Photo

Q: Bally Super Reels – Two technical questions!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KAF2000

KAF2000

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

I have a non-working Bally Super Bars four-reel em fruit machine.

Here is a picture of the machine below:

http://auctions.wing...c=1&sr.fs=20000

I had to remove the reels mechanism and free it up, and so the mechanics work exactly as they should. 

As an aside, there is a problem with the tension spring behind one of the big half cogs (welded on to the shaft) that returns the mechanism back to the home position when the handle has been pulled. It needs another 360 degree turn (at the moment an extra spring has been added which does the job and does not interfere with anything else). How do I wind this spring around another turn to get the correct tension, as access is pretty limited?

The next problem is, I think, with the handle assembly on the cabinet. The pull handle coil release works and it lights up 'pull handle' when a coin is placed in the 10p slot. However, the handle seems to hit a stopper inside the handle assembly just before it has gone around far enough to make the reel assembly reach its end of pull position.

The reel mechanism is able to complete a full pull out of the cabinet, but not once it has slotted in place. It is slotted and locked in place correctly and the hook that pulls the gears around cannot have slipped slip as it is on a shaft with flattened sides. It really does seem as if the handle is being stopped slightly too early, so the reels do not spin and the handle return plunger isn’t engaged.

Does this non-technical explanation make any sense to anybody, and is this a common problem with a solution that I am missing?

I can’t really tell whether the electrical part of this machine is fully functioning when the mechanics are making the whole thing lock up mid-pull.

Any help would be great!

Thanks - Keith

#2 KAF2000

KAF2000

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Solved: The handle wasn’t completing the full crank because the shelf supporting the reel mechanism had dropped slightly!

Now I have two lights on permanently: “Tilt” + “Player Collect”

When I insert a coin, it lights up “Pull handle” (but tilt and player collect stay on) and it unlocks the handle for a pull, which makes the reels spin correctly.

However, I do not think it is paying out.

Also, every time when you pull the handle without inserting a credit it makes both coin coils click.

The safety timer button in the bottom of the cabinet does nothing at any time, and the red light is not on.

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Keith

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Welcome Keith... This is fairly old tech for this site, so it's probably worth posting at the the Mecca as well. There are a few people there with a lot of experience with older mechanical tech.

Ah, just checked and seen that you are already aware of it:
http://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/15580-q-bally-super-reels-–-two-technical-questions/#entry250683

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users