Photo
- - - - -

What could be emulated that isnt emulated?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

All them old machines are dying now, lots of them are here but some old machines aren't emulated. Or what other machines would you like to see?

My examples are, crystal dome/maze £15jp version

Rich and famous, £8jp and £4 jackpots  5p play

Once these old machines don't exist no more then how will it be possible to obtain their rom software to keep them alive?  if anything old exists somewhere then its best to get its ROM before its gone for good!

Edited by corel, 25 April 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

I totally agree with your concern for losing the chance of obtaining the resources for emulating old machines. As I have found recently it's not always the most obvious places these old machines turn up.

Cafe/diners with a small arcade attached. Owner operators. They need to get the old machine out quickly as space is limited, and disposing of electrical items is not as easy as it was some years ago. There are still some good old machines about, but are being replaced by the newer video machines.

There also some bargains to be found as long as you have the means to get it home. I'm always on the look out.

Happy Hunting

Ricardo.

#3 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

On publically available emulators I would love the following to turn up:

Clickety Click by JPM
Line Up original ROM set
Hyper Vyper original ROM set

On privately held emulators I would like to see:

Maygay Cash or Nudge

bj

#4 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

On privately held emulators I would like to see:

bj

that's all from me... just that - then emulation would be your oyster :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#5 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Monty Python £25 jackpot would be cool, it hasnt been emulated on £25 jp

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Monty Python £25 jackpot would be cool, it hasnt been emulated on £25 jp

I used to own that, if I still had it I'd gladly copy the ROMs but at the time it never occured to me - I guess there's a lesson to be learned there. From now on, any machines I get, I'll try and keep the ROMs, and photos of the glasses / reels and anything else interesting!

If a Monty Python came up for sale near me today, I'd probably buy it, unless it was silly money. Quite liked my last one, but I ran it on £5 / 10p / 78% (it also did £25 on the same chip, and I've a feeling it might have done £15 on the same chip but can't be 100% sure of that!!). On £5, even some of the lower features would pay over a jackpot. On £25 it was pretty much punting out the jackpot or getting the IM IIRC, aside from some of the little 'hints' that lower features would give a JP ;)

Edited by Bencrest, 26 April 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#7 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yeah i remember back in the day our arcade had this set on £25, i stuck £2 in and got a super hold for jackpot which repeated! The arcade owner wasnt too pleased, mind you he was a miserable git lol. Then as the arcade got quieter it went from £25 to £15 then i think to £5jp if i remember rightly.

#8 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

This sounds like an interesting topic. I would like to see the original road hog emulated. at the moment it stands at £6/20P JP. I do believe there was another one out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

If monty £5jp was chipped to do 25 then isn't the current £5 emulated version capable of doing this as my dick turnip goes to £25 as does adders n ladders and pink pussy . There's some roms over at the mecca for monty not sure what version though, the same for road hog there,s some roms kicking around for various versions not sure what at moment as on mobile but something like 5p play £4 or 10p/ £6. I'd also like to see some of the £4jp and 4.80p jp made into 2 and 2.40 all cash versions, I remember playing nickelodeon on 2.40 it used to play out loads is there roms for the £2.40 all cash or can it be changed via dip settings.

Edited by vectra666, 26 April 2013 - 12:15 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#10 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I just tried to change monety to £25 in the config menu but it gives the "Invalid Ket Error"

#11 dazzalatic

dazzalatic

• Regulars
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Empire's adders and ladders, the one that laughs when it goes invincible.

Dazzler

#12 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

This sounds like an interesting topic. I would like to see the original road hog emulated. at the moment it stands at £6/20P JP. I do believe there was another one out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

20p/£4.80 this was released on,didn't last long at all though.

#13 specialreserve

specialreserve

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

How about each way shuffle mk 1.
Barcrest Cash'n'Carry was the game I grew up with at my local arcade. It was a mini nudges unlimited , 10p 5 plays.....happy days. I have not seen one for years.

#14 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Barcrest Cash'n'Carry was the game I grew up with at my local arcade. It was a mini nudges unlimited , 10p 5 plays.....happy days. I have not seen one for years.

SRU would be a great one to be emulated. I believe it is in the private one that we minions are not permitted to play with, but we can covet it to our hearts content. Not heard of Cash 'n' carry, but if it is a mini NU then I am sure I would like it. Is it MPU3?

bj

#15 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

vivids adders and ladders there are single player versions nowadays that seem to be replacing all the multiplayers.

#16 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

20p/£4.80 this was released on,didn't last long at all though.

Are you sure about that? IIRC Road Hog was released as a 'true' £6 jackpot machine, rather than getting upgraded from £4.80.

It didn't even have decals for the win panel, they were all printed directly onto the glass like the rest of the artwork.

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#17 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Talking of Vivid, I would like to see Prize Fighter emulated. I don't know what tech it is, but I used to play it in a pub in Worcester. I have seen Hi Lo Karate somewhere around here so thought prize fighter might be a possibility, please let me know ASAP.

#18 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

SRU isn't in the publicly released emulators at present, but has been done privately.  SRU is the tech that EWS, LAN and EWN was originally done on.  Cash 'N' Carry was an old Barcrest machine with the flat looking cabinet; if it's the one I'm thinking of.  Think that was done on MPU1, which isn't emulated at all.

SRU would be a great one to be emulated. I believe it is in the private one that we minions are not permitted to play with, but we can covet it to our hearts content. Not heard of Cash 'n' carry, but if it is a mini NU then I am sure I would like it. Is it MPU3?

bj

Yeah.  I'd love to see SRU getting released.  Got a couple of lovely WIPS waiting for the day it finally arrives. :)

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#19 specialreserve

specialreserve

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

The Cash'n'Carry I played early 80's was in a mini cabinet based on Nudges unlimited with a £1 jackpot for 3 bars, 70p 3 bells, 50p 3 apples.

With Nudges unlimited if you lost the gamble at the minimum win you won 10p on cash'n'carry you 'won' a free game. Someone else must remember this game. My local seaside arcade had at least 3 !

#20 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Are you sure about that? IIRC Road Hog was released as a 'true' £6 jackpot machine, rather than getting upgraded from £4.80.

It didn't even have decals for the win panel, they were all printed directly onto the glass like the rest of the artwork.

Mmm i could be wrong,i thought it was first released on £4.80 tokens but you are probs right,it also had a repeat chance for some feature,it was never used for the £6 version,the lamps for it are on the bottom left of the bottom glass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users