B3 Rainbow Riches Alarm Fault

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 iamlee2002

iamlee2002

• Regulars
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi there, I currently have a rainbow riches b3 fruit machine has been working fine untill yesterday had the first error since having it. First of all when booting it up it said disc fault (press ctrl alt del) so I rebooted it, then after booting it came up with Error Code: 16, MPU5 Comms Breakdown. After restarting it, it booted normal, But then whilst playing it, it just rebooted on itself and came up with the fault again. Left it off for 5 mins and restarted it then was all clear. Is this a sign of the hard drive or the mpu board on its way?

below is attached photo. Thanks in advance

Attached Files

#2 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

a coms breakdown is when the mpu5 goes offline, typically if the pc boots and the mpu5 is not present

#3 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Is the usb connected properly both into the pc and the gamecard?

Make sure they are both pushed right in and not loose, like nails says this error comes up when the mpu5 isn't connected to the pc.

If they are both correctly inserted and it still does it, then try a different usb cable as the one that's in the machine might be on it's way out, or it may even be the usb port on the pc itself that's knackered

#4 iamlee2002

iamlee2002

• Regulars
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hi ok thanks both for reply, funny enough i pulled the usb cable out and re inserted it yesterday just incase wonder if that helped. thanks both much appreciated :)

#5 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

No worries mate, let us know if it happens again, or does anything else strange

#6 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

As above the USB leads on these seem to give errors then after re-seating working fine - Only a few have never not worked but a common boot up issues on some that have been bent a touch to much in places.

Is this the machine you purchased of me Lee?

If so your welcome to call me and chat to my tech guy - Will help as much as i can to get fixed for you.

Best wishes

Stu.

#7 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sometimes the usb cable gets bent behind the hopper and this causes the error as it's not making a good contact.

It's not always noticable as it happens when you push the hopper back into place, so you can't really see it.  I used to get it quite often, so I got a longer usb cable and routed it better so that it couldn't get caught or pushed when the hopper was pushed back into place, and I haven't had the problem since.

#8 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Chasnbons said that much better than myself, lol.

#9 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for that Stu.

Oh btw, is there any chance you could accidentally damage the CatC/D Rainbow Riches you have on Ebay please, and then let me have the gamecard cheap lol. ;)

It's the last one I need to have the full set :)

No need to reply mate, cos I know what the answer is already! :p

#10 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

If you only knew how much trouble that machine has been the last 3 days - Build started on Monday and it only just passed its full basic tests today - Listed on ebay yes but being run and tested until next Mon just in case.

I have another 10 Rios on order but there all b3 as all the other cat c/d i sent to Reflex gaming for £300 per cab and no pcs.

We only turned this one into a cat d as the pics i had left would not run any games we had so was left with no choice - By the time we finished today the only remaining part of the machine that was on Mondays machine was the coin mech.

I now have 3x scrapped bases sitting outsite my units with more holes that a Swiss cheese due to sec bolts and poor filling skills.

#11 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

That's not good mate, I bet you're more than a little stressed with it lol.

So my only hope is that it manages to break down and die completely (without damaging the card and chip) and then hopefully you'll think, oh sod this and let me have the card ;)

#12 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

As above with another 10 coming in i would reject that machine if i feel it would cause customers trouble as i really dont want a faulty item to get sold.

5x Rainbows

5x Elvis 

So i will have more toys to play with - Just glad i dont have to do them myself, lol.

Notice how i managed to dodge the question  ;)

#13 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Question dodging duly noted lol

#14 slots

slots

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

hi stu do you have any b3 rainbow richies game cards for sale as mine is a £35 version . thanks 

#15 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi,

As per PM i would be silly to sell any spare parts due to always getting these machines in - The spares are worth far to much to me even if just sat on a shelf due to the amount of machines i sell in the Rio format.

Best wishes

Stu.

#16 iamlee2002

iamlee2002

• Regulars
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hi Starleisure yes this is the one i had off you. The machine is back working fine, after unplugging / re inserting the usb cable working fine :), maybe its when i closed the door with a bit of a push might of came a little loose. Starleisure, do you have the top boxes for these by any chance? didnt know they had them to be honest untill i noticed one on ebay the other day lol. By getting this machine from you its actually saving me a lot of money instead of going to bookies every day lol

#17 Starleisure

Starleisure

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi Lee,

Did yours not come with one? - Sometimes there fitted, sometimes in the bottom cash box area and sometimes without.

PM me your address and i will get one sent out via snail mail.

#18 iamlee2002

iamlee2002

• Regulars
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi stu nope didnt have one with the machine, nothing in bottom cash box apart from some rainbow riches posters :)

pm sent :) much appreciated buddy :)

#19 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Brilliant.

I'm the current owner, was getting the alarm 16, mpu error, checked all leads still the same.  Stumbled across this thread about taking out the usb leads totally and plugging them back in, and wahay, sorted!

Just need to get a stepladder to fit the top box thing!

:)

Cheers,

NQ.

#20 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

it all takes time m8, ive owned an arcade, managed a hanful and been an account manager all over the UK - and still find out new things!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users