• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hey,

I'm currently having some problems with my Lumina note acceptor? I'm sure my loom supports note acceptors considering all the correct plugs are there. I harvested the note acceptor from another in which the acceptor worked fine.

My problem is, my fruit machine isn't detecting it. Every time I enter the BNV key, all I get is BNV NO RESPONSE.

I have attempted to reset the note acceptor by turning off the machine, removing the game card, flipping on switch number 6 on the acceptor, turning machine on, waiting 15 seconds, flipping the switch back, turning of the machine and re-inserting the game card. However, when I go to enter the key in the test menu, I still receive the same error. I enter the key: 123456 as I'm sure this is default after resetting

I have tried this both on Parallel and ccTalk (serial).interfaces and I still have no luck. I have posted some pictures if they help.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could help me out.

Thanks a bunch,

Reece

(P.S, I'd be grateful if someone could email me a copy of the Scorpion 4 instruction manual)

Attached Files

oCyGNYa.png

#2 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Also, just as an update, if the note acceptor is plugged in and the power door is shut it gives me Error 17.

oCyGNYa.png

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

Try setting dil switch 8 to ON.

#4 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

That didn't work I'm afraid. DIL switch 8 is a Coin alarm. I have tried everything, Parallel didn't work, even when i set the switch on the note acceptor to parallel, and serial (ccTalk) didn't work either. I just don't get why? I'm sure I've done everything correctly?

oCyGNYa.png

#5 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hmm. The problem is that different DIL switches seem to have been used over the years, even on the same tech.
Have a read of all of the Mecca threads in this search result, there's lots of suggestions:
https://www.google.c...ptor dil switch

#6 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

I have read this: http://www.crownleis...te acceptor.doc however, reading the Lumina section, it states about serial connection and turning on DIL 7. But DIL 7 is activate alternate profile? I have added an image of my DIL settings. Any other suggestions?

Attached Files

oCyGNYa.png

#7 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Switch 5 may say note acceptor but it's difficult to see because of the flash burn on the image...

#8 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

I have tried switch 5 and no luck. I wanted to contact Bell-Fruit, but they cannot respond if machines are for home use. I'm seriously confused right now. I have no idea what more I can try. Maybe if I make a video and send it to you via skype or mediafire or something, then you might be able to see if I've done something physically wrong?

oCyGNYa.png

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

I have tried switch 5 and no luck. I wanted to contact Bell-Fruit, but they cannot respond if machines are for home use. I'm seriously confused right now. I have no idea what more I can try. Maybe if I make a video and send it to you via skype or mediafire or something, then you might be able to see if I've done something physically wrong?

Yes Bell Fruit won't usually offer any help.

If you do a video then it's best to load it onto YouTube and embed it here, that way everyone can see it.
I'm not sure it will help though...

#10 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Okay then.

Here is the video: 

Edited by aaamusements, 21 April 2014 - 09:01 AM.

oCyGNYa.png

#11 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Just wondering... do you ever get memory reset alarm? Does the machine retain it's memory?

#12 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

I don't believe so, I've never experienced any problem with the battery before.

Edited by Reece, 22 April 2014 - 09:37 PM.

oCyGNYa.png

#13 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

I have read this: http://www.crownleis...te acceptor.doc however, reading the Lumina section, it states about serial connection and turning on DIL 7. But DIL 7 is activate alternate profile? I have added an image of my DIL settings. Any other suggestions?

Doesn't the above refer to DIL 7 on the note acceptor? And have you confused it with DIL 7 on the machine MPU?
Just trying to look at this from every angle...

#14 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

I have changed DIP 7 on the note acceptor as this is the DIP that tells the note acceptor it should communicate via ccTalk. I have got switch 5 on the board DILs turned on as this disables the machine from inhibiting the acceptor.

oCyGNYa.png

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

I'm running out of ideas!

http://www.fruitemu....dy-can-help-me/

Battery is still well worth investigation as if it's failing it could cause BNV errors...

#16 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

How could I test the battery?

oCyGNYa.png

#17 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

How could I test the battery?

Do you have a multimeter?

#18 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

I think I have a volt meter somewhere? 

oCyGNYa.png

#19 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Meter the battery and see what voltage it's putting out, if you can.

#20 Reece

Reece

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Okay

oCyGNYa.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users