• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikehibbert

mikehibbert

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hi

I have a problem with my Star Wars Dark Side MPU6 machine. It's started to show the Hopper Error 17 code, according to the manual this is a Hopper Fault or Hopper Disconnected. 

I've gone through the setting a few times, have removed the hopper and cleaned it out. I can get the hopper to release coins so i think it's mechanically ok. The Comms Test is showing Port Fail though. 

I managed (by looking at settings) to get the note dispenser to give the same message, but sorted that by setting the BNV setting to "no bnv fitted" (or similar). I was hoping I could do the same to the coins but the setting option only tells me the key is valid. I can't switch it off. 

Any ideas?

Mike

#2 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Sounds like a ground or loom fault, you wouldnt normally have 2 of roughly the same errors all of sudden, its unlikley the hopper has failed, have a good look at the connections to the MPU. Comms test is for connecting to an external source, a Master top board or another machine etc.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#3 mikehibbert

mikehibbert

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

I've wiggled everything and it looks ok, but no joy. I wondered if I have messed up a setting somewhere?

#4 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

If its using serial devices  the fault could be any one of those  as they often complain about a hopper  even when its a fault with the coin mech  et  IF its serial  check everything on it or try them connected 1 at a time with just hopper connected first.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users