- - - - -

ShoutBox will soon be closing...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

why not just punish the individual offenders for abusing the shoutbox rules? I see the same members using grubby and dirty foul language, not only in the shoutbox but also in the forums. Im not naming these members but they are indeed regular. And I think these people should be punished or warned regardless of their status here.

Just because they've made a couple of contributions here and done a few layouts shouldn't give them a free ticket to using obscene vocal.

I haven't seen any posts were the forum rules have been broken!! You can swear in posts to a level,it's if you are directing the abusive language directly at someone then the rules should com in to affect.

• ady likes this

#42 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

why not just punish the individual offenders for abusing the shoutbox rules? I see the same members using grubby and dirty foul language, not only in the shoutbox but also in the forums. Im not naming these members but they are indeed regular. And I think these people should be punished or warned regardless of their status here.

Just because they've made a couple of contributions here and done a few layouts shouldn't give them a free ticket to using obscene vocal.

You, sir have demonstrated in your post the very thing I was talking about in my post above #25. Thank You.

Oh, and the only swearing and bad language I've come across just recently was towards myself!!!!!! This has now been resolved amicably without any intervention from the usual moaners.

I suggest you get back to reading the Daily Mail and stop stirring up more unrest.

I've no problem with SB closing, none whatsoever, if only to stop the bullying and intimidation that has been on there.

You say you're not naming names, but then you go into a detailed description about these people!!!

Grubby and dirty foul language..obscene vocals??? Errr What!!!

#43 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

There haven't been any rules broken and if they were I would've stepped in and so would others too.

The ShoutBox has just really out served what it was there for... it became unfit for purpose!

The Chat room will get used - members have just got to get used to using it... it is better than nothing at all in my opinion :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#44 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

I agree dump the SB.

It has been a breeding ground for bullying, harassment, intimidation and sycophancy in the past year.

Pull the plug.

The only problem I can see is that the people who constantly moan about it's misuse, will now have to find something else to moan about.

Your post is full of BS ... the problem I see are the members , need to be dealt with accordingly.

#45 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Your post is full of BS ... the problem I see are the members , need to be dealt with accordingly.

Just the reply i would expect......WHOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!! you missed the point ....right over your head.

The problem is moaners like you. Now the SB is closed, you've got find something/someone else to moan about.

Pathetic!!!

#46 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Just the reply i would expect......WHOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!! you missed the point ....right over your head.

The problem is moaners like you. Now the SB is closed, you've got find something/someone else to moan about.

Pathetic!!!

You for one are one of the reasons the SB has closed, I think you should be doing the decent thing and hanging your head in shame, but instead you are trying to pin the blame on them moaning rather than take any blame yourself, just the kind of thing you'd expect from the ginger spotty faced schoolboy.  

#47 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hey come-on guy's................

We are adults yeah?

#48 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Really - I'd be surprised :)

#49 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Bit of a temper there!!!!

Your'e not even worth a reply.

#50 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Your'e not even worth a reply.

doublespeak crap

#51 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

As Ady has said - cool it guys now please.

What is done is done  -  we're still here, there is the Chat room and we still have a lot to look forward to in FME.

I don't want to end up 'Abyssing' my own thread now do I?!  :bigeyes19:  :bigeyes19:

All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#52 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

i for one said the shoutbox was irreplacable but i may have jumped the gun there went on there last night and actually had a laugh which is something i've not had on here in a long time, yes i,d like improvements to use it like hovering over chat like and the users in there could be shown before entering and the @member could be implemented to make the C ROOM easier but yes its a change and i hope to use it even if its complicated atm. as for the odd harresments and remarks i feel this will not stop as rules can be broken i just hope the culprits are reprimanded regardless of status, the odd swear word makes it more real in my eyes belongs as it don,t get out on hand.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#53 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Judging by the way this thread is going, we need SB back just to keep the forums clean and friendly :D

#54 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

You dole out so many sage words I shall need you around when I stuff my bird this Christmas.

bj

#55 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

when I stuff my bird this Christmas.

bj

Please stop this grubby language. Thank You. :)

#56 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Please stop this grubby language. Thank You. :)

Gotta give the bird a good stuffing at Christmas. It only comes once a year, you know.

Bwahahahahaha.

bj

#57 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Gotta give the bird a good stuffing at Christmas. It only comes once a year, you know.

Bwahahahahaha.

bj

'cum' off it BJ...  :bigeyes19:  :bigeyes19: lol

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#58 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Spare a thought for Santa his sack only gets emptied once a year poor bloke also works all year round supervising all the elves for what no one to give him any presents

#59 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Spare a thought for Santa his sack only gets emptied once a year poor bloke also works all year round supervising all the elves for what no one to give him any presents

He only comes once a year but he does fill your stocking.

bj

#60 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I can see this topic turning into the new shoutbox lol. Going Slightly off topic
I hope santa's not related to Jimmy, or the way things are going they'll be hauling him to court as some spotty chav will be saying "he touched me up whilst I was on his knee, all I asked for was a space rocket" for xmas but the present came earlier than expected" poor santa.
And cruelty to animals making them reindeer fly all night without a 10minute fag break.
Or be accused of drink driving on xmas eve all that sherry n pies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users