36 replies to this topic

#1 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

Recently bought a job lot of old flyers, lots of stuff in there to do. Sadly like most flyers in the 80's the quality isn't great but still releasable.

Here's a couple of flyers for Stars 'n' Bars, same machine just slightly different layout. This basic lo-tech would make an ideal starting point for someone wanting to get into DXing.

I've attached the classic too.

Attached Files

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

Can't see due to images not showing up it thanks for the flyers, so is there any newbie creators out there gonna give it a go? I thought I'd be no good at dx'ing but gave it a go and 74 layouts later they're still shit lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Can't see due to images not showing up it thanks for the flyers, so is there any newbie creators out there gonna give it a go? I thought I'd be no good at dx'ing but gave it a go and 74 layouts later they're still shit lol.

They're not shit, just too small ;)

While this site gets sorted out Pook has very kindly posted the flyers at DADsFME....

http://dadsfme.co.uk....php?topic=70.0

#4 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Cheers Pook, ages and ages since I've done a DX... can't think of a snazzy technique to call them so will probably be ages again before I release another lol. 

#5 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

Cheers Pook, ages and ages since I've done a DX... can't think of a snazzy technique to call them so will probably be ages again before I release another lol.

Sure you knock up a BAF_EB_PC_WM_WDX

Click to visit my site.

#6 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Sadly like most flyers in the 80's the quality isn't great but still releasable.

To this day i'm kicking myself Dave.

I used to buy the Market Trader way before FME and the NET too...every edition there was a flyer in there.....if only i'd kept them all for some weird reason :(

#7 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for sharing. 

Hold the bells mate.

#8 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Bump!!

Come on, someone have a go

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

i,ll givie it a go but cant seam to copy/paste the images needed for dx'ing can someone zip em up for me please

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

edit to above post got the images from dadsfme i will give it a bash if no newbies wanna go, must be someone out there willing to take the plunge

, is there????

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

edit to above post got the images from dadsfme i will give it a bash if no newbies wanna go, must be someone out there willing to take the plunge

, is there????

Can we just not put these images on hold Vectra for when we do get someone interested..

I mean Dave only posted this 2 day's ago.....

#12 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

Once I upload I guess anyone can do as they please with it, but to be honest I did hope someone new might have a crack, lo-techs are obviously the best to start with. You only moan the other week Vecs that you were the only on actively DXing. Give someone else a crack at it.

Click to visit my site.

#13 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

At the end of the day it's just a flyer.  How long do we wait for someone to get interested with these resources? 

You simply cannot ask an active DX'er to slow down and not work on anything, did anyone ask/tell Pook not to use any resources, he's created many 100's of layouts, this is the reason why fme has a fantastic library of layouts to play, you really can't ask people to not use resources, it's just totally wrong in my view and has nothing to do with getting other people creating layouts.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#14 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

Perhaps in light of the recent issues with being able to view site content it's worth leaving a bit longer as it's possible there are people who haven't read the thread properly yet...

#15 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

So are all layout creators bound by this rule?   It's totally ridiculous.   Since when have we had resources that had some kind of time limit to give other DXers a chance?

Maybe there should be a 'new member only resource' section?

I really don't like to disagree but for real this thread contents really don't need to be on here, just heres some resources, anyone is welcome to use them. 

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#16 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

So are all layout creators bound by this rule?   It's totally ridiculous.   Since when have we had resources that had some kind of time limit to give other DXers a chance?

Maybe there should be a 'new member only resource' section?

I really don't like to disagree but for real this thread contents really don't need to be on here, just heres some resources, anyone is welcome to use them. 

J

I stand by my reply above in this particular situation, in light of my comment regarding the fact that the site has been fairly unusable for a few days... otherwise in normal circumstances it is indeed fair play to whoever spends the most time online and thus gets there first.

#17 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hey if five people release a DX with these resources I'd be okay with that.  The more the merrier..... we do have a few Line Up DXs... ;)

#18 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

Have we had a line up christmas special yet :D

• ady likes this
Hold the bells mate.

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Have we had a line up christmas special yet :D

lol Tommy, I get the joke, but we have to agree it's the best and most welcomed 're-re-re-release' ever.

We know it's almost Christmas, Pook's showing those lovely ladies :) http://www.dxcellent.com/

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

I'm not doing this layout I will leave,it to a newbie to do failing that maybe another present creator will take it on, I've enough to do with club attraction Wdx etc
One thing I will mention the layout provided is set on £2 jp and the flyers for four.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users