Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Fruit Emu... support us - or you may lose us!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

As we are all aware, Fruit Emu is running very slow for a lot of us... and indeed we have been complaining about this, wondering why duplu isn't doing anything about it.

Well read this post from him:

duplu's reply to slow forums

Now I have and do donate to this forum and always have.... and I am asking now to all the members who haven't yet done so, or have only donated occasionally, think hard how much you want to keep fruit machine emulation alive, how much you enjoy the banter, the vast collection of FME layouts, roms and resources we have and the knowledge youve learned about fruit machines (and life in general ;)) and wonder to yourselves... 'I can have all this, even if I just donate £5 or more' - or you can LOSE THE LOT!...

...If support isn't given in the long-term with the lack of donations that duplu is receiving for Fruit Emu - that may definitely happen!

***  Support us, please - or you may lose us... the choice is yours!  ***

Here's how to donate:

Click the link below

http://www.fruit-emu...ry/2-donations/

Click on 'buy a gift voucher'

Click the amount you would like to donate

Click Email

Enter duplu for the username in 'recipient'

Enter duplu's email address: duplu@me.com

Your username is automatically entered into 'senders' name

Click on 'Buy Gift Voucher' and follow payment instructions from there - it's that simple :)

***Edit by Daryl***

I've amended now to include duplu's email address, which he has provided anyway further below this thread :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#2 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

i will throw a 10r in the pot as soon as i have got some spare funds i have had to pay a bit out i wont a weekend break first mind not been away for 10 years

#3 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

On the send gift voucher by part, what do you check, email or print.

#4 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

I believe, as I've said, you enter duplu's name and email address, using the 'email' to send the donation.

I only donated in April too... and I can't remember! :p lol

All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#5 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

All going well ill be donating £120 a year through advertising.. Lol
Already paid about £40

Edited by NickYerPesos, 16 August 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#6 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

I've just received a PM from duplu and he says the easiest way to donate to Fruit Emu is to subscribe here...

...here is a post duplu made earlier this year - which perhaps most of us should've heeded, showing you the different ways to subscribe:

http://www.fruit-emu...t-emu/?p=247546

Please pledge :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#7 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

I have been caring for my uncle who has end stage alzheimer's..

I know some members will appreciate and sympathise with what I and my family and uncle are faced with daily!

And im more than sure Daryl you know what I am having to organise and sort re benefit applications etc-bloody nightmare.-as ive read in other posts, similar nightmares you have faced!

I can't claim any money myself until my uncles Attendance allowance claim is processed,so effectivley I am on a nill income for anything upto 40week(time in which the claim can take to process)

I will when all is sorted make my annual contribution to the site,but until them I am reliable on family handouts to make ends meet!!

I do think though that it is time that a subscription fee was introduced on the site. Surely a flat rate of a £1 per month for say a basic membership,would be no harm.

Especially when i'm reading that the site could fold because of lack of donation.

The site may have had a long history of maintaining its Free status,but times are different and some realism has to prevale.

A membership scheme to me,seems the only option.

Full respect to you Daryl,I do not know you as some members do,but I do know you put your heart and soul into the forums,despite every thing you face in your personal life.

Jay

#8 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Mate... I am sure you will put your contribution when you can afford to - and promise me not until then....

... I know fully well what you are having to endure at the moment, as I am the same with my mother, and it has been a nightmare, which has caused me a 'wobble' in my own health - but we manage it, don't we mate - you have my upmost respect too :)

I just hope my nephew looks after me in my later stages, as you have so lovingly looked after your uncle... it'll make worthwhile everything I have only ever tried to do good for in FME and Fruit Emu site itself :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#9 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

Mate... I am sure you will put your contribution when you can afford to - and promise me not until then....

... I know fully well what you are having to endure at the moment, as I am the same with my mother, and it has been a nightmare, which has caused me a 'wobble' in my own health - but we manage it, don't we mate - you have my upmost respect too :)

I just hope my nephew looks after me in my later stages, as you have so lovingly looked after your uncle... it'll make worthwhile everything I have only ever tried to do good for in FME and Fruit Emu site itself :)

My uncle was more of a father to me and my sister,than my father ever was. He would take us on lovely holidays,and spoil us rotten.

So I will support him to the end.

This is now my full time job,but it is most definitely a vocation.

Many thanks for your kind words

Jay

#10 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

I've now added options for reduced monthly donations to the site for those that would like to donate and pound or two a month rather than a bulk amount.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#11 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Great stuff Duplu.

There isn't any reason why all members couldn't donate a quid a month.

A small price to pay for all the hours of entertainment we have to enjoy.

Jay

#12 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I can't believe the thread has only had 10 replies and 250+ views,will chuck summat in the pot mate.

#13 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ok which do i choose the email or print,i aint  got a clue

#14 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Email and just put my email of duplu@me.com

xeepi_logo_email.png

#15 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

/Sorted

#16 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

I'll do Gold Supporter (Monthly) except I'd rather not have a yellow username just my old username back ?  :notworthy: 

#17 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'll do Gold Supporter (Monthly) except I'd rather not have a yellow username just my old username back ?  :notworthy:

I suppose it don't matter what name you use as you're here.

If you do, i'll remove the yellow and alter the name and give Gold Member permissions.

#18 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

I would donate all of you, but I can't remember my own visa/debit card number and I am concerned of internet trolls and safety. You lot are very loyal. We certainly don't want to lose fruit-emu for Killcrazy's new emu, do we now? so keep donating! It was actually my ICT teacher that got me into this with tuppenny nudger classic sound effects. His name was Peter Bryanton. "Barcrest Junky's post" on another site recommended fruit-emu.

#19 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Two things I may ask, one is there a donate tab on the front page as can't find one I'm sure there used to be one, secondly I echo I have finished's reply about safety where bank details are involved that's why I'm reluctant to donate. Is there any way us members could donate via PayPal as its a safer option in my eyes maybe have a donate via paypal link on the front page just an idea thanks.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#20 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

The link is on every page under the 'Store' heading. You don't need any bank details, in fact you can only pay via Paypal.

xeepi_logo_email.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users