Photo

How NOT to create a support request on a free forum...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

29 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

you sent my registration e-mail with the wrong spelling:

cc*********y@googlemail.com
I would like the link sent for another e-mail activation sometime soon if thats not to much trouble..!!

Asterisks have been inserted to protect privacy... note that the email that was apparently wrong was EXACTLY as they keyed it in when they registered. The system is automated and can't change the email address that the user enters...

I was working a long day shift so I didn't notice the support request or get the email that evening.

Note the time and date of the next "polite reminder" that was received:

30 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

HOW MANY DAYS DO I HAVE TO WAIT..???

YOU HAVE SENT THE WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR ACTIVATION...I CANNOT RE-REGISTER AS MY DETAILS ARE ALREADY BEEN USED..

I WOULD LIKE AN ACTIVATION TO CONFIRM SIGN UP..!!!!

c*********y@googlemail.com...........

my e-mail was put out as cc*********y@googlemail.com........

this is not my e-mail address..!

This one is not an isolated incident. It seems to happen regularly (and it happened to Duplu too)!

#2 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

If I got that from someone I'd tell them to shove it. On a free forum you can't expect a response out of hours within 12 hours of the original request.

• ady likes this

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

Indeed. This was my response:

1. You input your email address wrong. The system can't change it. Your mistake. The email was correctly sent out to the wrong email address that YOU provided.

2. Your account is already activated anyway. I probably did it myself manually when I saw that your account was still awaiting validation.

3. Have you paid for a service here? If you had then I could understand your indignation at not getting a response within 24 hours... However unfortunately I work, I don't sit here all day waiting to sort out self-created problems by rude people signing up to a free website!

Very restrained at the moment... will see if I get a reply...

#4 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

some horrible ignorant people out there

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

some horrible ignorant people out there

Indeed, as Alex said too we used to get some right snotty messages..............or they were once deciphered! 

#6 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Should work in It support get these all the time.

#7 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Here is another one from 30th December:

this site is shite

wrench32:

I am still waiting for the validation email, why the hell has this site changed so much since last time I used it cuz it is shit now so please don't bother sending me the validation email & just remove me from the members as I don't want to be a part of this shite

They had used a Hotmail email address - we have continuing issues with verification emails not getting to people's inboxes. However I try to manually check and verify any accounts on a fairly regular basis.

Needless to say "wrench32" got deleted.

#8 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Yep wrench32 is an apt name for him as he sounds and comes across as a first class tool ;)
Hold the bells mate.

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

I'm angry ...
Hi im quite upset about coming on here to download , and being told ive not done enough posts, i been using this site for 5 years and thats the thanks i get? i don't get it.

#10 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

I'm angry ...
Hi im quite upset about coming on here to download , and being told ive not done enough posts, i been using this site for 5 years and thats the thanks i get? i don't get it.

I'm genuinely pleased he/she does not get it. Delighted in fact.

bj

#11 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

I am not surprised one little bit.

I was a Business Customer Service Engineer for BT, for 30 years and I met some right arseholes in the execution of my daily duties. However you are receiving the same treatment from people who sign up to a free forum, is bang out of order. I can sympathize 100% with what you are saying!!!!

RDP.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#12 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

I'm angry ...

.....what was their post count?

#13 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

.....wha?t was their post count?

Attached File  download.png   4.85KB   1 downloads

As opposed to their total downloads at 433...

#14 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

LMAO 433 downloads and not one thank you post in 5 years.  Unbelievable!!

#15 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

takes the piss comes to mind,

I've always from day one regardless of post counts, said thankyou to any "new" layout I download admittedly not every download or my post count would be double what it is now Lol. Even if I've not downloaded stuff its called politeness for the hard work (of which I know now) taken and countless hours given towards every layout and resource I've used. As said many times it don,t take long and its only one word....

THANKYOU!  

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#16 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

takes the piss comes to mind,

I've always from day one regardless of post counts, said thankyou to any "new" layout I download admittedly not every download or my post count would be double what it is now Lol. Even if I've not downloaded stuff its called politeness for the hard work (of which I know now) taken and countless hours given towards every layout and resource I've used. As said many times it don,t take long and its only one word....

THANKYOU!  

Its 2 actually, there's a space between thank and you.  There is a word thankyou, but not in the same context :D

bj

#17 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

:biglaugh:ok "thanks" for that lol there its one word lol :spinny:

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#18 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

Asterisks have been inserted to protect privacy... note that the email that was apparently wrong was EXACTLY as they keyed it in when they registered. The system is automated and can't change the email address that the user enters...

I was working a long day shift so I didn't notice the support request or get the email that evening.

Note the time and date of the next "polite reminder" that was received:

This one is not an isolated incident. It seems to happen regularly (and it happened to Duplu too)!

This is quite mild to some that I have witnessed and verified in the past here...

...I hope that the 'noobs' joining now will be more gentle with the new moderation team who are new to it all - they'll sure get an initiation with some that they may come across!  :bigeyes19:  lol

#19 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

What a complete hard faced numpty,that is all.

Hold the bells mate.

#20 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

Here is another one from 30th December:

They had used a Hotmail email address - we have continuing issues with verification emails not getting to people's inboxes. However I try to manually check and verify any accounts on a fairly regular basis.

Needless to say "wrench32" got deleted.

Had a recurrence of this "member" today. To say that they they came across as irrational today would be an understatement!

I'm going to have to screenshot all of the messages when I have time. You wouldn't believe it otherwise...

Edit: Here's a sneak preview...

Attached File  image.jpg   83.38KB   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users