271 replies to this topic

#221 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yeah.  System 80 with the other sound system emulated would be a great thing.  Would be able to hear the Supa Steppa DX I did in full glory, and machines like Nudge Double Up Deluxe MKII, Mystery Spin, Golden Stepper, Super Cobra and Bouncer. 

Plus all the other great System 80 machines that don't currently work on MFME might finally be emulated.  Machines like Aladdin's Cave, Blankity Bank, Masterspy, and Step 'N' Skip.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#222 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Today's update, MPU4 is now running with sound for the AY chip. Solenoid and Meter setups are in and very nearly working.

Tonight should see some more bugs being fettled away before moving from Smash and Grab to a newer machine to get other sound and extenders tested.

I've changed some of the setup options to simplify things a bit, and tidy up the config panel. So layouts will need some slight tweaks to be compatible.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#223 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

looking good

you must be up for ever then don't you need sleep

#224 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for the update and keeping us informed mate,off topic but can you grab me some more images of your cluedo machine? just some which are on a side angle and a little closer up so i can get on with the dx.

#225 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

looking good

you must be up for ever then don't you need sleep

Sleep, sleep's for sleepy people, lets get a kebab and go to a disco.

#226 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

if your pay for the kebabs I will pay for the drinks

Edited by banditboy2006, 26 May 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#227 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Another micro-update. Still working on MPU4, but visible progress has been made.

Payouts, Meters, RS232, EDC, AY8910 Sound have been added and improved in some cases.

A lot of the bugs have been taken care of, with a minor few remaining.

Next job is to find the last couple of bugs in the new payout code, followed by adding in a proper ROM loader for the dll as the Smash n Grab ROM is hard coded for testing at the moment.

Once that is done I can then add 7 segment displays + extenders, lamp extenders, reel extenders, characteriser, hoppers, bank switches, percentage keys, and the other 4 sound chips. That should complete MPU4 to the original spec Amber had. Then I can add in the Prize Mech and Prism Lamp code.

Whilst this is taking longer than I had hoped so far, large chunks of the code have been made reusable for quick addition to later techs.

The final job will be to go through the VB code and delete vast chunks of it which are no longer used, which should improve memory use.

All the techs will be created and tested without any server code. Server code will be added last as part of the server rewrite, though server functions have been kept in mind during the design process.

#228 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the update, seems like its comng along very nicely :)

#229 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

Thank you for the update

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#230 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

Todays update 28 bugs later:

Lots of stuff has been fixed and most machines will boot now.

OKI and NEC sound is next on the agenda to allow sampled sound machines to boot without locking up waiting for the sound card.

Lamp, Reel & 7 Seg extenders can then be added as I need various machines working to test the various extenders.

I'm hoping tonight will see MPU4 (not Video or Plasma) near as dammit complete.

Some extra features have been added along the way, some extra bugs found in the original VB code too which have been fixed in the C++ version.

Once MPU4 is done I will post some screen shots or a video of the new stuff.

IMPACT will be next up on the to do list.

#231 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for updating us Guitar.

#232 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Well, as per usual, things have been slower than I had hoped for.

But the coin handling is now in and working. Coin tubes are now emulated so token and cash low lights will go on and off as the real machine would. This also allows for different sounds to be played depending on whether a coin drops to tube, rejects, drops to cash box, or drops from tube A to tube B when tube A is full.

Small Lamp Extender is working, 7 Segs and Small extender is working.

The sampled sound framework is in and the OKI chip is 90% complete.

Thanks to a nudge in the right direction from DialTone, the FAME dll for the 68k core will now initialize without crashing the emulator.

This will (eventually) allow for MPU4 Plasma, MPU4 Video, M1 Video, JPM System 5, & JPM System 6 (IMPACT) to be emulated in future.

Sound, Extenders, Characteriser should see the regular MPU4 emulation complete.

#233 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

excellent thanks for the progress guitar you gaffe will be like a real arcade will you be adding a sharking option as well lol

#234 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the update

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#235 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thank you for the update Guitar. Glad to see its coming on famously.

bj

#236 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

"This will (eventually) allow for MPU4 Plasma, MPU4 Video, M1 Video, JPM System 5, & JPM System 6 (IMPACT) to be emulated in future.".

Yay!

Big Chief.

#237 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

"This will (eventually) allow for MPU4 Plasma, MPU4 Video, M1 Video, JPM System 5, & JPM System 6 (IMPACT) to be emulated in future.".

Yay!

Big Chief.

Just to explain a bit better.

Getting FAME to initialize is step 1 of about 20, I am cautiously optimistic it can be made to work. IMPACT will be the next tech as I can use it as a test bed for the FAME dll. Getting a game going using just FAME will be much easier than running it as a second cpu.

MPU4 Plasma will either be a piece of cake or a nightmare, not likely any middle ground. MAME has a preliminary driver with it in but it looks very incomplete. If the memory map is pretty much right, it should be a doddle as there isn't much to the Plasma board. If the memory map is wrong, or Barcrest are doing something funky with the board then it could be a bit of a mare to do.

MPU4 video just seems like its going to be a massive pain in the backside to emulate we'll see nearer the time.

#238 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

excellent thanks for the progress guitar you gaffe will be like a real arcade will you be adding a sharking option as well lol

I'm toying with several ideas for server features. I haven't decided yet what will make the final cut. One of the ideas was you could win a "Hot Tip" whereby the server would tell you which machines have high drift (i.e. are likely to pay out).

Other idea's include a "Halves In" mode where you can go 50/50 with another player on a machine.

There will be 3 admin modes, master admin (me), minor admin (as assigned) and arcade admin (arcade owner)

admins will be able to change various settings and watch machines in real time, so if a machine needs a refill it will be able to be fixed without the original player leaving the machine.

Arcade owners will not be allowed to play in their own arcades. As an admin for an arcade you will be able to see various stats that would allow you to shark your own machines, so you wont be allowed to play in your own arcades.

There are other ideas too, but we'll see what makes the final release. Be aware the when the new emu is released it will probably take a while to sort the bugs on the server.

#239 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

corking update. thank you

#240 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

This is looking like its going to be awesome when released.

Thanks for the update Guitar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users