided to come back 'here' under new usernames... it has always been the case.

I do understand though that a majority will be doing what you have said - 'for one reason or another'... ;) 

• ady likes this

#44 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

Nope these are all people making multiple accounts within minutes of each other, so definitely not just members with forgotten accounts.

#45 geegee-11

geegee-11

• Regulars
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

i had nearly all the downloads on my computer that decided to say i dont want to work for you anymore which included ducks of hazzard which i did a classic on (for some reason isnt there anymore) thanks to hts so i lost all that didnt come on here for quite some time but never forgot my username or password even after a few years and have downloaded quite a few back to memory stick this time so if this blows i ve still got some.

why not put the download section to a place so you have to donate to have access?

#46 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

I don't agree with people being forced to pay anything to access downloads, so forcing donations would be a very bad move Imo.

Money is tight for many who don't even have a quid to spare, so it doesn't matter how cheap things are.

At the moment people can get layouts from 3 different sources so download limit restrictions shouldn't be an issue for anyone who is merely downloading mfme v5 layouts.

#47 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

I don't agree with people being forced to pay anything to access downloads, so forcing donations would be a very bad move Imo.

Money is tight for many who don't even have a quid to spare, so it doesn't matter how cheap things are.

At the moment people can get layouts from 3 different sources so download limit restrictions shouldn't be an issue for anyone who is merely downloading mfme v5 layouts.

I can't read anywhere in Amusements posts where he is in anyway forcing members to contribute!

He merely makes a suggestion which I more than echo.

I agree money is tight for many. Yet I don't agree with members or none members creating multiple accounts to in some way take advantage of the site.

Jay

#48 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:59 PM

I've no plans to force payment, it would be fundamentally wrong. But the limit for free downloads is there for very good reason - it's not fair on anyone who contributes in any way to the site if there are others in the background taking the proverbial, sometimes for personal gain.

#49 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

I've no plans to force payment, it would be fundamentally wrong. But the limit for free downloads is there for very good reason - it's not fair on anyone who contributes in any way to the site if there are others in the background taking the proverbial, sometimes for personal gain.

More than agree Amusements.

Jay

#50 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

£2 a month to be a gold supporter cheep  as chips 

Posted Image

#51 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:55 AM

I can't read anywhere in Amusements posts where he is in anyway forcing members to contribute!

He merely makes a suggestion which I more than echo.

I agree money is tight for many. Yet I don't agree with members or none members creating multiple accounts to in some way take advantage of the site.

Jay

Perhaps I should have quoted it, but I was referring to the last line in the post above mine "why not put the download section to a place so you have to donate to have access?"

I've no problem in being a site supporter myself and in fact, should have done so, when my sub, ran out last time, so will now lol

#52 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:05 AM

Perhaps I should have quoted it, but I was referring to the last line in the post above mine "why not put the download section to a place so you have to donate to have access?"

I've no problem in being a site supporter myself and in fact, should have done so, when my sub, ran out last time, so will now lol

I do see what you mean. Thank you for supporting the site, it's very much appreciated.

#53 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

Too many posts to quote and I'm not as good at it as Geddy  ;)

Suffice to say someone has already stated on another forum, that they will be making a fortune on ebay from this.  So anything which will slow them down in grabbing everything 'yesterday' has got to be a good thing imho.

#54 geegee-11

geegee-11

• Regulars
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

it was me that suggested it as an idea but obviously everyone doesnt agree which is fine just thought it could be an option but also think that when they are making multiple accounts to download they are (maybe not) doing it so they can put it on disc and sell other peoples hard work on e bay.

never mind though sorry guys

#55 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

Thank you.

Can I ask please, does the duplicate account deletion and ban only apply to people who are trying to download everything asap, or does it include duplicate accounts in general ie people with more than one account which they have created over the years for whatever reason, as well?

I might have over worded the above so to put it more concisely, how many live accounts is one person allowed to have?

#56 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

It depends on the reason and purpose of multiple accounts.
If they are proven to have been used for nefarious or malicious purposes then it's probably a ban.

One account set up to game the download limits will simply be deleted, further vexatious and continuing creations of accounts will mean a ban.

Old accounts that people have genuinely forgotten about but are still active, or new accounts that users set up because they forget passwords, should generally be merged. If someone has an account access problem they should have used the reset facility or contacted me before they created a new one...

Long story short, in an ideal world no one should have more than one live account.

#57 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

I reached the free limit but decided that I wanted to download some of my fave machines so decided to pay for the privilege to do just that :) 

#58 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

It depends on the reason and purpose of multiple accounts.
If they are proven to have been used for nefarious or malicious purposes then it's probably a ban.

One account set up to game the download limits will simply be deleted, further vexatious and continuing creations of accounts will mean a ban.

Old accounts that people have genuinely forgotten about but are still active, or new accounts that users set up because they forget passwords, should generally be merged. If someone has an account access problem they should have used the reset facility or contacted me before they created a new one...

Long story short, in an ideal world no one should have more than one live account.

Thanks for the reply, I came across 2 this morning which should then at least be merged, both being from well known members.

I totally agree with the last sentence as well, so better write it on the calendar as it doesn't happen very often lol ;)

#59 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:58 PM

Reading all of the posts these days is difficult, so they don't always come to my attention. The system picks up a lot of duplicates automatically automatically, but it's not infallible.

#60 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

I think I had one, made when I got my dementia, so as I could pop on incognito, but typical me, I 'forgot' about it!

It is username 'forgetmenot''!

The irony... delete it if you want... I never used it for posting anyway lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users