SR5 coinmech help for bellfruit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 luckymatt1988

luckymatt1988

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum so I would like to say a big warm hello.

So I've got a problem I have a bell fruit who wants to be a legionnaire fruit machine. It has been good to me for the past couple of years till now.
As with most people have noticed by now 2014-2015 5p,10p coins have slightly increased in size and that is a big problem for owners like us. My problem is my Sr5 coinmech won't accept them at all I do know the Sr5 can be programed to accept them but I just don't know how to do it. I have followed the manual for the Sr5 to place it to 0 and press and hold the program button for 2 secs to go into the tech mode but my mech just won't do it.

People are telling me to just use old coins but I would prefer to solve the problem. As the years go bye the problem is just going to get worse.

So if anyone could tell me how to do it I would be really greatful. Thank you. Matt

#2 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

You need a mech reprogrammer to get the mech to accept the new coins. You can't do it using the teach option on the mech. Think that is for allowing the mech to accept different token types etc. using teach you may well get the coins to accept but they won't credit the machine.

#3 luckymatt1988

luckymatt1988

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:17 AM

I've read the manual for the Sr5 and it states it can be programed by using the teach mod on the mech for both tokens and coins as long as it is coins to the value which is stated on the mech. Which are 5,10,20,50,1.00,2.00 and tokens and also states no programmer is required.

This is what it states in the manual.
The rs5 is one of very few Mechs that can be reprogrammed without the need of a programmer and can simply be reprogrammed for both token and coins to the value of that on the mech by simply using mechtool.

Mechtool is a programmer which has been intergrated into the Sr5.

Teach coin mode by using mechtool -
Set rs to position 0,
Press and hold program button for a min of 2 secs,
Release the program button when the led flashes yellow,
Set rs to position 1 to teach coin,
Press and release the program button
Set rotary switch corresponding to window number to be taught e.g window 1 is 5p window 2 is 10p and so on,
Press and release the program button,
Enter 8 coins minimum,
Set rs to 0,
Press and hold program button for 2 secs
Coins should now be reprogrammed. The problem is I can't get onto the mechtool mod I have set the rs to 0 then press and held the program button for 2 seconds.

#4 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:33 AM

I thought this was sc4 not sc5. I could be wrong tho. 

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#5 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

I thought this was sc4 not sc5. I could be wrong tho. 

Sr5 is a coin mech not a bellfruit tech (sc4 or sc5)

#6 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

I've read the manual for the Sr5 and it states it can be programed by using the teach mod on the mech for both tokens and coins as long as it is coins to the value which is stated on the mech. Which are 5,10,20,50,1.00,2.00 and tokens and also states no programmer is required.

This is what it states in the manual.
The rs5 is one of very few Mechs that can be reprogrammed without the need of a programmer and can simply be reprogrammed for both token and coins to the value of that on the mech by simply using mechtool.

Mechtool is a programmer which has been intergrated into the Sr5.

Teach coin mode by using mechtool -
Set rs to position 0,
Press and hold program button for a min of 2 secs,
Release the program button when the led flashes yellow,
Set rs to position 1 to teach coin,
Press and release the program button
Set rotary switch corresponding to window number to be taught e.g window 1 is 5p window 2 is 10p and so on,
Enter 8 coins minimum,
Set rs to 0,
Press and hold program button for 2 secs
Coins should now be reprogrammed. The problem is I can't get onto the mechtool mod I have set the rs to 0 then press and held the program button for 2 seconds.

You can do similar with a 126dx mech to teach it to accept coins that are slightly different in spec. You cannot program a new coin setup with the mech alone, channels etc do have to be reporgrammed as i understand. I am also guessing the Sr5 mechs require the same PC based programming software to setup new coin sets or overwrite existing ones.

You can get them professionally reprogrammed from as little as around £20 + postage each way.

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:49 PM

Just to add to what Mavroz has mentioned, Coin Controls (Now part of Crane Group) SR5 series mechs, are the replacement for the earlier C335 / C435, but unlike the earlier C series, they appear to be more complicated to re-program, with some places even refusing to touch them.

As for the teach mode you speak of, this is intended for TOKEN use, due to the varying types of tokens used.

On the MARS / MEI Cashflow 126 series Mavroz has mentioned, I understand there is some sort of hack used to run the steel spec 10p's, using this teach function, but it don't always work, and security wise, is quite risky.

You could give steveh from MPU Mecca a shout via his site (I also have a contact in Leicester, but I know he is quite loathed to deal with SR5 mechs) and see what he can do for you if you are interested in getting your mech re-programed.

http://www.swallowam...uk/services.htm

You can do similar with a 126dx mech to teach it to accept coins that are slightly different in spec. You cannot program a new coin setup with the mech alone, channels etc do have to be reporgrammed as i understand. I am also guessing the Sr5 mechs require the same PC based programming software to setup new coin sets or overwrite existing ones.

You can get them professionally reprogrammed from as little as around £20 + postage each way.

#8 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

The 126 workaround for the new 10p does work 100%. It involves setting the new steel 10p coins up as tokens and a small modification depending on how the mech has been programmed.

#9 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

The 126 workaround for the new 10p does work 100%. It involves setting the new steel 10p coins up as tokens and a small modification depending on how the mech has been programmed.

Is this common knowledge mavroz? If so, would you share how to do it please? Would be handy for my home machines. Not bothered about security. Thanks

Edited by No1Stoney, 20 May 2015 - 08:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users