• 447 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I think I'm still here....

#22 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Blessed are all the cheesemakers.

Aha, what's so special about the cheesemakers?

Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

• ady likes this

#23 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Would that not intrinsically include the cow?

#24 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

I guess the next big question now is whos going to be the one to turn out the lights.

#25 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

I think I'm still here....

You quite sure, or has Tharg taken over your mind? :D

#26 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Still visit..no DX'ing...(no time or inclination anymore)......dont even use the emu's anymore.....Apathy, lethargy, and new interests.....occasionally pop by to see who's still alive......miss a lot of people that used to frequent here, under various guises......

Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Still visit..no DX'ing...(no time or inclination anymore)......dont even use the emu's anymore.....Apathy, lethargy, and new interests.....occasionally pop by to see who's still alive......miss a lot of people that used to frequent here, under various guises......

Didn't you release all them line up layouts?

#28 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Dont think i ever did one line up....shit load of other crap though....had a thing for dodgy globals...

Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Nothing interesting to say, just thought i'd make my first post in over 8 months.

10 years ago when I first joined this site the scene was buzzing. Now it is not. I doubt it will ever be like that again, or even close to it.

#30 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

This is where this site and the Powers that be should be encouraging New members to take up the skills of emulation Not driving them away, how many oldie members have released stuff in the past 12months about 4, and how many newbie creators have we got about Three(myself included). But again the problem with this site is nobody has actually asked about dxing etc it's all take and no give, again some may say I've not put in resources etc but at least I'm putting some input within this site and slowly improving with age if we get no newbie dxer's before the oldie's go they're be no one left to train em Up so come on newbies give it a go its only hard at the beginning.
Also there's no Fun topics on here at the moment to get people involved I frequent various sites and some topics involve quizzes like guess the arcade and name the fruities. Some say the heart has gone from here, but I can faintly hear it just try a bit harder.

Edited by vectra666, 26 February 2014 - 03:26 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#31 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

This is where this site and the Powers that be should be encouraging New members to take up the skills of emulation Not driving them away, 

nobody is driving them away vectra mate... I guess a lot of 'newbies' as you called it join up thinking they are going to get the latest DOND or Astra game, like in the amusement arcades nowadays, and when they see that all is available is relics from Noah's Ark, they just never come back...

...it is an age-old thing in FME - I bet a lot of them that walked many years ago, came back now, because we have all the machines that they were all wanting back then... but they move on, and forget about the place, or another hobby or interest takes their fancy.

But we have never driven anyone away from here - not unless we have had to, and not without good reason anyway :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#32 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

@Daryl. Fair enough I see your point but members do near more encouragement, how do we do that? Like you said they all want dond or partytime like I wanted when I first joined but what they don't realise is there's much better to be found here and it's a great feeling to actually be able to produce your own layout within your Own specifications. never know one day in the near future I could be actually dxing the correct version of partytime of which no one will want as it'll be a vintage machine by then and would you really want 50+Dond's cluttering up your harddrive I dont lol. But do you agree more could be done to get newbies involved within Fme.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#33 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

I do certainly agree that we need more layout creators, but as you are well aware now vectra mate, MFME layouts have been done to death, and there only but a few left to do.

It is the uncertainty with the latest emulators that is the crux here... I have been playing (as you know) Guitar's latest build emulator, and it ran very well on my Acer PC tower, but I never tried it on my laptop, although it is core2duo with a 17" screen... I believe that Guitar hasn't updated Amber lately, and the progress is coming along, slowly but surely with the Epoch emulator too ( although that emualtor, although very welcome when it will come for all our members, will not get my knickers wagging ;) ) - but here lies an FME age old problem itself - waiting!

Many members, as you'll probably have become aware, aren't prepared too - they want it now and this instant. Because MFME has dried up, and we are now awaiting the final releases of Amber and Epoch, whether released individually or as a combined all-in-one, we have hit that 'dry patch' again, that well-known effect of FME and as you are well aware of those periods mate, nothing never happens, and nothing will keep members from leaving, if they so wish ( hell, I've even done it myself ;) )

Until the new emulators arrive, until members come here who just don't want the latest DOND/Astra shite, and until we get members who want to get into FME and postmortem it, not just play it, then I'm afraid things will be as they are... we have experienced worse than this (when MFME 9.4 was leaked) and we've gotten through it - there is no reason why we shouldn't get through this time either :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#34 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

This is where this site and the Powers that be should be encouraging New members to take up the skills of emulation Not driving them away, how many oldie members have released stuff in the past 12months about 4, and how many newbie creators have we got about Three(myself included). But again the problem with this site is nobody has actually asked about dxing etc it's all take and no give, again some may say I've not put in resources etc but at least I'm putting some input within this site and slowly improving with age if we get no newbie dxer's before the oldie's go they're be no one left to train em Up so come on newbies give it a go its only hard at the beginning.
Also there's no Fun topics on here at the moment to get people involved I frequent various sites and some topics involve quizzes like guess the arcade and name the fruities. Some say the heart has gone from here, but I can faintly hear it just try a bit harder.

Thing is Vectra666 you came to FME quite late.  Most if the 'oldies' among us have been around since the beginning so I'm sure you can appreciate that as time goes by enthusiasm wanes a little.  Lets see if you're as enthusiastic in ten years time eh?

When we get an emulator running unemulated techs with plenty of new roms and artwork I'm sure you see some of the 'oldies' surface again and start producing again.  What we're not going to do is keep rehashing the same old layouts over and over again just for the sake of it.

As for helping newbies, well thats out of out control.  If anyone want to learn then there are still plenty of members around who can help but we can't force people to do layouts if they don't want to can we?

As for your layouts, well TBH I've never downloaded one as they're completely the wrong resolution for me.  When 1280s became the norm all those years ago I immediately went out and bought some new kit and upgraded my PC.  That's how dedicated I used to be.  I appreciate that you're catering for people who are restricted to laptops but in my opinion you wasting your skills, especially now you appear to be knocking out layouts of decent quality.  I suggest you think about getting a cheap PC and making your layouts 1280 or higher and opening yourself up to a wider audience.

Just my tuppence-worth ;)

#35 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

1920x1080 please xx

#36 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Nicky special any res.

#37 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

Loads left to do. Just got to find the missing gems. There'll be 100s of machines not emulated that can be. Trouble is, nobody wants to go out of their way to get anything

I'll do something every now and again. Never something that's already done unless I didn't know about it..

Like Force Five and Flashback. 2 unreleased machines. I have 2 other S1 finished machines to go with these and an mpu4 and an mps after that. There are good images of all these. I did link these with the release threads (that also don't get added to the main download section on the home page unlike all the constant re-releases we get these days)

Edited by spa, 26 February 2014 - 09:38 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#38 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

It's impossible to encourage members to create layouts.  You either want to get involved or you do nothing and just enjoy what people are/have created.  It really is that simple.  There is nothing anyone can do.  

There is just no decent emulation chatter at all really nowadays, not like the good old days, mfme is old now, most 'old skool' DX'ers have pushed it to it's limits and there is no challenge left. 

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#39 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

haha DAD's post just reminded me of back in the day, where id be hoping a new DX was a 1024 and not a 1280!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users