• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Is it possible duplu for you to alter the site's editor to prevent it from capitalising each word in a thread's Subject title, and altering upper and lower case text?

What I mean is, when I made the thread 'Pope Benedict X V I Is To Resign'... I originally typed:

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign - but it actually presented it has 'Pope Benedict Xvi Is To Resign'

It altered the XVI to Xvi and that isn't correct... I have also noticed that when someone enters FME in a thread Subject, it comes up Fme... that doesn't look right either does it?

Can you adjust it mate to put what we actually type, and not what the editor corrects it too please? :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Good point there Daryl, but I could do with an editor so my full stops and comers etc are in the right places, as can never get these right. My punctuation/grammar was never my strong point.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Good point there Daryl, but I could do with an editor so my full stops and comers etc are in the right places, as can never get these right. My punctuation/grammar was never my strong point.

Write it in an editor 1st, eg MS Word and that'll highlight grammar..........fix it then just copy 'n paste to the forum.

Make it a lot easier for the reader vec's.

#4 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

It's a setting within Invision to stop users posting their topics totally in capitals, ie, SHOUTING.  It has the side effect of doing exactly what you have described.

I'll turn the setting off and we'll see if it's more annoying to have it switched off than on.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#5 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thanks mate, much appreciated...

We'll just ban them that SHOUT at us! :p lol
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#6 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Vec's the only annoying thing I find about your punctuation is your use of a comma instead of an apostrophe....

such as:-

I,ve... I've

can,t...can't

won,t... won't

etc.

The Apostrophe on a keyboard set to "English UK" is below the @ sign on the same key/button.(I'm not being condesending)

Correct grammer, punctuation, and spelling would appear to be of little importance nowadays, a lot of the post on here testify to that, and with text speak being the preferred option of todays generation, (lol, wtf, omg,) there is little hope for improvement, and I would probabaly include you in the age group, so please don't think I'm being critical (you started it) just trying to point you in the direction of one thing you know isn't quite right.

Jim

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Vec's the only annoying thing I find about your punctuation is your use of a comma instead of an apostrophe....

such as:-

I,ve... I've

can,t...can't

won,t... won't

etc.

The Apostrophe on a keyboard set to "English UK" is below the @ sign on the same key/button.(I'm not being condesending)

Correct grammer, punctuation, and spelling would appear to be of little importance nowadays, a lot of the post on here testify to that, and with text speak being the preferred option of todays generation, (lol, wtf, omg,) there is little hope for improvement, and I would probabaly include you in the age group, so please don't think I'm being critical (you started it) just trying to point you in the direction of one thing you know isn't quite right.

Jim yes i know i should use an ' instead of a , but it's just habit as when typing whether it be on a computer or phone to type the "," as it's easier just like text'in shorthand  lol rofl's n omg's

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users