• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Bought a cheap lappy that I knew had a boot fault.

Like normal the OS is held on the drive, I tried creating a new boot sector but the bloody thing insist's on just telling me it's attempting a self-fix....I don't want it to arghhhhh!!!!.................and in any case after an hour it can't do it anyway!

Tried F12 and altered all I know so-as to allow me to take control of it, but with no success :( (no other keys will respond).

A) Does anyone have a boot sector for Win8 I can put on a stick 

B) Has anyone had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

------------------------

I can easily wipe it I know, but I got it from a friend who has some treasured photo's on there that i'd love to give back.

Any help is appreciated.

#2 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Why dont you just wipe the entire partition and reinstall windows.. Why not try 7... haha, ten times better than that 8 shit anywho.. lol

#3 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

He has photos on there he'd like to keep are you booting from a full windows 8 disk?

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

Why dont you just wipe the entire partition and reinstall windows.. Why not try 7... haha, ten times better than that 8 shit anywho.. lol

As Alth said, I want to keep some Pic's.

He has photos on there he'd like to keep are you booting from a full windows 8 disk?

No mate, it's on a ghost partition, I was just hoping to obtain a new boot sector, can't see a download anywhere on the net. :(

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

File bellow is from my recovery partition, Dell Inspiron 3731 - Windows 8 x64.

As for the issue itself i've only had bootsect errors when loading from USB/DVD & not during normal boot.

#6 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

To add on to this, the issue could lie with UEFI, so if you have to install another partion to gain access to the files you'll need to use a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate x64 as they are the only variation which supports UEFI which is the standard with Windows 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users