Barcrest Blackjack Club

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi - unable to find any information on this machine.  I presently own it but am looking to sell (probably via ebay) does anyone have an idea of the value of the machine to start the aucton at?  Or anything I need to look out on th unit, faults, etc?

It is in pretty good nick, lights, sounds, display, etc are all working.

Currently unable to get my pound coins out of it - seems they do not come out in the tray at the bottom along with the 20p's.  I think they drop above it - there is a small lock just under the Blackjack logo but the I cannot open it - seems half a key is stuck inside it! Doh

I saw the sticky - not sure if I would be allowed to post an ad for sale - would I be classed as a regular user??  Joined back in 2008 but only made a few posts.

2rxjfh0.jpg

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

The pound coins go into a hopper in the middle top of the machine. You'll need to drill the lock out, or if there is half a key already stuck in there you could try fiddling about in the lock with a small screwdriver and it might come open.

You're classed as a new member, unfortunately. Site Supporter status starts at only £1.

#3 Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for the reply - probaly will get it cleaned up and look to join for a quid and then will post the ad.

Any idea of the value?  Did not want to under (or over) value it - and unable to see any ebay auction history on this machine to give me an idea

#4 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the reply - probaly will get it cleaned up and look to join for a quid and then will post the ad.

Any idea of the value?  Did not want to under (or over) value it - and unable to see any ebay auction history on this machine to give me an idea

Any machine is, as a general rule of thumb, worth:
1. The sum of it's parts, give or take. Probably 50 to 80 for this.
2. Any uplift for desirability of the specific machine or style of machine.
3. Demand. If no one wants one like that at the moment, your bargaining power is limited.

It's usually worth trying to get £100 for a working machine in decent condition. Doesn't mean you'll achieve it though.

If anyone else has a better idea then hopefully they will post an opinion.

#5 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

Quite a collectable machine, to the right person maybe £150 providing all working and not battery damaged mobo.

#6 launton

launton

• Regulars
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

I own this mpu4 and unless it's an upgraded machine? this should a tube/solenoid payout, and you can access your £1's and 50p coins by opening the back of the machine and manually flipping the payout slides.  I'd say £100 working. The key under the logo is the refill key.  Ignore it. 

#7 Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

Many thanks for the replies - least I know I can ignore that refill key now.

I did get the back opened up as well - had a quick look and could just see the tubes (think there were three) with two going to the very bottom and the 3rd sort of going into the from of the machine - thats why I thought it may have been going into that area.

I will take another look - probably at the weekend - so will open the back, how do I flip the payout sides??  Are they easy to spot??

I have provided a pic of the opened up machine...

24w66hj.jpg

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

You can remove the whole payout unit from the machine. Basically the bit on the left with the tubes in will slide back, you may have to undo a screw or bolt first.

You may also need to disconnect wiring plug/s (or it might just have a slide-in/out connector).

Carefully invert the whole unit and any coins inside will rapidly be all over the floor...

Closer inspection of the picture suggests that it has the small metal plunger/knob on the right of the payout unit that you simply grasp and pull upwards in order to slide the payout shelf backwards and out.

Edited by aaamusements, 30 April 2015 - 12:54 PM.
Addition

#9 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

You have 2 options (3 if you go via the machines pay slide test function).... either lift out the payout unit as previously described and tip it upside down, or if you look on the back of each solanoid at the base of each tube, there is a red tab, that you can manually pump with your fingers.

#10 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

But bear in mind that some solenoids had plastic tubular shields fitted around the middles to avoid criminals manipulating them with tools through holes made in the cabinets.

#11 launton

launton

• Regulars
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

But bear in mind that some solenoids had plastic tubular shields fitted around the middles to avoid criminals manipulating them with tools through holes made in the cabinets.

Wow thanks for explaining that Alex I'd always wondered why they did that.  You live and learn :)

#12 Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

Worked a treat that - managed just to slide out as explained.

I have now put the machine up on ebay

#13 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

Worked a treat that - managed just to slide out as explained.

I have now put the machine up on ebay

The problem with eBay is that most machines tend to get removed these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users