• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dave t

dave t

dave t (dangerousdave8390)

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

hi, I have been helping someone with there machines hes become more like afriend really

he's bought atake it or leave it on mpu 6 barcrest , I've been to see it . its been fine , now hes not had it on over the last week

so hes turned it on to this alarm 42-2c mpu battery low 2.61v and that's it

now I have never dealt with mpu 6 before so its all new to me , does the battery want replacing or does it just want acharge from the mains for awhile???

the other thing is by taking that board out and putting it back it doesn't wipe the programme does it

all my machines are all moded to coincell and stopped from being charged by the mains

any help would be appreciated

thanks dave

#2 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Sounds like battery has just gone flat. But I wouldnt have thought a week should have been enough for the battery to have drained fully. Maybe the battery needs changing. But first, leave machine on for a few hours and see how long it lasts. If its less than a week I would say battery needs changing. Although I don't fully know how long is expected for a MPU6 machine being left off and going dead.

#3 dave t

dave t

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Sounds like battery has just gone flat. But I wouldnt have thought a week should have been enough for the battery to have drained fully. Maybe the battery needs changing. But first, leave machine on for a few hours and see how long it lasts. If its less than a week I would say battery needs changing. Although I don't fully know how long is expected for a MPU6 machine being left off and going dead.

the problem is its not just a simple change of the battery like I know and am used to , I found amanual before and its on about

registering the ibutton cell with the machine or something like that??  never heard out like it

#4 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Changing the batt will need the MPU6 to be re-flashed with the prog.

Ibuttons are coded to the machine.

#5 dave t

dave t

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Changing the batt will need the MPU6 to be re-flashed with the prog.

Ibuttons are coded to the machine.

and just how do you do that?  these machines aren't build for along time then? in 25 years no ones gonna have aflash card for one of these???

#6 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Remember Barcrest never built the MPU6 machines to stay as just one machine - Idea of MPU6 was not to change machines in site but to door swap and save time - Hence flash progs and easy off top doors with new Barbus looms.

#7 jaacckk

jaacckk

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:14 AM

sorry to dig this up but did you manage to sort this out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users