31 replies to this topic

#1 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

POPULAR

Popped into to see the guys from Electrocoin today (well John actually), since im working close to their site. I asked him a few questions in regards to resources, in particular original artwork for labrynth and any other older machine.

His response was rather positive to say the least, saying he would try his hardest to look through whats left of their archive and gather whatever old stuff is required. what really turned my head was when I saw a £100 jackpot labrynth right in front of me! its a video based machine with the original graphics! WOW.

so their it is, when needed just ask and I`ll see what I can get

Edited by nails, 27 April 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#2 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Sounds good :)

There is a £70 video based version so I would guess it's a straight £100 upgrade?

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#3 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

Shit the bed.

Quality.  Can't see the skill stops and reel skill being truthful............

:)

NQ.

#4 letmein

letmein

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Cant wait been waiting for Electrocoin Emu's for ever and ever and ever...

Happy days.

M

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

was very impress with the labrnth stuff. its part of a compendium pack aimed at the pub market - where you will find people who remember it!!

#6 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

Sorry for being dumb, but are you saying that they (he) doesn't mind emulation of the hi techs, and has even agreed to supply resources?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#7 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Sorry for being dumb, but are you saying that they (he) doesn't mind emulation of the hi techs, and has even agreed to supply resources?

With those being dead techs I see why not. Could make people think seeing how the old ones are fun the new £100's will be just as good!

As for Bar X etc I could see that being the thorn. Think back to Empire, don't bite the hand that feeds you if this is the case.

#8 Rat-Race74

Rat-Race74

BWB FIEND

• Regulars
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

Sounds good :)

There is a £70 video based version so I would guess it's a straight £100 upgrade?

Yep it's on the direct upgraded Vegas Strip machines.

10coto1.jpg

• spa likes this

#9 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

Shit the bed.

Quality.  Can't see the skill stops and reel skill being truthful............

:)

NQ.

Deadly machine alert!

And to those who think it is a recreation of its classic self,don't be fooled by this modern garbage-which eats and eats money. :nah:

True it mirrors the format of the original slot but with a deadly pot twist-where by you have to complete a word trail to have a stab at the pots-which usually gives you some other lame feature.

You see a lot of these in the service stations.

Sadly NQ although the features within the Labrynth game are similar to the original slot-they do not operate at the same game speed as the original-hence you have as much chance of skill stopping the jackpot as you would have winning 5 numbers and the bonus on the lottery! :err:

I also doubt this could be emulated due to the games using windows xp-could be windows 8-but am unsure over this.

Probably a simulation could be attempted.

That said I echo some of the comments re an emulation of the original game. Would be great to see many of the Electocoin slots emulated.

Jay

#10 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

I'll echo the comments about the video versions of these classics..... though it's nice to see them back (I've had a go on these at the ICE shows), they don't play anything like the old classics.

The Bar-X type machines, these have now been updated to run on the Heber Pluto 6 (Maybe 5, not quite sure) system in their compact versions, and at this years ICE on part of Novamatic's stand (Stands to reason that Novamatic build the cabs for Electrocoin), they have now got an LCD fitted to the top glass, where stakes and awards can be changed at will etc..... again, these two versions don't play anything like the previous versions.

As for resources, Dave @ Classic Reels (Mr P's), has been in touch with the likes of John and Kevin Weir etal, and has unearthed some quite fantastic machines that are on the rare side, including one that plays like Red White & Blue, but it's payout is located in the top glass, and works on a rather funky looking hopper system.

Edited by stanmarsh14, 28 April 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#11 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

Obviously these can never play like the originals, there are way too many Jackpot steels on easy to get features.   The original was a masterpiece of a machine, it really was.   The feature board alone was inspired, some awesome hi-tech machines from Electrocoin in the 90's.   This is what was so great about the 20p £6 jackpot era, regular jackpots and hardly any serious dead patches.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#12 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

Obviously these can never play like the originals, there are way too many Jackpot steels on easy to get features.   The original was a masterpiece of a machine, it really was.   The feature board alone was inspired, some awesome hi-tech machines from Electrocoin in the 90's.   This is what was so great about the 20p £6 jackpot era, regular jackpots and hardly any serious dead patches.

J

Ditto to all you say above.

Up to leaving the Isle of White there was a working original Labrynth in an arcade in Shanklin.

Sadly I don't have a camera phone nor was I able to take a picture(with a camera) as it was near to where the staff paced up and down!

It was a joy to play-it was set at 20p/£8 cash.

And it gave a cracking game-the best days I remember where you were happy losing as a tenner and it would last you several hours :cute:

find%20us%20and%20contactShanklin%20Seaf

Jay

Edited by gemini17, 28 April 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#13 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

yes guitar, obviously old techs only

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

yes guitar, obviously old techs only

Great news, if you are going down there again, any chance you could ask what he considers too new? Baby Bar-X mk1 for instance is old tech, but there's still a few active in arcades (getting a lot less now though :( ).

I'm not trying to be awkward to you, it would be nice to know from the manufacturer where they draw the line so we can support that. The only other time (i am aware of) we had support from a manufacturer, the scene pissed all over it.

It is my personal aim to be manufacturer friendly when it comes to emulation, so I will happily support any restrictions they may wish to place over which techs / roms we can use. But in order to do that, we need an official word from them.

If you don't want to I'll happily get in contact myself, I just didn't want to tread on your toes as you have opened a successful line of communication already.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:36 PM

And also it would be nice to have in writing, just in case, and in order to avoid any possible confusion in the future...
  • spa likes this

#16 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

I think Electrocoin still use Phoenix for their lo-tech stuff and their are lots still in circulation including rebuilds.  Their latest hi-tech stuff will most likely be Scorp5 or 6 based.

J

#17 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

I think Electrocoin still use Phoenix for their lo-tech stuff and their are lots still in circulation including rebuilds.  Their latest hi-tech stuff will most likely be Scorp5 or 6 based.

J

They are still using Phoenix, especially on their hi-tec stuff, but on the lower end, it's Heber Pluto 5 / 6.

#18 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

J

My Deadmans Treasure is S5. That's a £70 so would guess most of their £70 machines would be the same.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#19 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

I can't imagine that they use Phoenix for there hi-tech stuff, it just wouldn't make any sense, they build them into Bellfruit cabinets so I'd say defo S5 or S6, the lo-tech stuff most probably Phoenix,   Pluto maybe the video stuff.

J

#20 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

I was on a browse for JPeMu stuff, but had to read this thread. Yep almost wet myself too, at least Nails did his bit and something is looking promising for FME again at least! If not Epoch, at least Electrocoin! And video slots too! Keep it up guys! I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread for a long time, hopefully we'll have an Electrocoin resources thread. Will the roms load in Guitar's sound tool or will a new one be designed? I fancy the Bar X machines that are in every arcade nowadays. And yes, Yarmouth has lots of these! lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users