Well, bit of a shocker this!

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Not good. They were undoubtedly the best service for that price point for certain larger/heavier packages.

#3 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, but they blew through the £40M investment in around a year - that's terminal for any chance of additional investment.

Shame about the timing though...

#4 SwIFT

SwIFT

• Regulars
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

I'm waiting on a parcel from Amazon which states the carrier is Citylink yet tracking number only works for Yodel.. expected delivery was 18th December and updated 'out for delivery' 24th December yet it never arrived. I was mad pissed because I waited up till 9pm cautiously listening out for the door.. I notice lot of plain vans dropping of parcels on behalf of couriers I guess the market is saturated like most others.. I love DPD because they've GPS trackers so you can monitor where they've been and the route they're heading along with project time updates etc.

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:01 AM

I'm waiting on a parcel from Amazon which states the carrier is Citylink yet tracking number only works for Yodel.. expected delivery was 18th December and updated 'out for delivery' 24th December yet it never arrived. I was mad pissed because I waited up till 9pm cautiously listening out for the door.. I notice lot of plain vans dropping of parcels on behalf of couriers I guess the market is saturated like most others.. I love DPD because they've GPS trackers so you can monitor where they've been and the route they're heading along with project time updates etc.

I had a delivery on X-mas eve last year & they just left it on my doorstep without even knocking the door to see if i was in. Could be worth rining Amazon up & seeing what the deal is as if it was left ona  doorstep it could have been stolen.

#6 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

if it was left ona  doorstep it could have been stolen.

Which is the whole reason Royal Mail leave a ticket, though there's no pleasing some people for us keeping an item secure, :(

#7 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

We have six parcels that should have been here for Christmas but never arrived. thankfully paid with credit card so can get money back. Feel sorry for the city link workers who found out Christmas Day that they may not have a job.

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

#8 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

city link are still delivering there contacted parcels there not accepting any more delivery contracts. so you will still get what you ordered online it will just take a bit of time.

always on the scrounge for freebies.

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

city link are still delivering there contacted parcels there not accepting any more delivery contracts. so you will still get what you ordered online it will just take a bit of time.

That's good then, they didn't make that clear on the news yesterday though!

#10 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

yeah they didn't make it clear but things have been halted until Monday so that the administrators can go through things but the company has a legal duty to complete all orders taken up until the day they classed themselves as being in administration.

always on the scrounge for freebies.

#11 SwIFT

SwIFT

• Regulars
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

I had a delivery on X-mas eve last year & they just left it on my doorstep without even knocking the door to see if i was in. Could be worth rining Amazon up & seeing what the deal is as if it was left ona  doorstep it could have been stolen.

Hey

my parcel was delivered at 7am this morning, was little surprised to hear knock at the door whilst making a drink but turned out to be Swedish or Polish guy from Yodel and he had actually left his van down the road and carried up the 16KG box 80 yards up the road lol.. Obviously there website talks crap when they claimed to have no backlog as reported by media as my chair took 10 days to deliver when it was scheduled as next day delivery

Hey

my parcel was delivered at 7am this morning, was little surprised to hear knock at the door whilst making a drink but turned out to be Swedish or Polish guy from Yodel and he had actually left his van down the road and carried up the 16KG box 80 yards up the road lol.. Obviously there website talks crap when they claimed to have no backlog as reported by media as my chair took 10 days to deliver when it was scheduled as next day delivery

What happened to the edit button? I'm not satisfied with the first chair they sent me as firstly it had no castor wheels and secondly the backrest is on the piss (lopsided at a slight angel and not sure how to fix it but is bugging the crap out of me).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users