54 replies to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

A working link to the "What you could've won" video? I'm trying to show someone and all I can find is dead links.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

Need the raw video?

#3 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

Such talent...

Totally wasted because of egos and betrayal from within.

I hope they managed to get some DXes made for some of those classics - they probably did with all the resources that the FME community had gathered - just for them sadly it seems!

#4 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

That was a while ago as well - I wonder if we'll see another one at some point with all the techs that have been added since!

Real shame :(

#5 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Such talent...

Totally wasted because of egos and betrayal from within.

I hope they managed to get some DXes made for some of those classics - they probably did with all the resources that the FME community had gathered - just for them sadly it seems!

from what i've read @dadsfme topic about Project Amber2,  maybe the same "ego's" that rear their heads now and again could drive Amber into a premature grave, Again thats the problem with fruit machine land anything good that happens or is happening is usaully spoilt by the few, maybe thats what happened to killcrazy's epoch he got fed up with all the whinging n moaning.

I wasn,t around when wizard pulled the mfme plug but i've read various oldie topics enough to know the reasons behind the withdrawal, mainly the great mfme9.4 leak but i expect there was other underlying reasons too.

So for the sake of the future of FME give guitar the respect he deserves he maybe our only hope of a new dawn in fm3D emulation.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#6 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

So for the sake of the future of FME give guitar the respect he deserves he maybe our only hope of a new dawn in fm3D emulation.

Errm... why are you singling me put please?

I resepct everyone, no matter who they are or what they do. But I aslo say things as I see it... I always have and will have every intention of keep doing so whilst I still can.

I thought you knew that and learned that by now -  I hope I won't have to keep on reminding you of it...

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

I have Not singled you (stardust/daryl) out infact I have not  mentioning yourself, read the topic over there to get the full details, as far as I'm aware you can,t wait to see the new amber2 in al its glory totally the opposite of some other's

sorry if I've offended yourself I didn,t mean too maybe I worded the post incorrectly I apologise for that

regards Vectra666 

#8 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

if you go over to dad's its like they are goading guitar to pull the plug.The sense of entitlement is ridiculous and i for one admire his patience and fortitude in ignoring the naysayers.

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

this was what I was getting at ritdav personally I feel it takes the piss!! one guy trying to bring the scene forward to the 21st century yet people diss' whatever he's trying to do.

Personally if Amber eventually goes back online and if it is just as good as the original that's where i'll be it's far better than ANY current emulators capabilities that's in the public domain, So good it was even affecting my layout creating as I was spending more time in his virtual arcade than creating lol.

#10 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

I actually enjoy watching that video, the emulator looks a lot more advanced than the old mfme, the reel masks look great.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#11 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

if you go over to dad's its like they are goading guitar to pull the plug.The sense of entitlement is ridiculous and i for one admire his patience and fortitude in ignoring the naysayers.

The day anyone gives something up because of a post by Altharic is the day they should give up on life. He is just a troll, since he gave up being helpful to fme.

#12 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

I wasn,t around when wizard pulled the mfme plug but i've read various oldie topics enough to know the reasons behind the withdrawal, mainly the great mfme9.4 leak but i expect there was other underlying reasons too.

Enlighten me please as I was around then and from the beginning and I still do not have a jar of glue...

#13 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

Not exactly true, yes Alth is there with his charm but mainly people are getting frustrated because of missed 'coder imposed deadlines' and then coders asking 'us' what we want and then not taking that on board.  Remember it's not always the lowly members who are at fault.  Look what happened with killcrazy and the EPOCH emulator, he got all the support and enthusiasm any scene could give and he just effed off.... not the members fault but the coders.

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

geddy, youve been around more than most. Why has wizard not released an update - given that MAME is now open source?

its such a talent thats seemingly going to waste.

#15 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

I wouldn't give Altharic the satisfaction of allowing him to make me stop.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#16 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

Wizard can only answer that anything else is pure speculation.

Absolutely nothing to do with geddy.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#17 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

but he logs on every day and says nothing?

#18 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

but he logs on every day and says nothing?

So, to be honest nails... that says it all about how much he loves the scene he more or less created,  doesn't it - and answers the question for you ;)

#19 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Didn't know this existed, bwb vids running :(

#20 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

Didn't know this existed, bwb vids running :(

Catch up. Did you not hear the row over the Internet when Wizard posted it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users