MPU Mecca - new kick step rubber

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MPU Mecca

MPU Mecca

• Regulars
  • 10806 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

i am  currently  on my  next project   restoration  which is  exchanges  unlimited  .i will do  a  full thread  and  pics   at some  stage  but  i just  thought  id  share  a  small  bit  of  it  here  . a  few  years  ago  i got  a mpu3  adders  and  ladders and  noticed  that  it  had  a  different  style  of  foot  rubber on the  kick step .  i assumed  this  was  a  one  off  until i got  hold  of  the  exchanges  which also  had  the  same  style  of  rubber  so  now  it  made  me  want to  get  some  if  it  was  still available  .i went  back to  a  shop close  to where  i work  in birmingham  and  made  enquiries  . the  guy  in the  shop  was  very helpful but  only  had  in stock the  normal rubber  that  we usually  see  on the  steps  . i gave  him a sample  peice    so  he  could  go  to  his    suppliers and  find  out  if  it  was  indeed  available . well you  guessed  it  he  came  back a  week later  and  told  me  he  had  found  a  close  match . i went  in today and  picked  up  2 meters   which was more  than enough  to  do  about  15 machines  !  here are some  pics  of  the  rubber  and  comparison  shots  included  .

20141215_1608331.jpg20141215_1609591.jpg two pics  showing  the  old   piece  still on the  base  and  the  new  next to  it  for comparison 

20141215_1611001.jpg20141215_1938121.jpg this  shows  the  two  different  types  of  foot  rubber  used  on  80s  machines  that  i have  found  upto  now  . it  can be  seen that  they are  quite  a  bit  different    when on the  foot  step 20141215_1938191.jpg

i know  its  only  a  small thing to get  new  rubber  matting   for restoration purposes   but  there are  so  many   machines  that ive  come  across   which require  new  rubber so hopefully  this  will come  as  a  relief  to  some who are  thinking  of  renewing  their  machines  in the  same way. just  for  reference  here  is  the  place  i got  the  two different  types  of  rubber  from . he  charged  me  £20 per  2 meter  roll   so  i spent  £40 in total which i thought  was  quite  reasonable  .

20141215_1941101.jpg central rubber gaskets  ltd  

cheers 

nick

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users